Recall U87: Voltage Regulator may Fail and Cause Stall - 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums
 7Likes
  • 3 Post By macuis
  • 1 Post By Longtimemopar
  • 3 Post By m0ebius604

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-23-2018, 01:01 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Recall U87: Voltage Regulator may Fail and Cause Stall

NHTSA posted a recall campaign that'll start September 28. I had this posted on another thread, but it should probably have it's own since many owners have discussed random stalling issues. Hopefully this fully addresses this concern once and for all.

NHTSA Campaign Number: 18V524000

Manufacturer Chrysler (FCA US LLC)

Components ELECTRICAL SYSTEM

Potential Number of Units Affected 12,779

Summary

Chrysler (FCA US LLC) is recalling certain 2018 Jeep Renegade, Compass and Grand Cherokee, RAM 1500 and Promaster, Fiat 500x, Dodge Journey, Challenger, Charger and Durango and Chrysler 300x vehicles, 2017-2018 Jeep Wrangler, Dodge Grand Caravan and Chrysler Town and Country vehicles and 2018-2019 Jeep Cherokee and Chrysler Pacifica vehicles. The powertrain control module may be equipped with a voltage regulator chip in the circuit board that may fail, causing a stall or a no start condition.

Remedy

Chrysler will notify owners, and dealers will replace the powertrain control module, free of charge. The recall is expected to begin September 28, 2018. Owners may contact Chrysler customer service at 1-800-853-1403. Chrysler's number for this recall is U87.

Notes

Owners may also contact the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration Vehicle Safety Hotline at 1-888-327-4236 (TTY 1-800-424-9153), or go to www.safercar.gov.

2018 Pacifica Touring-L Plus, Billet Metallic
  • S Appearance Package + 20" Wheels | MOPAR Front & Rear Splash Guards | Hands-Free Sliding Door & Liftgate | 3M Protection (Front & Rear Bumper, Hood, Wheel Wells, Mirrors, A-Frame, Door Sills)
  • 8 Passenger Seating | 3D MAXPider All Weather Floor Mats | Husky Weatherbeater Cargo Liner | Uconnect 4C
  • Build Date: December 27, 2017
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-24-2018, 08:37 AM

Garage
An interesting development with a parts supplier. In the article on the Allpar site it states that this will be an expensive recall for FCA. Wouldn't the parts supplier be responsible for the cost?

https://www.allpar.com/news/2018/08/...s-brakes-41871

and thanks to @macuis for the info.
sjambok likes this.

2017 Pacifica
Touring L
Billet Silver
Package 27L
mfr. 5-17
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-15-2018, 11:40 AM

I brought mine to the shop today and we will see if they're going to perform this for me, as I'm on the list of stalling vehicles. :-( Thanks!

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-03-2018, 11:41 AM

Garage
Heres the offical U87 recall documents

https://www.dropbox.com/s/bq80v7sjx5...ecall.pdf?dl=0
SciTchr, Longtimemopar and macuis like this.

-2018 Pacifica Hybrid Limited
-British Columbia Canada

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-21-2019, 11:14 AM

This seems to be the exact same issue that happened to me today, I have a 2018 Pacifica Limited that I purchased in December. But Mopar.com says no recalls available for my car.

How can I check?

My car basically stalled at a red light on a highway exit ramp. Would not re-engage. Even after turning off, it would not start again with a check engine light. After 5 minutes or so, it worked... It is unusually cold out today (single digits) but that shouldn't be the issue.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-21-2019, 11:49 AM

I think you can check it using your VIN at https://www.mopar.com/en-us/my-vehic...ls/search.html

What is the built date of your Pacifica?
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-03-2019, 01:41 PM

Garage
GREAT! Another recall that is still not on the radar for my 2018 Pacifica Limited, Manf Date: 18 Dec 2017. Had it in for routine oil change in December and the dealer said nothing was showing in the computer as pending for my vehicle/VIN. I read the Recall sheet (thanks for the link m0ebius604) and didn't find anything that would give a hint of why or not any particular vehicle might be included in the recall. Anyone have intell on that and maybe when we should raise the flag with FCA on not getting the notice? Hopefully, mine won't be included and my vehicle won't have to relearn something again.

2018 Pacifica (Gas) Touring L
Manf: 18 Dec 2017, 0800 Hrs, Canada (that was a Monday)
Purchased 26 Jan 2018, 20 Miles, Fruitland Park, FL
Ext Color: Molten Silver
Int Color: Black / Alloy Interior Colors
Perforated Leather Trim Bucket Seats
Engine: 3.6L V6 24V VVT ENgine with ESS
Transmission: 9-Speed FWD Auto Trans

Perpetual Stop/Start Failure - terrible car as unknown future fails exceed the good.

Last edited by K&BsNu2108Pacifica; 03-03-2019 at 01:45 PM.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-04-2019, 02:56 PM

I haven't had this issue occur again since it hasn't been so cold. But it happened twice when I was in single digits...

2018 Chrysler Pacifica Limited (Gas)
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-01-2019, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by harrysiii View Post
I brought mine to the shop today and we will see if they're going to perform this for me, as I'm on the list of stalling vehicles. :-( Thanks!
So mine isn't on the recall list. :-(

2018 Pacifica Limited
Build Date 4-18
Brilliant Black
Package 27P with: ALP - Advanced SafetyTec Group; AHT - Trailer Tow Group; AAJ - UConnect Theater w/ Streaming & Sound Group; MW1 - Roof Rack - Stow 'n Place; CJJ - Vacuum Delete; GX3 - KeySense
WeatherTech Floor Liner - Complete Set

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page