Rear bumper loading guard - Page 3 - 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums
 13Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-12-2019, 08:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by terraformer View Post
I had the installer add paint protection film to cover the area back there. Apparently XCEL film has a template for it already, so the installer used it to cut the Llumar PPF that was used on my van. I have the film across the complete front and hood, the A pillars and across the roof about 4", side mirrors, and door handle cups. It's not cheap, but there's peace of mind in having it, especially with trucks and the crap they throw behind them, road rocks, etc. I had film on my truck and it looked like new for many years.
I too went the Xpel route. It's definitely not cheap, but we're keeping this one for awile, so I considered it good insurance for the long haul. I had the entire front clip, door handle cups, and top of rear bumper covered. I like that it's basically invisable, high gloss, and self healing. Turns out that Xpel is very popular with the Tesla and supercar crowd too. It was comical seeing the PacHy flanked by Ferrari's, Lambo's, McLaren's, and Model S and X Telsla's.....sadly the PacHy did not make the installer's Instagram cut upon completion.....

Also ceramic coated the rest of the PacHy exterior with Ceramic Pro 9h, so the exterior is "bullet proof"....although it is not lost on me that my wife will find a way!

2018 PacHy Limited, Xpel front clip clear bra, 20% tint, Ceramic Pro 9h coated, 18" Black Rhino Mozambique's
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-12-2019, 08:29 PM

Garage
Dawn Enterprises RBP-017 Rear Bumper Protector Compatible with Chrysler Pacifica

I sent for my rear bumper cover protector a while ago and finally got around to installing it today. I bought some extra car-trim double-sided adhesive foam tape (from AutoZone) as the rubber cover comes with very little of the 3M tape installed. Installing he extra tape on the back of the rubber protector wasn't a problem and only needed about 12 feet of the extra tape. The extra tape did cause me some amount of difficulty getting the protector positioned properly without the tape getting stuck on the bumper too soon. It was like watching a baby play with sticky tape. They move it from finger to finger, hand to hand, trying for a long time to get rid of it. That was me wrestling with the protector. Anyway, I finally got it positioned correctly and pressed down per their instructions. Not sure how long it will stay attached with any commercial car washes but it sure looks good and hopefully will help protect the plastic painted bumper cover.

This was my ultimate source for the Rear Bumper Protector: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...rumsconvert-20
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg cover.jpeg (38.7 KB, 25 views)
File Type: jpeg Cover Source .jpeg (28.8 KB, 19 views)

2018 Pacifica (Gas) Touring L
Manf: 18 Dec 2017, 0800 Hrs, Canada (that was a Monday)
Purchased 26 Jan 2018, 20 Miles, Fruitland Park, FL
Ext Color: Molten Silver
Int Color: Black / Alloy Interior Colors
Perforated Leather Trim Bucket Seats
Engine: 3.6L V6 24V VVT ENgine with ESS
Transmission: 9-Speed FWD Auto Trans

Perpetual Stop/Start Failure - terrible car as unknown future fails exceed the good.
post #23 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-13-2019, 12:32 AM

Weather tech has a rear liner and bumper cover that snaps on the liner for placing over the rear fascia, you might want to look at that as well . I have it for my Pacifica and it shows out of site and is usable when needed .
K&BsNu2108Pacifica likes this.

post #24 of 24 (permalink) Old Yesterday, 09:12 AM

I've got the same one from sportwing. It does the trick and it's very easy to install

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page