info/advice on the 8th seat option - Page 4 - 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums
 10Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #31 of 39 (permalink) Old 06-10-2017, 08:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmormile View Post
The eighth seat folded becomes like a living room table w/ cup holders.
You get a ton of leg room in the back and lots of noise (talking chatter) separation between the 1st and 3rd row....
In short, the 8th seat gives more passenger and configuration options..... I like it.
My family prefers "limo mode" too. Perhaps Chrysler will make that a future option for people who don't need an 8th seat but would like a sun roof AND prefer to still have some extra floor attachments for, as you said, a table or a second Chrysler console that actually lives up to the name "Super Console" (small drink cooler, please!).
MajikMojo likes this.

Brett
2017 Gas Pacifica Limited, Vel Red/Black/Alloy
Tow, Vac, Adv SafetyTec, UConnect Theater, 18" Wheels

Last edited by BrettP; 06-10-2017 at 08:18 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 39 (permalink) Old 06-10-2017, 03:46 PM

Why didn't they put the middle seat shoulder anchor into the seat like other vans so that you can still have the sunroof?
Gohawks1224 and MajikMojo like this.
post #33 of 39 (permalink) Old 06-11-2017, 06:49 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by daddy-o View Post
I've narrowed down my search for a new Pacifica to the Limited trim. I am considering getting one with the 8th seat (no sunroof due to seatbelt placement). My question is how useful is the 8th seat for seating teens and adults? We also have a Toyota Camry and my kids fit fine in the back seat. Although we are a family of 5 I like the versatility of being able to take 8 adults. Is this realistic with that as the 8th seat? Also how well do 3 adults fit in the back seat? Thanks in advance for any advice.
I too wanted a sunroof as I had one for the last 8 years, however, I like the idea of having the 8th seat for flexibility as well as a place for the kids sitting outboard in second row to put their drinks instead of down on the floor (on the center stack). There is also a pocket there for "stuff" and doubles as an arm rest. Getting in the third row is so easy, there is no need to use that center passage way!

Father of thing 1, thing 2, thing 3, thing 4 is getting a minivan.
2017 Chrysler Pacifica Touring L Plus with Tow, Advance Safety, 8 passenger, Tire/wheel, and Nav.
*Ordered 1FEB and delivered 20MAR2017

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #34 of 39 (permalink) Old 06-11-2017, 06:49 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by OCPacifica View Post
Why didn't they put the middle seat shoulder anchor into the seat like other vans so that you can still have the sunroof?
I would have liked to have a sunroof over the front row only option!

It comes down to cost because now, you have to have three different trim designs for the roof instead of two.

Father of thing 1, thing 2, thing 3, thing 4 is getting a minivan.
2017 Chrysler Pacifica Touring L Plus with Tow, Advance Safety, 8 passenger, Tire/wheel, and Nav.
*Ordered 1FEB and delivered 20MAR2017

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #35 of 39 (permalink) Old 08-29-2017, 07:07 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmormile View Post
I have the Limited w/ the 8th seat and I like it.

One configuration I just tried was to stow the 2 second row seats and keep the eight seat folded, it turns the Pacifica into a limo with the 3rd row up.

The eighth seat folded becomes like a living room table w/ cup holders.

You get a ton of leg room in the back and lots of noise (talking chatter) separation between the 1st and 3rd row....

In short, the 8th seat gives more passenger and configuration options..... I like it.
I LOVE the idea of turning the 8th seat into the "living room coffee table." We don't have our van yet, but my two kids (2 and 5) are insisting they will always want to sit in the 3rd row with the middle seats down. I assumed I'd be taking out the 8th seat to stow the second row, but this idea is way better!

2018 Touring L
Granite, 8-pass, Advanced SafetyTec, Spare Tire, 13-Speaker Alpine Sound Group (includes Uconnect4 8.4), power passenger seat
post #36 of 39 (permalink) Old 08-29-2017, 09:49 PM

So here's what I'm pretty sure is a dumb question. My wife and I are split on the sunroof vs 8th seat question. Our sales person, trying to help resolve it, proposed going with the 8 seats and having his aftermarket "guy" put in a regular sunroof (not panorama), which he says never leaks. This seems like a bad idea - and I'm the pro-sunroof spouse - but does anyone have a different view, or even better experience with this? Thanks in advance.
post #37 of 39 (permalink) Old 08-30-2017, 08:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beancounter311 View Post
I LOVE the idea of turning the 8th seat into the "living room coffee table." We don't have our van yet, but my two kids (2 and 5) are insisting they will always want to sit in the 3rd row with the middle seats down. I assumed I'd be taking out the 8th seat to stow the second row, but this idea is way better!
Note that if your kids are strapped into car seats, they're not going to be able to reach the 8th seat. It might just get in the way. When folded, the center seat is just two cup holders and a small cubby for loose items. If you regularly carry older kids or adult passengers in the second row, those cup holders might be nice to have, just so people don't have to reach to the cup holders in the doors or center console. But if your intention is to stow the second row seats, I can't see the benefit of keeping the middle one in place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pacdw View Post
So here's what I'm pretty sure is a dumb question. My wife and I are split on the sunroof vs 8th seat question. Our sales person, trying to help resolve it, proposed going with the 8 seats and having his aftermarket "guy" put in a regular sunroof (not panorama), which he says never leaks. This seems like a bad idea - and I'm the pro-sunroof spouse - but does anyone have a different view, or even better experience with this? Thanks in advance.
I agree with you, bad idea to cut a hole in a brand new car. I think all sunroofs have the potential to leak, but the factory ones should have drainage so water doesn't get into the cabin or stain the roof liner. Also, if you decide to sell it or trade it in, I think the aftermarket sunroof is likely to kill resale value.
post #38 of 39 (permalink) Old 08-30-2017, 08:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pacdw View Post
When I was ready to order my 17 Pacifica, I wanted the loaded every option Limited......I never use the rear seats in any of my Chrysler vans, so I thought it was so cool to get the 8th seat option so I would have a 3 person "bench" just in case.....I also wanted the pano roof ...... I tried to get my guy at Chrysler to add that 8th seat and leave the sunroof, but can't cause of the **** latch in the roof. So, the sunroof / pano roof won out. I am better with that now as having 3 adults (we have no kids, but take the vans when we go out with neighbors) in that middle seat would not have been good. It is really for the kiddos that are small. I really think that people who get the middle 8th seat just need it cause they have 5 or 6 kids.

Damon
1985 Dodge Caravan LE cream w/wood
1985 Dodge Caravan LE mink brown w/wood
2011 Chrysler Town & Country
2017 Chrysler Pacifica Limited in Tusk White
several other cars

post #39 of 39 (permalink) Old 03-29-2019, 10:51 PM

do kids not enjoy the sunroof? I have three under three right now with the youngest being 3 months. we are saving up right now for a pacifica. i am debating the 8 seater vs sunroof. my thing is that my youngest have to be rear facing for 2 more years so i thought they would go well in the middle drivers side captains chair and middle extra 8th seat and then put my oldest forward facing in the back row. this with the passenger captains seat folded into the floor. any advice or what works for you guys? seating arrangement suggestions?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page