Child Seat in 2nd Row Middle? - Page 2 - 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums
 7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-01-2016, 02:11 PM

I just came across this thread after posting my experience with three rear facing child seats. So you can read my other thread if anyone is interested.

In Short, I have three Diono RXT and they fit three on the 2nd row easily if I wanted to but I decided to stow one seat and put the third seat in the back row. I had 2x the Boulevard before the third kid arrived but each one eats into the space of the seat next to it so sold them and got 3 x Diono.

Regarding the safety of LATCHing a car seat to the 8th seat, having been down under the seats looking for a place to attach the rear tether I can tell you that that seat is VERY solidly attached to the car. The salesmen must be thinking of a different model because the Pacifica 8th seat is solid and clearly designed for a child seat.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-01-2016, 02:39 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andywrx View Post
In Short, I have three Diono RXT and they fit three on the 2nd row easily
If you had just one of the Diono seats in the middle position in the 2nd row, would you still be able to tilt forward both of the two outboard 2nd row seats to access the 3rd row? Does the Diono overlap the outboard seats at all?

2017 Pacifica Limited - Molten Silver/Mocha
8 Pax - Vac - SafetyTec - UConnect Theater & Sound
20" Wheels - Tow - KeySense - Splash Guards

2018 Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV GT
post #13 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-04-2016, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by generaltso View Post
If you had just one of the Diono seats in the middle position in the 2nd row, would you still be able to tilt forward both of the two outboard 2nd row seats to access the 3rd row? Does the Diono overlap the outboard seats at all?
Delayed response because I wanted to try this for myself. The answer is no, the REAR facing Diono in the middle seat does not allow for the outboard seat to pull forward.

The plastic hardware on the side of the seat that houses the folding mechanism comes up and hits the side of the Diono. I am very surprised by this because you can fit three seats next to each other but it seems the outboard chair is wider atthe point at which it folds.

It is strange that you can stow the seat but not pull it forward, it is all to do with the motion of the widest part of the chair, in the stow n go it goes down below the child seat whereas when you tilt the seat forward the wide bit of the seat comes up and forward and knocks into the frame of the child seat.

It MAY work if the middle seat is forward facing but I could not be sure.

Hope that helps
Bond007 likes this.

post #14 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-05-2016, 02:35 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Thanks for giving that a try. I guess the Britax will have to sit in one of the outboard seats until we're ready to move to a booster.

2017 Pacifica Limited - Molten Silver/Mocha
8 Pax - Vac - SafetyTec - UConnect Theater & Sound
20" Wheels - Tow - KeySense - Splash Guards

2018 Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV GT
post #15 of 22 (permalink) Old 03-23-2017, 05:24 PM

Garage
I just tried this as well. it overlaps. My seats are 19 inch wide though. 17s should be ok.

Father of thing 1, thing 2, thing 3, thing 4 is getting a minivan.
2017 Chrysler Pacifica Touring L Plus with Tow, Advance Safety, 8 passenger, Tire/wheel, and Nav.
*Ordered 1FEB and delivered 20MAR2017

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #16 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-08-2018, 12:16 AM

We got the Chicco Key Fit and were able to fit 3 across in the 2nd row easily.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
SciTchr and Bond007 like this.
post #17 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-08-2018, 08:05 PM

Child Seat in 2nd Row Middle?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tia3 View Post
We got the Chicco Key Fit and were able to fit 3 across in the 2nd row easily.

What we would like to know is whether you can tilt both outboard seats forwards while the chicco is in the middle....?

I have a Graco infant seat which fits into a base in the middle. It’s a squeeze to tilt both outboard seats forwards when the infant seat is placed but it can be done. I generally tilt one seat at a time so that the infant seat has some wiggle room (and it wouldn’t damage my leather seats).

2018 Gas Pacifica Limited, Jazz blue with Alloy interior
8 Seater, Uconnect theater HK sound, Trailer tow package.

Last edited by Bond007; 05-08-2018 at 08:10 PM.
post #18 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-08-2018, 10:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bond007 View Post
What we would like to know is whether you can tilt both outboard seats forwards while the chicco is in the middle....?

I have a Graco infant seat which fits into a base in the middle. It’s a squeeze to tilt both outboard seats forwards when the infant seat is placed but it can be done. I generally tilt one seat at a time so that the infant seat has some wiggle room (and it wouldn’t damage my leather seats).

Are your rear facing in the middle in the 8th or FF? All of our seats are out now. But when I put them back tomorrow, I could tell you how the outboard captain seats fold forward when the 8th seats. But the MyFit is forward only so...

post #19 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-09-2018, 11:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tia3 View Post
Are your rear facing in the middle in the 8th or FF? All of our seats are out now. But when I put them back tomorrow, I could tell you how the outboard captain seats fold forward when the 8th seats. But the MyFit is forward only so...

The car seat in the 2nd row middle seat (8th) I'm talking about is an infant car seat which by definition is rear facing only. But it can be detached from its base and taken out easily and when replaced, snaps back into the base. I'm sure you must have been through it several times with your three kids.
Tia3 likes this.

2018 Gas Pacifica Limited, Jazz blue with Alloy interior
8 Seater, Uconnect theater HK sound, Trailer tow package.
post #20 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-10-2018, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bond007 View Post
The car seat in the 2nd row middle seat (8th) I'm talking about is an infant car seat which by definition is rear facing only. But it can be detached from its base and taken out easily and when replaced, snaps back into the base. I'm sure you must have been through it several times with your three kids.

Yup! And you can still tilt the seats to access the back without difficulty. I LOVE the 8th seat and flexibility the Pacifica offers. During the winter we’re thinking about stowing a seat and putting a kid in the third row.

Bond007 likes this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in