Super Console Install Today: Pics and Details - 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums
 13Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 23 (permalink) Old 05-05-2017, 11:24 PM Thread Starter

Super Console Install Today: Pics and Details

'17 Touring with the low console.

It took a few hours but well worth it. Easier than my 300C grille conversion and Accord factory LED headlight install. I did not attempt any wiring of the cup holder light which I've never had on any car including MB, BMW, Lexus and I don't need it on this car.

Superconsole: $125 +$45 shipping ebay, included metal bracket mount.

The stock low console has 2 front bolts under the front rubber mat that need to be loosened (not removed). All bolts are 10mm

Two additional screws under the center rubber cell holder need to be removed.

The front of the console has slots (with the bolts you already loosened) to allow the console to slide to the rear to expose the 12V and USB plugs.

Disconnect the 12v and USB plugs then remove the console.

Disconnect the proximity fob wire on the plastic mounting base. Remove 4 bolts on the plastic mounting base. Slide out the fob from the tabs.

Reconnect the fob wire. I used 2 way tape on the fob and attached to the floor.

Take the metal mount base to the hardware store and purchase 4 correct metric bolts long enough to pass through the plastic console mount hole and into the threads of the metal plate. Plastic panels pop off the new console to access mount holes and test fit with your new bolts.

Remove USB and 12V unit from the old console by pressing 6 tabs on the rear and snap into the new console.

The new console is attached at the rear to the metal plate with the 4 bolts you purchased, you will not use the stock rear screws.

Mount the metal plate with the 4 bolts from the stock plate. Make sure proximity fob is secure however you mount it.

You need to remove the inner plastic seat rails to access the rear mount holes. It is accessed from under the seats.

Open the Stow N Go. Remove the plastic push pin at the rear of the seat rail, slide the rear plastic cover off.

At the rear, there is a torx screw on the outer rail to remove. At the front of the seat rail, a torx screw needs to be removed on the inner side. Once loose, pop the metal tabs off the side metal rails. Lift the front floor mat and slide the plastic rail off. The plastic window at the front does not need to be removed but there is a female tab that needs to mate up with a metal tab up front that is easier to connect with the window open when re installing.

Slide the new console into position (2 people). Connect the 12V and USB wires and slide it all the way forward so the rear mount holes line up. Do not tighten the bolts.

From under the seat, insert the bolts with washers using an extension for access. Rock a bit to line up the holes if necessary. Do not tighten. Repeat for the other 3 bolts then tighten all bolts including the fronts.

Snap on the plastic console panel that covers the bolts before installing the seat rail plastic (easier to do with more space. Re install the plastic rail covers.

Last edited by II Kings 9:20; 05-05-2017 at 11:27 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 23 (permalink) Old 05-05-2017, 11:41 PM

Great job...congratulations...
II Kings 9:20 likes this.
post #3 of 23 (permalink) Old 05-07-2017, 10:27 AM

Nicely done! Thanks.
II Kings 9:20 likes this.

Brett
2017 Gas Pacifica Limited, Vel Red/Black/Alloy
Tow, Vac, Adv SafetyTec, UConnect Theater, 18" Wheels

post #4 of 23 (permalink) Old 05-07-2017, 11:56 AM

Awesome, I think I will give it a whirl once I get my Touring next week.
post #5 of 23 (permalink) Old 05-07-2017, 05:03 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjoshi View Post
Awesome, I think I will give it a whirl once I get my Touring next week.
It is so worth it. It was fun figuring out the process. Plan on a couple of hours. I did my 300C factory navigation (first ever for me) in less than an hour. Dealer said 3 hours labor and additional cost for wiring. It was a simple PNP (plug and play) with 0 wiring. Just unplug and plug a couple of phone jack connections and voila.

Wife is loving it and I drove it today and the difference is night and day. I thought the low boy was fine but I didn't know what I was missing. This console adds significant storage well beyond the door pockets and a much better look with proper height cup holders, rear cup holders, and a rear pull drawer.

Make sure you get the super. There's a mid grade console that lacks the rear cups and perhaps the pull drawer.

You'll need to decide how to handle the keyless fob receiver. I cut 2 pieces of 2 way tape and wrapped it in a U shaped fashion at each tab I didn't do a 360 wrap. I placed it longitudinally on the right under the wiring harness making sure it cleared the edge of the plastic console. No issues with any electrical interference, that's why the wires are coated in plastic and it's already near those wires to begin with albeit above floating in free space on the stock mounting plate. Some have mentioned a new wire adapter and locating it elsewhere but not having a clue where the stock location is with the super console, I didn't find it necessary.

GLuck.
post #6 of 23 (permalink) Old 05-07-2017, 05:22 PM

Could you please link of PM me from where you bought your Superconsole on Ebay ?
post #7 of 23 (permalink) Old 05-07-2017, 09:15 PM

Just swapped mine with a super console and i agree that it makes a huge difference. Took two hours of my time but well worth it. I used a double side tape to stick the keyfob sensor on the floor and I didn't bother with the cable to connect the lights. Just ordered two battery operated led lights from amazon and will use those for the small top compartment. I highly recommend you guys to get one for $125 before they sell out.
post #8 of 23 (permalink) Old 05-08-2017, 07:31 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjoshi View Post
Could you please link of PM me from where you bought your Superconsole on Ebay ?
Just sent you a PM
post #9 of 23 (permalink) Old 05-08-2017, 09:46 PM

Got my PacHy tonite. After the excitement subsides, this will be my first swap.

2017 Pacifica Hybrid Platinum with sunroof.
Velvet red with black seats.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #10 of 23 (permalink) Old 11-26-2017, 07:02 PM

Garage
Hi,

unfortunately the pictures are no longer visible in this post. Is there a possibility to reupload those?

Thanks in advance
Andy
elize likes this.

2017 Pacifica LX
2009 Audi A4 convertible

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page