Tekonsha 90250 Prodigy RF Electronic Brake Control - 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums
 2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-09-2018, 03:46 PM Thread Starter

Tekonsha 90250 Prodigy RF Electronic Brake Control

As you can see I have several posts in this forum. I just bought a popup camper with brakes and need to install a brake controller. The Tekonsha wireless one seems vastly eaiser then driling holes in the car.

Who has used one of these with the Pacifica and how easy was it to pair?

I do not have the factory tow package, I installed a universal 7 pin kit from e-trailer.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-09-2018, 04:27 PM

If you can wait until the weekend I'll let you know...I'm just waiting to get my Pacifica back from the shop so I can install the trailer wiring. I use a Prodigy RF, and as we discussed on the other thread it's been really good. Pairing has nothing to with the specific vehicle though...as long as both the controller and handheld have power and are within range they will pair.
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-09-2018, 05:39 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomB985 View Post
If you can wait until the weekend I'll let you know...I'm just waiting to get my Pacifica back from the shop so I can install the trailer wiring. I use a Prodigy RF, and as we discussed on the other thread it's been really good. Pairing has nothing to with the specific vehicle though...as long as both the controller and handheld have power and are within range they will pair.
I am not in any hurry, I just bought one on Amazon and it will not be here until next week anyway.

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-09-2018, 08:01 PM

If you consider a wired controller, there is a rubber grommet in the front firewall on the driver’s side. It has a nipple molded in it that you cut off, run wiring into driver side footwell, then seal with silicon. The instructions for the Mopar trailer wiring harness have diagrams & instructions. Also shows the factory preferred route to run wiring from back to front.
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-09-2018, 08:58 PM

I have the prodigy and it works great. ....installation is as simple as it could be. I can pull my trailer with any vehicle. If my neighbor wants to borrow my trailer, I just hand him the controller, and away he goes. I have had many different controllers hard wired and installed in the vehicle. Never again. This controller is basically portable. Best regards. G
TomB985 likes this.
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-09-2018, 09:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post
I have the prodigy and it works great. ....installation is as simple as it could be. I can pull my trailer with any vehicle. If my neighbor wants to borrow my trailer, I just hand him the controller, and away he goes. I have had many different controllers hard wired and installed in the vehicle. Never again. This controller is basically portable. Best regards. G
Yep, this exactly.

I've towed my open trailer with an Odyssey, Town Car, Escape, and now my new Pacifica without any kind of permanent controller installation. Just wire up a 7-pin adapter with 12v power and away you go. I really like the setup.
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-10-2018, 02:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nails1 View Post
If you consider a wired controller, there is a rubber grommet in the front firewall on the driver’s side. It has a nipple molded in it that you cut off, run wiring into driver side footwell, then seal with silicon. The instructions for the Mopar trailer wiring harness have diagrams & instructions. Also shows the factory preferred route to run wiring from back to front.
Hi @Nails1 do you have a link to the mopar instructions or could you attach them here? I'm doing some other wiring, and would like to see the factory prefered wiring route. Thanks for your help

Nevermind I found them on a mopar web page

TomB985 likes this.

2017 PACIFICA LIMITED
Brilliant Black Crystal Pearl
Black/Deep Mocha interior with Deep Mocha seats
3.6L Pentastar VVT V6 engine with ESS
Customer Preferred Package 27
Hands−Free Sliding Door & Liftgate Group
AdvanTec Safety Group
Tri-Pane Sunroof
20" Tire & Wheel Group
Uconnect Theatre & Sound Group
Trailer Tow Group
KeySense
ManuDate: June 24 @Midnight
Purchase New: March 2018

Last edited by GoWFO; 05-10-2018 at 02:30 AM. Reason: Add Link to Mopar trailer wiring instructions
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-10-2018, 09:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoWFO View Post
Hi @Nails1 do you have a link to the mopar instructions or could you attach them here? I'm doing some other wiring, and would like to see the factory prefered wiring route. Thanks for your help

Nevermind I found them on a mopar web page

THANKS for the link! Very useful for when I run my wiring this weekend. I was very disappointed initially when I found out the factory wiring kit can't be used on my ESS-equipped van...now not so much. Mine is going to be SO much simpler to install.
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-10-2018, 09:27 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomB985 View Post
Yep, this exactly.

I've towed my open trailer with an Odyssey, Town Car, Escape, and now my new Pacifica without any kind of permanent controller installation. Just wire up a 7-pin adapter with 12v power and away you go. I really like the setup.
How did you wire up the reverse light to you 7 pin adapter? Since its in the hatch I am considering removing panels and fishing wire to the reverse light, but perhaps there is a better way.
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-10-2018, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattlreese View Post
How did you wire up the reverse light to you 7 pin adapter? Since its in the hatch I am considering removing panels and fishing wire to the reverse light, but perhaps there is a better way.
I haven't gotten that far, I just purchased my Pacifica last Tuesday, and it's been in the shop with a coolant leak since Saturday. My dealer's service department has had it longer than I have.

I hope to get things wired in this weekend if parts arrive in time, otherwise it won't be until next week sometime.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page