Super console install problem - 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums
 9Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-08-2019, 01:38 PM Thread Starter

Super console install problem

Just a heads up, I ordered a 2019 tour L that I received mid June. Based on previous threads, I decided to install a super console this past weekend. I ordered the new wiring harness part#68228600AD to make installation easy and plug and play for the lights, only it wasn't. When I went to install the console, the new harness would not plug into the existing harness in the van. The plugs were completely different even though they had the same number of pins and the wiring colors matched.

I had to remove (unpin) the old and new plugs and re-pin the old plug to the new harness. Not really hard but was time consuming. If you are thinking of doing this install on a 2019, I would look for a newer wire harness than the part# floating around or be prepared to modify the new harness to work with the existing van harness.

Anyhow, I really like the new console and the extra storage space.
craig likes this.

Last edited by Mkbrower; 07-08-2019 at 01:44 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-08-2019, 10:21 PM

Garage
The super console is sure worth the PIA that it is to install!
Mkbrower likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-09-2019, 07:22 AM

Same thing here. At first I thought it was a deal breaker until working those pins out and into the proper plug solved everything.
I also had to get a new LED bulb as one of the 2 in the super console was missing.
Worth the hassle for sure.
craig and Mkbrower like this.

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-09-2019, 11:40 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Okievision View Post
I also had to get a new LED bulb as one of the 2 in the super console was missing.
Worth the hassle for sure.
I had to replace the cup holder light as it was broken-off at the connection when I received it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-09-2019, 06:52 PM

I replaced the console with a super console about two years ago. We cut open the old one and just used the wiring harness from that one. I added a couple of wires to use for the two lights, but couldn't get into the power harness and just left them there. The results, I have a great console that the lights don't work on, but that's not a big deal.... I think I have a thread here showing what we did.

Don (ezdays) Day
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-10-2019, 12:23 PM Thread Starter

It took about 15 minutes to figure out how to separate the bottom of the console from the top but once I did, it was super easy to run the new harness.
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-10-2019, 09:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mkbrower View Post
It took about 15 minutes to figure out how to separate the bottom of the console from the top but once I did, it was super easy to run the new harness.
I had mine in the living room floor all torn apart to run the harness and my wife at one point said "well, at least we have the original we could put back in if we have to"
Once everything was all back together, I didn't even have any left over screws!
craig and Mkbrower like this.
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-11-2019, 06:31 PM

What's the condition of the Super Consoles from the Phoenix ebay seller? Just wondering how many scuffs/scratches I should expect- hard to tell since the photos aren't detailed enough or specific to the console depicted. I've been debating on double the cost for a brand new one through online parts stores.
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-11-2019, 07:17 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by lashton View Post
What's the condition of the Super Consoles from the Phoenix ebay seller? Just wondering how many scuffs/scratches I should expect
I bought one from the seller in Phoenix. The inside-out Home Depot box that it arrived in was all taped and torn; the worst packing that I've ever seen. The good news was that the console was in perfect shape with the exception of the cup holder light connection being broken ($22 USD to replace it, able to tuck the wire to install the console and replace the light when it came).

The console is a major improvement over the mid-grade console.
lashton likes this.

post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-11-2019, 08:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lashton View Post
What's the condition of the Super Consoles from the Phoenix ebay seller? Just wondering how many scuffs/scratches I should expect- hard to tell since the photos aren't detailed enough or specific to the console depicted. I've been debating on double the cost for a brand new one through online parts stores.

I was lucky, we live in the Phoenix area and he gave me his address. We had the pick of the litter, and no concerns about shipping damage or charges. At that price, I was willing to accept a few scrapes and scratches, but there were none.
lashton and craig like this.

Don (ezdays) Day

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page