How to disable 3rd row seat adjustment button which is in reach of carseat kiddos? - 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums
 3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-18-2017, 04:53 PM Thread Starter

Question How to disable 3rd row seat adjustment button which is in reach of carseat kiddos?

Is there a way to disable 3rd row seat adjustment button? We have curious children in car seats in 3rd row who are able to render their car seats less safe by playing with this button. Thank you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-19-2017, 07:35 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by nooga View Post
Is there a way to disable 3rd row seat adjustment button? We have curious children in car seats in 3rd row who are able to render their car seats less safe by playing with this button. Thank you.
I took a group of Teens to a charity event the other day and someone in the 3rd Row was playing with the buttons. I was also thinking of how to disable or cover these buttons. I don't know of any Setting that will accomplish this, but I think I could find a plastic or rubberized storage container lid and some Velcro that may allow me to cover the buttons without a noticeable curiosity.

2017 Pacifica Limited
Red, Fully Loaded 8-Passenger
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-19-2017, 09:10 AM

Is there a fuse that is tied to those switches? That might be an decent approach to “deactivate” it.

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-19-2017, 09:35 AM

As a last resort try popping out the switch panel with a plastic pry tool and disconnect the electrical connector. When the kids get older reconnect it.

Brett
2017 Gas Pacifica Limited, Vel Red/Black/Alloy
Tow, Vac, Adv SafetyTec, UConnect Theater, 18" Wheels
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-08-2018, 03:40 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrettP View Post
As a last resort try popping out the switch panel with a plastic pry tool and disconnect the electrical connector. When the kids get older reconnect it.
Did anyone try this?

2017 Chrysler Pacifica Limited - Bright White w/ Alloy Nappa Leather Seats
Advanced SafetyTech, Tri-Pane Sunroof w/ Captain Chairs (7 passenger), 20" Aluminum Wheels, "13 Speaker" Alpine Sound System,
MOPAR All-Weather Slush Floor Mats, Rayno Phantom S9/Air7090 Window Tint
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-31-2018, 09:09 PM

I was thinking of prying our that panel and disconnecting that switch as well. My daughter whose car seat is back there also messes with that button. She seems to have stopped messing with it though so we will see.

2017 Cadillac ATS 3.6 awd Premium, Phantom Gray, Carbon Black package, Recaros
2017 Pacifica Limited, bright white, black/deep mocha, AST, blu-ray, 20” wheels, HK audio
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-03-2018, 08:09 PM

So I ended up doing this today because my daughter yet again moved the seat. It was as simple as I had imagined. Used my plastic interior pry tool and the panel popped right out. Simple connector to undo and put it back in....done.
BrettP likes this.

2017 Cadillac ATS 3.6 awd Premium, Phantom Gray, Carbon Black package, Recaros
2017 Pacifica Limited, bright white, black/deep mocha, AST, blu-ray, 20” wheels, HK audio
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-05-2018, 05:00 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTS97Z28 View Post
So I ended up doing this today because my daughter yet again moved the seat. It was as simple as I had imagined. Used my plastic interior pry tool and the panel popped right out. Simple connector to undo and put it back in....done.
Is that plastic interior pry tool something that came with the Pacifica?
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-06-2018, 03:26 PM

Wonder if you can put a simple remote kill-switch into the power supply for the switch to disable it and enable it easily without having to remove it. It would involve a wiring modification though and I'm not certain how that thing is wired up.

2018 Pacifica Hybrid - In Canada Eh!
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-06-2018, 05:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nooga View Post
Is that plastic interior pry tool something that came with the Pacifica?
The tool didn't come with the van. You might be able to get an individual plastic pry tool at an auto parts store or someone else suggested putting tape over a flat blade screwdriver.

Someone referred to this kit from Amazon previously - Trim and Panel Removal Tools , 14Pcs Auto Upholstery Fastener Tools Clip Plier Set Fastener Remover for Automotive , Marine , and Aircraft.

2017 Pacifica Touring L (gas) - Sept. 2016 build

Tags
carseat , thirdrow

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page