Inflatable Spare Tire vs. Donut - Page 2 - 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums
 24Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 34 (permalink) Old 05-09-2018, 12:21 PM

Garage
I wish it came with that IndyCar style self-jacking system. That would be so cool.
citanic likes this.

'18 Pacifica LTD, GCM
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 34 (permalink) Old 05-09-2018, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by citanic View Post
I know. My issue with Fix-A-Flat is that still you need to inflate the tire in some way
The van comes with an inflator/goo kit that plugs into the back power port.

2017 Pacifica Touring L (gas) - Sept. 2016 build
post #13 of 34 (permalink) Old 05-09-2018, 12:31 PM

Garage
Think about it, a spare tire is more dead weight added and a waste of useful space you could have used for many other things. In the TL+ I'm using the compartment to keep a hand vacuum, tool kit, towels, etc. I still have room to put more stuff there. So definitely, I'm glad that TL+ came with just a repair kit that includes an air pump which BTW I used to carry in my Prius for emergencies and the one that saved at least 2 times to have to use the spare tire of my Prius. When you get what I call the "morning flat tire" that means that your tire spent the whole night to deflate. And that means that if you put air on it that will give you enough time (20 to 30 minutes) to get into a tire repair place. You need more time, stop and reinflate as many times as you need.

-

-------------------------------------------------------------
Advanced Safety Package is the way to Go
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

March 2018< 2018 Pacifica Touring L +
2010 - 2018 - Prius III
2008 - 2010 - Honda Fit
Before 2008 - Hyundai Tucson, Sonata, Elantra, Mercury Mystique, Toyota Corolla.

post #14 of 34 (permalink) Old 05-09-2018, 12:32 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by SciTchr View Post
The van comes with an inflator/goo kit that plugs into the back power port.
Correct. The combination of that kit and a Fix-A-Flat is a total replacement for a spare tire.

-

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2010 - 2018 - Prius III
2008 - 2010 - Honda Fit
Before 2008 - Hyundai Tucson, Sonata, Elantra, Mercury Mystique, Toyota Corolla.
post #15 of 34 (permalink) Old 05-09-2018, 12:38 PM

Garage
Here it's a good information on the topic

-

2010 - 2018 - Prius III
2008 - 2010 - Honda Fit
post #16 of 34 (permalink) Old 05-09-2018, 07:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by citanic View Post
Think about it, a spare tire is more dead weight added and a waste of useful space you could have used for many other things. In the TL+ I'm using the compartment to keep a hand vacuum, tool kit, towels, etc. I still have room to put more stuff there. So definitely, I'm glad that TL+ came with just a repair kit that includes an air pump which BTW I used to carry in my Prius for emergencies and the one that saved at least 2 times to have to use the spare tire of my Prius. When you get what I call the "morning flat tire" that means that your tire spent the whole night to deflate. And that means that if you put air on it that will give you enough time (20 to 30 minutes) to get into a tire repair place. You need more time, stop and reinflate as many times as you need.

I totally get that. But if I get a “morning flat”, I can also change the tire in 10 minutes and go to work. I can then either repair the flat myself after work, or stop by a tire shop for a fix during lunch or on my way to/from work.

As a bonus, repairing a tire that has been “repaired” with fix-a-flat isn’t as easy as one without, and many shops charge more to do so.

Different factors for different folks. The most important thing for us, however, was not having that worthless vacuum back there.
citanic and GoWFO like this.
post #17 of 34 (permalink) Old 02-16-2019, 01:06 PM

Bought a 2019 Pacifica. Second week took a 2 1/2 hour trip. Coming home pulled off interstate to get a drink, pulled back on and tire went flat. Pulled out inflation kit followed directions and filled tire. Half a mlle later tire flat again. Didn’t add towing coverage because we had Chrysler Roadside. Found out they only pay if towed to Chrysler dealership. They’re not open on Sunday. Only place open was Walmart. Six hours later finally home. $180 for tow. $120 for tire. Someone here said you have more chance to get hit by lightning than have a flat the kit wouldn’t fix. I guess I got hit by lightning.
post #18 of 34 (permalink) Old 02-16-2019, 04:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by royalcoach View Post
Bought a 2019 Pacifica. Second week took a 2 1/2 hour trip. Coming home pulled off interstate to get a drink, pulled back on and tire went flat. Pulled out inflation kit followed directions and filled tire. Half a mlle later tire flat again. Didn’t add towing coverage because we had Chrysler Roadside. Found out they only pay if towed to Chrysler dealership. They’re not open on Sunday. Only place open was Walmart. Six hours later finally home. $180 for tow. $120 for tire. Someone here said you have more chance to get hit by lightning than have a flat the kit wouldn’t fix. I guess I got hit by lightning.
Exactly why we ordered the spare tire / vacuum delete. Cant put the vacuum on to get home lol

2018 Pacifica Limited Billet Silver Metallic Clear Coat
Uconnect® Theater with Streaming and Sound
Interior Protection Package
Trailer Tow Group
Advanced SafetyTec Group
KeySense
8–Passenger Seating & 20–Inch Wheel Group
Delete Vacuum / Add Spare Tire
Front and Rear Splash Guards
Engine Block Heater
Wireless Charging Pad by Mopar
Lifetime Warranty w/ $100 Deductible
post #19 of 34 (permalink) Old 02-16-2019, 06:10 PM
TCS

AC/DC tire inflaror and a plug kit and your good to go for under 50 bucks.
post #20 of 34 (permalink) Old 02-16-2019, 07:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by royalcoach View Post
Check your insurance policy. Some throw in roadside assistance..

I have AAA as well - they respond fast around here (except when 100 people need a jump start on a cold morning) and I don't want my wife stranded for a long time or forced to the dealer off hours.... To me it's worth the few $$$.

2017 Pacifica Touring L Plus
Build date Oct 2016 - Delivered 11/30/16

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page