A new recall for Pacifica? - Page 5 - 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums
 28Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #41 of 49 (permalink) Old 07-02-2018, 09:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by citanic View Post
I wont drive a car if I do not have a small tool kit on it. So this whole thing did not bother me too much. In another hand, you have to be in their shoes. If you refuse to do the recall and they do not have it well documented with your signature and witnesses, etc, in the case of an accident where you may die somebody can come after then saying that they did not perform the recall.
Dunno...my van was in and out of the shop last weekend and they never mentioned or performed either recall. Some recalls take a lot of time, I think it would be a stretch to expect a dealer to perform every recall the second they lay hands on the vehicle.

Of course everyone is running scared about lawsuits now. The sharks have been circling ever since the GM ignition debacle a few years ago.
Longtimemopar likes this.

2019 Tesla Model 3

Former: 2017 Chrysler Pacifica
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 49 (permalink) Old 07-02-2018, 02:14 PM

Garage
Well there is a class suit against Chrysler/FIAT relative to the famous engine stopping in the middle of highways.

-.-

-------------------------------------------------------------
Advanced Safety Package is the way to Go
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

March 2018< 2018 Pacifica Touring L +
2010 - 2018 - Prius III
2008 - 2010 - Honda Fit
Before 2008 - Hyundai Tucson, Sonata, Elantra, Mercury Mystique, Toyota Corolla.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
vs
post #43 of 49 (permalink) Old 07-22-2018, 08:31 PM

Garage
Took my 18 Touring-L in for recalls on 18 July 2018. Got two of them done (took about 3 hours but at least they are done).
U64, Reprogram PCM (cruise control issue) - Flashed to 68366854AE
RU VP4, Radio with Amp Enhancement (huh?) - Updated to 19.11.0-20171129-107U

Still need U50 (Manual Park Release). Dealer still does not have the new cover - the one with the screw in it. So my records have been updated to reflect that one as still required. If it never gets done, it won't really upset me as I tend to keep cars till they rust and blow away. I'm curious though why they can't just drill a small hole in the existing cover and secure it with a small machine screw to something back behind the cover. Can't be that cosmic a job.

2018 Pacifica (Gas) Touring L
Manf: 18 Dec 2017, 0800 Hrs, Canada (that was a Monday)
Purchased 26 Jan 2018, 20 Miles, Fruitland Park, FL
Ext Color: Molten Silver
Int Color: Black / Alloy Interior Colors
Perforated Leather Trim Bucket Seats
Engine: 3.6L V6 24V VVT ENgine with ESS
Transmission: 9-Speed FWD Auto Trans

Perpetual Stop/Start Failure - terrible car as unknown future fails exceed the good.

Last edited by K&BsNu2108Pacifica; 07-22-2018 at 08:35 PM.

post #44 of 49 (permalink) Old 07-22-2018, 10:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by K&BsNu2108Pacifica View Post
Took my 18 Touring-L in for recalls on 18 July 2018. Got two of them done (took about 3 hours but at least they are done).
U64, Reprogram PCM (cruise control issue) - Flashed to 68366854AE
RU VP4, Radio with Amp Enhancement (huh?) - Updated to 19.11.0-20171129-107U

Still need U50 (Manual Park Release). Dealer still does not have the new cover - the one with the screw in it. So my records have been updated to reflect that one as still required. If it never gets done, it won't really upset me as I tend to keep cars till they rust and blow away. I'm curious though why they can't just drill a small hole in the existing cover and secure it with a small machine screw to something back behind the cover. Can't be that cosmic a job.
The new small trim piece (cover) doesn't need a screw in it. The new trim piece is a little bigger so that it fits more tightly in the hole and it is supposed to require a screwdriver (instead of a fingernail) to pry it loose. The trim piece is attached to a strap that can take the van out of gear when pulled.
K&BsNu2108Pacifica likes this.

2017 Pacifica Touring L (gas) - Sept. 2016 build
post #45 of 49 (permalink) Old 09-04-2018, 11:05 AM

Had our Pacifica in this morning to do this recall and the cruise control recall. For some reason they didn't have this piece, and when I asked the Service Manager what the shifter recall actually did, since it appeared that the cover was compliant, he kinda shrugged.

It reminds me of the GM switchblade key recall. Sometimes I think the Feds try a little too hard.

2017 Touring L (Gas) - June 14, 2016 Build

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page