2nd row child seat - Page 2 - 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums
 7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-12-2017, 12:27 AM

Garage
not sure if this helps but there they are. I ended up moving the oldest to the second row. the 3 year old wanted to sit next to her brother.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2017-03-23 16.17.10.jpg (198.3 KB, 108 views)
Tia3 likes this.

Father of thing 1, thing 2, thing 3, thing 4 is getting a minivan.
2017 Chrysler Pacifica Touring L Plus with Tow, Advance Safety, 8 passenger, Tire/wheel, and Nav.
*Ordered 1FEB and delivered 20MAR2017

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-12-2017, 02:25 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gohawks1224 View Post
not sure if this helps but there they are. I ended up moving the oldest to the second row. the 3 year old wanted to sit next to her brother.
Awesome! thank you
Gohawks1224 likes this.
post #13 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-13-2017, 06:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by popac View Post
Thank you all for great response.
I would have loved to have those 2nd row seats to go back a bit since I have no use of the 3rd row and it seems that that space is really wasted cause 2nd row seats are fixed.

Two questions:
1) I guess other minivans (odyssey and sienna) have much bigger space in the 2nd row cause they move fore/aft. Any experience with those minivans? Is my thinking correct?
2) Pacifica hybrid 2nd row seats are completely different; they move fore/aft BUT are no longer Stow & go. That being said I guess if you leave the car seat on those then the 3rd row access will be restricted to some extend. What do you think?

We just went through some of the same thoughts during our buying process.

We have two young kids, age 1 and 3, and ended up installing one rear-facing child seat behind the driver and one forward facing behind the passenger. So far, the lack of fore/aft adjustment hasn't been an issue. I am 5'10" and when I'm driving the vehicle I don't have to compromise my driving position to accommodate the rear facing seat behind me. If I were over 6' tall, I would just swap them around and put the rear facing seat on the passenger side. We have 7 passenger seating and there is enough room to pass in front of a forward facing car seat and then go through the middle to get to the back row. So the rear facing car seat can go on either side.

It gets harder if you have two rear facing car seats. In the 8 seat configuration, you can't access the 3rd row without taking one of them out, or folding down half of the 3rd row and entering from the rear. In the 7 seat configuration, if you're small you might be able to squeeze under a rear facing car seat and go through the middle. Or if you're flexible, you might be able to step over the console from the front seat and go through the middle. That's where other minivans with an adjustable 2nd row have a bit of an advantage. In the Sienna and Odyssey, it looked like you could adjust the second row to fit a rear facing car seat in the third row if you needed to. In the Pacifica, I don't think a rear facing car seat will fit in the third row (ours can't) unless you stow the seat in front of it, and then you don't have an anchor point for the tether.

post #14 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-14-2017, 07:17 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red MC View Post
We just went through some of the same thoughts during our buying process.

We have two young kids, age 1 and 3, and ended up installing one rear-facing child seat behind the driver and one forward facing behind the passenger. So far, the lack of fore/aft adjustment hasn't been an issue. I am 5'10" and when I'm driving the vehicle I don't have to compromise my driving position to accommodate the rear facing seat behind me. If I were over 6' tall, I would just swap them around and put the rear facing seat on the passenger side. We have 7 passenger seating and there is enough room to pass in front of a forward facing car seat and then go through the middle to get to the back row. So the rear facing car seat can go on either side.

It gets harder if you have two rear facing car seats. In the 8 seat configuration, you can't access the 3rd row without taking one of them out, or folding down half of the 3rd row and entering from the rear. In the 7 seat configuration, if you're small you might be able to squeeze under a rear facing car seat and go through the middle. Or if you're flexible, you might be able to step over the console from the front seat and go through the middle. That's where other minivans with an adjustable 2nd row have a bit of an advantage. In the Sienna and Odyssey, it looked like you could adjust the second row to fit a rear facing car seat in the third row if you needed to. In the Pacifica, I don't think a rear facing car seat will fit in the third row (ours can't) unless you stow the seat in front of it, and then you don't have an anchor point for the tether.

you can still tilt fwd a rear facing seat, just hit the button for stow n go

2017 Chrysler Pacifica Touring L Plus with Tow, Advance Safety, 8 passenger, Tire/wheel, and Nav.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #15 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-15-2017, 03:59 PM

ive got 3 across middle, recaro proride, prosport and a radian....its tight but its in sold, kids have more leg room than in the 2006 yukon
post #16 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-16-2017, 09:56 AM

Quote:

Im 6'3" so we did the swap sides. 3y/o is behind the driver. I keep the screen up at all times to avoid him kicking it or trying to left it with his feet. The 1y/o is rear facing in a convertible behind the passanger, there is plenty of room even for me when I sit there. The 3y/o can climb under and through the opening from the passenger side if he feels like it. His seat tilts to allow access to 3rd row with plenty of room even if he's strapped into the seat haha.

We just went on a long trip. The 1y/o was moved to the third row rear facing behind the passenger seat. No issues.

We have Diono Rainer seats and the rear facing seat uses the angle adjuster pad.
post #17 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-17-2017, 01:09 PM

Good info. Our convertible seat which didn't fit rear-facing in the third row is a Britax Marathon ClickTight.
post #18 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-17-2017, 03:38 PM

Garage
the strain on your back loading a child into the rear facing seat in the third row must make some chiropractor happy.
pacificat likes this.

post #19 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-17-2017, 10:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gohawks1224 View Post
the strain on your back loading a child into the rear facing seat in the third row must make some chiropractor happy.
Wasn't bad and was only for our trip. I would typically climb in then have my wife hand the baby back. Even if I did it myself it wasn't terrible at all. The forward tilting seat allows for plenty of room to maneuver.

Although I would not recommend this as a long term solution unless you have triplets haha.
Gohawks1224 likes this.
post #20 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-17-2017, 10:09 PM

Quote:
Good info. Our convertible seat which didn't fit rear-facing in the third row is a Britax Marathon ClickTight.
We love the Diono's. The Rainer is a full metal frame and they are slim. The seat can be folded up for storage/travel and you could fit 3 across in even a Jetta or smaller car if you needed to.

They are a little pricey but in my opinion totally worth it for their crash/safety ratings.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in