Console addon - 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums
 5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-22-2017, 07:25 PM Thread Starter

Question Console addon

Any one know of a addon to place in lower part of console to add more cup holders and storage? Seems like wasted space.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-22-2017, 07:56 PM

Several of us have changed out our consoles to the "super console". I just finished mine transformation this morning. See my thread here:
https://www.pacificaforums.com/forum/...-consoles.html
BrettP likes this.

Don (ezdays) Day
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-23-2017, 01:10 PM

Meh, the super console isn't anything special. The pull out drawer gets in the way of stuff in the back, and those cup holders aren't super useful. There also isn't a great place to set your phone.

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-25-2017, 08:30 AM

Garage
I was thinking about this too...maybe 3D printing an insert that fills the space between the driver's and passenger's "footwells" and comes up to about knee level. Maybe when I get the time Ill mock up a prototype...lets be honest though, with a 1 yo and 2 yo..."get the time" means next year

2017 Chrysler Pacifica Touring L Plus
Granite Crystal Exterior
Black/Alloy Interior

UConnect Theater group - Keysense - Nav
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-26-2017, 12:53 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1984 Sheepdog View Post
Meh, the super console isn't anything special. The pull out drawer gets in the way of stuff in the back, and those cup holders aren't super useful. There also isn't a great place to set your phone.
Hmmm... I have a spot for a phone or wallet on the front side of the console found on my Touring L Plus. They put CDs in the pocket there... which is amusing in itself
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2017-Chrysler-Pacifica-rear-center-console.jpg (264.4 KB, 206 views)

Father of thing 1, thing 2, thing 3, thing 4 is getting a minivan.
2017 Chrysler Pacifica Touring L Plus with Tow, Advance Safety, 8 passenger, Tire/wheel, and Nav.
*Ordered 1FEB and delivered 20MAR2017

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-26-2017, 09:04 AM

I'm quite happy with my newly installed console. I now have access to things I had to store way in the back side compartments. And no, storing CD;s or DVD's isn't a problem since we don't have a CD or a DVD player. No kids to entertain, and we have the radio of we get bored with each other.

Yup, the extra storage was worth the effort and cost.
Gohawks1224 likes this.

Don (ezdays) Day
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-26-2017, 11:23 AM

Yup, that's where I place my phone, in the "cd slot." I once tried the horizontal slot in the dash, but when accelerating my phone would fly out!
Gohawks1224 likes this.

2017 Billet/Alloy Limited - UConnect Theater/Sound, 20 inch Wheels, Safety Tec

Previously:
2001 Ody EX
2004 Ody EX NAV
2006 Ody Touring RES NAV
2009 Ody Touring RES NAV
2011 Ody Elite
2014 Ody Elite
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-26-2017, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gohawks1224 View Post
Hmmm... I have a spot for a phone or wallet on the front side of the console found on my Touring L Plus. They put CDs in the pocket there... which is amusing in itself

Probably the same guy thought of the CDs that put in that coin tray in the pull out bin. I wish that slot was much larger and not as deep, but yeah, it is probably the best place for a phone.
Gohawks1224 likes this.
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-26-2017, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1984 Sheepdog View Post
Probably the same guy thought of the CDs that put in that coin tray in the pull out bin. I wish that slot was much larger and not as deep, but yeah, it is probably the best place for a phone.
Seeing as how we have no toll roads, tunnels or bridges here in Arizona, I just removed the coin tray and you'd be surprised how much more room that adds. And we don't frequent a drive-thru that often either.

Don (ezdays) Day
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-26-2017, 12:29 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ezdays View Post
Seeing as how we have no toll roads, tunnels or bridges here in Arizona, I just removed the coin tray and you'd be surprised how much more room that adds. And we don't frequent a drive-thru that often either.
indeed. However, I do not use it because my bitcoins do not fit there I kid.

I could see a coin holder being very important in europe or japan, but not the US. I have been to both places and you end up with a lot of coins.

Father of thing 1, thing 2, thing 3, thing 4 is getting a minivan.
2017 Chrysler Pacifica Touring L Plus with Tow, Advance Safety, 8 passenger, Tire/wheel, and Nav.
*Ordered 1FEB and delivered 20MAR2017

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in