Why is it so hard to get U50 recall done? - 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums
 2Likes
  • 1 Post By Longtimemopar
  • 1 Post By Waldo
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-25-2019, 08:17 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Posts: 47
Why is it so hard to get U50 recall done?

Does this sound right? Second attempt to get the shifter release recall done today. The last time was in September, and I was told then that they needed to know the color of the interior on our Pacifica in order to order the right part, but that they'd call me when it came in. They never called, but since the recall is nonsense anyway I sort of forgot about it. Fast forward to last week and the "CHANGE OIL SOON" warning came on. I figured I'd throw the local dealer a bone for doing the recall work, so I scheduled the appointment and told them explicitly that they never called to have me come back to do the recall in September, and that I wanted to make sure the recall was done while I was there. I was assured that they would have the part to do the recall and it would be done while I waited.



Went today to have the work done, and when I went to check out I asked if the recall had been performed and was told no, that they had to order the part and Chrysler makes them start a repair order before they can order any parts. While I understand the point of doing this when diagnosis is required or there is a question about something being covered under warranty, but this is a NHTSA recall and Chrysler knows it needs to be done, they're the ones who keep reminding me every so often that it hasn't been completed. I worked at Volkswagen/Audi/Porsche dealer not too long ago, and when there was a recall they were able to stock or order parts before seeing the vehicle when it involved a recall, so that the customer wasn't inconvenienced.



Now, assuming they call tomorrow to say the part is in, I have to take time out of my day on Saturday morning to go back to the dealer so they can snap this new cover in and tell Chrysler that the recall is complete.
Jimal is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-26-2019, 12:28 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: California
Posts: 1,402
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimal View Post
Does this sound right? Second attempt to get the shifter release recall done today. The last time was in September, and I was told then that they needed to know the color of the interior on our Pacifica in order to order the right part, but that they'd call me when it came in. They never called, but since the recall is nonsense anyway I sort of forgot about it. Fast forward to last week and the "CHANGE OIL SOON" warning came on. I figured I'd throw the local dealer a bone for doing the recall work, so I scheduled the appointment and told them explicitly that they never called to have me come back to do the recall in September, and that I wanted to make sure the recall was done while I was there. I was assured that they would have the part to do the recall and it would be done while I waited.

Went today to have the work done, and when I went to check out I asked if the recall had been performed and was told no, that they had to order the part and Chrysler makes them start a repair order before they can order any parts. While I understand the point of doing this when diagnosis is required or there is a question about something being covered under warranty, but this is a NHTSA recall and Chrysler knows it needs to be done, they're the ones who keep reminding me every so often that it hasn't been completed. I worked at Volkswagen/Audi/Porsche dealer not too long ago, and when there was a recall they were able to stock or order parts before seeing the vehicle when it involved a recall, so that the customer wasn't inconvenienced.

Now, assuming they call tomorrow to say the part is in, I have to take time out of my day on Saturday morning to go back to the dealer so they can snap this new cover in and tell Chrysler that the recall is complete.
I think it may be your dealer. Someone made a mistake telling you that they had the part. Shortly after that recall was originally issued, I took the van in for something else and the dealer must have had a supply of trim parts available so the trim piece recall was done while there. After the initial wave of recall fixes, dealers may not want to keep a supply of parts so they may need to order as needed.

2017 Pacifica Touring L (gas) - Sept. 2016 build
SciTchr is offline  
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-27-2019, 08:45 AM Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Posts: 47
Got the call yesterday. The part is in and I'm going down Saturday morning to have it installed.


If the part were expensive, or if it required verification that the recall was needed, I could see them wanting to see the vehicle before ordering. I understand a small town dealer not wanting to carry parts inventory, but since they knew last September that the recall hadn't been performed, and since their own systems know the recall hadn't been performed on this particular VIN, I don't accept this as an excuse.


It's bleeping annoying.
Jimal is online now  
 
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-27-2019, 09:22 AM
Senior Member
 
Longtimemopar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: Palm Coast, FL
Posts: 886
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimal View Post
Got the call yesterday. The part is in and I'm going down Saturday morning to have it installed.


If the part were expensive, or if it required verification that the recall was needed, I could see them wanting to see the vehicle before ordering. I understand a small town dealer not wanting to carry parts inventory, but since they knew last September that the recall hadn't been performed, and since their own systems know the recall hadn't been performed on this particular VIN, I don't accept this as an excuse.


It's bleeping annoying.
The dealership already has your VIN which would give them all the information they would need. Not a high dollar part. Dealership = not so good
Jimal likes this.

2017 Pacifica
Touring L
Billet Silver
Package 27L
mfr. 5-17
Longtimemopar is offline  
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-27-2019, 10:53 AM
Senior Member
 
Waldo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Downstate Illinois (and sometimes Florida)
Posts: 864
Quote:
Originally Posted by Longtimemopar View Post
The dealership already has your VIN which would give them all the information they would need. Not a high dollar part. Dealership = not so good
I agree. This is just the dealership blabbering BS to cover up their carelessness. Complain on the service survey.
Longtimemopar likes this.

2018 Chrysler Pacifica Limited Billet Silver, AST, 20" wheels (build date 1-25-18)
2014 Jeep Cherokee Latitude V6 FWD Eco Green

Past . . .
2012 Honda Odyssey EX-L, 2003 Mazda MPV, 1997 Odyssey,
1999 Accord, 1994 Accord, 1988 Accord . . .
. . . and others in the 'way back machine!
. . . First new car:
1962 Plymouth Valiant
Waldo is offline  
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-28-2019, 12:14 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Posts: 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waldo View Post
I agree. This is just the dealership blabbering BS to cover up their carelessness. Complain on the service survey.

Got the survey yesterday, and I will wait until the piece is replaced Saturday morning before I complete it. Industry-wide the dealer survey model is broken, but I do know the dealers get notified as soon as the survey is submitted and I'm not interesting in having a discussion about the survey while I'm there.
Jimal is online now  
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-02-2019, 04:39 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Posts: 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimal View Post
Got the survey yesterday, and I will wait until the piece is replaced Saturday morning before I complete it. Industry-wide the dealer survey model is broken, but I do know the dealers get notified as soon as the survey is submitted and I'm not interesting in having a discussion about the survey while I'm there.

Ran down this morning to finally had the recall performed. Just received a reminder about the survey, but as I suspected the survey is ridiculously long and overly detailed about the wrong things. It is like most - if not all - of the manufacturers use the same company to design these surveys, and they last thing they are is a meaningful measure of a customer experience.


Maybe I'll try again in a couple days, but at this point the easier thing to do is simply vote with my wallet.
Jimal is online now  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Recall work marked complete? catboy Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Recalls 7 04-06-2018 12:56 PM
2018 Chrysler Pacifica Recall: Fire Extinguisher May Be Clogged or Inoperable PacificaAdmin Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Recalls 0 01-08-2018 05:10 PM
Recall Clairification mickeyboat 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica PHEV Hybrid General Discussion 106 07-31-2017 09:21 PM
2017 Pacifica Hybrid (PHEV) Recall: Power Inverter Module Failure Due to Overvoltage Chrysler Pacifica News Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Recalls 1 07-25-2017 02:15 PM
SiriusXM extension for cars under recall relytgerg 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica PHEV Hybrid General Discussion 1 06-15-2017 01:26 PM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome