info/advice on the 8th seat option - Page 2 - 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums
 10Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 39 (permalink) Old 09-08-2016, 07:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redltd View Post
I cannot understand your issues. Did you not read the specs of the vehicle you bought? How was the sunroof "taken away"?
Also, when was the last time your insurance company asked the size of your wheels? My 20" wheels are fitted with a keyed lug nut on each wheel, make stealing considerably more difficult, and the ride is considerably better that the four previous Dodge minivans I have owned, and the larger tire will get a better life due to the greater circumference. So don't believe all you read on-line.

Tony
Chrysler stole it, Tony, by designing a sunroof that was incompatible with the 8th seat.

Anybody who goes around with a tire iron planning to steal tires has the key to my "security" lugs. There's this thing called the internet these days. They let anyone use it and they sell everything, including these lug keys.

That stuff about Dodge caravans is useless nonsense. Such nonsense.

I don't believe everything I read on the internet. For example, I don't believe any of that garbage you posted. So that's something.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 39 (permalink) Old 09-08-2016, 09:06 PM

I was wondering if we made the wrong choice going with the 8 passenger, but after two trips now with maxed out capacity, I'm confident we made the right call. Anyway, sunroofs leak and add heat I. The summertime to the cabin, so I'm not regretting not having one.
BrettP likes this.
post #13 of 39 (permalink) Old 09-08-2016, 10:43 PM

8 seats

Mine is the eight seater only because it was on the lot and we wanted the granite color. I really prefered the 2 bucket seats in the back but I can live with the eight seater.probably will never use them as we never have over 6 people in the van.Only reason we got the van is it is very handy for me and the wife to get in as we are older.First van was a 93 olds.The only other truck we had was a2008 acadia which we loved but to hard for me and the wife to get in with larger tires on.The rest have been all vans.And I do love my pacific.It is a touring l plus with a lot of options.
Gohawks1224 likes this.

post #14 of 39 (permalink) Old 09-09-2016, 04:02 PM

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by builttwospill View Post
Chrysler stole it, Tony, by designing a sunroof that was incompatible with the 8th seat.

Anybody who goes around with a tire iron planning to steal tires has the key to my "security" lugs. There's this thing called the internet these days. They let anyone use it and they sell everything, including these lug keys.

That stuff about Dodge caravans is useless nonsense. Such nonsense.

I don't believe everything I read on the internet. For example, I don't believe any of that garbage you posted. So that's something.
Have a nice day
Gohawks1224 likes this.

Limited. Vel. Red/Alloy
Vac removed/Spare added
7seats/Full sunroof
Reg. Uconnect 8.4
20" wheels with Falken ZIEX tyres
post #15 of 39 (permalink) Old 09-09-2016, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsuter View Post
I was wondering if we made the wrong choice going with the 8 passenger, but after two trips now with maxed out capacity, I'm confident we made the right call. Anyway, sunroofs leak and add heat I. The summertime to the cabin, so I'm not regretting not having one.
Sunroofs leak? I have owned numerous cars with sunroofs and not once did one ever leak, nor have I ever heard anyone tell me they had a sunroof that leaked.
Gohawks1224 likes this.

Damon
1985 Dodge Caravan LE cream w/wood
1985 Dodge Caravan LE mink brown w/wood
2011 Chrysler Town & Country
2017 Chrysler Pacifica Limited in Tusk White
several other cars

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #16 of 39 (permalink) Old 09-09-2016, 09:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damoncaravanman View Post
Sunroofs leak? I have owned numerous cars with sunroofs and not once did one ever leak, nor have I ever heard anyone tell me they had a sunroof that leaked.
I'm talking about different vehicles, specifically the first year Audi Q7s were notorious for panoramic sunroof leaks, but that's apples and oranges. But it was enough to make it a non necessity for me. For those in particular, when my wife and I test drove pano roof Q7s, the cabin retained way too much heat, but again, apples and oranges, but it tainted the idea of a big piece of glass over my head. And no matter the brand, you do need to take care to keep the drain holes cleaned out and the tracks greased when performing other maintenance. It's just one more thing I don't need to worry about on our Pacifica, and no matter anyway beacause we wanted the 8 passenger seating anyway. There's always trade offs, nothing's perfect.
post #17 of 39 (permalink) Old 09-09-2016, 10:25 PM

Had a ford flex with a tri pain roof and at first thought the same, it was fine, heat i am talking about......now the Pacifica has a larger 1 piece roof compared to the flex......and then the actual moving portion. I keep going back to I live in tornado country, hail country.....it will be garaged and I also park in the garage at work......I really went back and fourth, but it is what it is and it was to be built this week.

Damon
several other cars

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #18 of 39 (permalink) Old 09-10-2016, 08:28 PM

I think as with everything option, it boils down to personal preferences. I have to confess I love sunroofs - the bigger the better, I even love more so convertibles. The sunroof's give me the illusion of a bigger space, I can breathe easily and I can enjoy the surroundings so much more with a big pano roof on top. The cabin becomes like a living oasis for me and I travelling through it. I dont believe there is any extra upkeep with a sunroof. But regardless whether you get a sunroof or not, enjoy your pacifica.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsuter View Post
I'm talking about different vehicles, specifically the first year Audi Q7s were notorious for panoramic sunroof leaks, but that's apples and oranges. But it was enough to make it a non necessity for me. For those in particular, when my wife and I test drove pano roof Q7s, the cabin retained way too much heat, but again, apples and oranges, but it tainted the idea of a big piece of glass over my head. And no matter the brand, you do need to take care to keep the drain holes cleaned out and the tracks greased when performing other maintenance. It's just one more thing I don't need to worry about on our Pacifica, and no matter anyway beacause we wanted the 8 passenger seating anyway. There's always trade offs, nothing's perfect.
post #19 of 39 (permalink) Old 03-05-2017, 12:25 AM

Sorry to resurrect an old thread but it had some useful info for me.

Debating between the tri-pane sunroof or the 8th seat.

If you have the 8th seat, does it change the style of the other seats in the 2nd row?

We have narrow car seats (fit three across in our sedan). Does the rear row have three seat belts (I am assuming yes since it's advertised as 7 passenger)? What are the chances of getting two car narrow car seats and having a small adult between them for short trips?

Thanks!
post #20 of 39 (permalink) Old 03-05-2017, 02:04 AM

The eighth seat option is another seat with belts, hence why no sun roof as it has the anchor on the roof. As far as the outter two mid row seats, the only diff is that you don't have the inner arm rests as the eighth seat takes up all the space between the two seats. Pacificas are out now, so I would suggest looking at your local lots for one with the eighth seat option and take the car seats.

Damon
several other cars

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page