Rear bumper loading guard - 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums
 13Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-03-2018, 11:29 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Rear bumper loading guard

Seems like a practical upgrade - this one is a softish rubber material. Not sure why this isn't std with pacificas (bean counters I suppose). Nobody wants to scratch up their paint loading things into the van...

When I was at the dealer I saw something similar on the durango SRT, but that was a brittle plastic.

This one comes with 3M double-sided tape for adhesion
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2018BumperGuard.jpg (328.9 KB, 358 views)

2018 TL+ Jazz Blue / "S" Appearance / Advanced Safety Tech / 8-seat / Towing / 18" stock winter wheels / 20 Speaker HK / spare tire / splash guards / keysense. Ordered 4/6/18, built 4/13/18, Upfit complete 4/25/18, Arrival ETA available on 4/30 (5/5-5/15), unloaded from train in Jessup, MD 5/6, trucked to dealer 5/16
Mods: 19" MSW Type 48 Black wheels w/wider 255 tires, LED conversion, Husky Xact Floormats, Ceramic Tint, aukey DS02 dashcam
Next up: Shop manual
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-04-2018, 12:44 AM

That looks good. What brand is it and where did you buy it from?

2018 Touring Plus with S package.
post #3 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-04-2018, 01:01 AM

I have this one from Amazon and I think it's the same one the OP has. It gets great ratings. I believe the same one is also sold on Car Id.

One reviewer says it did not fit a 2017, they either received the wrong one or the buyer did not place it correctly. It fits.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

2018 Black S Limited EVERY OPTION available.

post #4 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-04-2018, 11:33 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by dovetail65 View Post
I have this one from Amazon and I think it's the same one the OP has. It gets great ratings. I believe the same one is also sold on Car Id.

One reviewer says it did not fit a 2017, they either received the wrong one or the buyer did not place it correctly. It fits.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Yes, @dovetail65 is correct, I have the same one.

2018 TL+ Jazz Blue / "S" Appearance / Advanced Safety Tech / 8-seat / Towing / 18" stock winter wheels / 20 Speaker HK / spare tire / splash guards / keysense. Ordered 4/6/18, built 4/13/18, Upfit complete 4/25/18, Arrival ETA available on 4/30 (5/5-5/15), unloaded from train in Jessup, MD 5/6, trucked to dealer 5/16
Mods: 19" MSW Type 48 Black wheels w/wider 255 tires, LED conversion, Husky Xact Floormats, Ceramic Tint, aukey DS02 dashcam
Next up: Shop manual
post #5 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-04-2018, 04:38 PM

Garage
I have the same one, purchased directly from Sportwing. I just wonder why it is not an inch wider to cover the entire bumper. Dog nails will find that one bare inch, for sure!

Dog Sports Mobile Extraordinaire:
  • 2017 Chrysler Pacifica Limited in Brilliant Black Crystal Pearl with Black/Diesel Interior
  • Tire and Wheel Group (20" Wheels) / Advance SafetyTec Group / Uconnect Theater Package / KeySense
  • Built May 2017, In service Sep 2017
post #6 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-04-2018, 05:01 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Claudia View Post
I have the same one, purchased directly from Sportwing. I just wonder why it is not an inch wider to cover the entire bumper. Dog nails will find that one bare inch, for sure!
hmmm, I wonder if its the same one. When I look at the pictures in the Amazon link, it does cover the bumper.....??? Not cheap....$...

2017 Pacifica
Touring L
Billet Silver
Package 27L
mfr. 5-17
post #7 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-04-2018, 05:38 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Longtimemopar View Post
hmmm, I wonder if its the same one. When I look at the pictures in the Amazon link, it does cover the bumper.....??? Not cheap....$...
I noticed Sportwing answered questions related to the Amazon item, so I assume they are the vendors there as well. When the liftgate is down, you won't notice the gap, but when it's up (which is when I need the protection, there is a gap. I tried to mark it on the Amazon stock photo attached. Sorry for my primitive method.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_4896.jpg (111.8 KB, 197 views)
Longtimemopar likes this.

• 2017 Chrysler Pacifica Limited in Brilliant Black Crystal Pearl with Black/Diesel Interior
  • Tire and Wheel Group (20" Wheels) / Advance SafetyTec Group / Uconnect Theater Package / KeySense
post #8 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-04-2018, 05:50 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Longtimemopar View Post
Not cheap....$...
@Longtimemopar , as for the price, the dealer quoted me $200 for the very same part and installation!! I thought it was something special and asked them to see a picture of it and when I saw that it was the same item I had already seen online, I declined gracefully. I, too, can peel a sticker, I'll have you know!

post #9 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-05-2018, 08:11 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Claudia View Post
I noticed Sportwing answered questions related to the Amazon item, so I assume they are the vendors there as well. When the liftgate is down, you won't notice the gap, but when it's up (which is when I need the protection, there is a gap. I tried to mark it on the Amazon stock photo attached. Sorry for my primitive method.
OK, I see what you mean: the vertical area. I don't think we will find a bumper protector that will cover that part. What about a heavy towel temporarily placed over the opening to keep your dogs from scratching that area ?
Claudia likes this.

2017 Pacifica
Touring L
Billet Silver
Package 27L
mfr. 5-17
post #10 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-05-2018, 09:50 AM

Most of the scratches are in the area most rearward, not in the area of the gap.
I had one on my Outbacks, Sienna, and now the Pacifica.
Well worth the money.
A bottle of touch up paint is 20 dollars!
I agree, the van should come with one, but it doesn't.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page