Remove headrests 2nd row - Page 3 - 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums
 25Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 80 (permalink) Old 01-16-2017, 03:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by generaltso View Post
Just make sure they're secured well enough that they won't go flying if there's a collision.
Yeah, the second row headrests do not have multiple lock points. They only lock in the fully inserted position. As a (very part time) Auxiliary Police Officer of over 13 years I have been on more accident scenes than I would like to remember where unsecured objects became harmful projectiles. I have been storing my removed second row headrests in the Stow and Go bins. The forces involved with a collision are staggering.

Last edited by tsax6010; 01-16-2017 at 04:06 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 80 (permalink) Old 01-17-2017, 08:55 AM

I removed the lock ring but not the cable as pictured in post 1 picture 2. Therefore they go up and down but don't come out.
post #23 of 80 (permalink) Old 01-17-2017, 09:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by billspreston01 View Post
I removed the lock ring but not the cable as pictured in post 1 picture 2. Therefore they go up and down but don't come out.
Use your own judgement I suppose, but in my opinion the plastic cable connector is not designed to hold the headrest in place under the forces that can be experienced during a collision - especially a major one. The headrest posts present a significant impaling threat if it becomes a projectile during a collision - Newton's second and third laws of physics being what they are and all...

post #24 of 80 (permalink) Old 01-19-2017, 05:25 PM

Using a Britax car seat behind the driver and the headrest really pushes the car seat forward. I removed the snap connectors and the car seat fits much better but now the tilt forward function does not work.

Any idea why anyone?
post #25 of 80 (permalink) Old 01-19-2017, 06:59 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuart View Post
Using a Britax car seat behind the driver and the headrest really pushes the car seat forward. I removed the snap connectors and the car seat fits much better but now the tilt forward function does not work.

Any idea why anyone?
I was able to get a Britax in a good position by reclining the seat a little bit. I didn't have to remove the headrest at all.

2017 Pacifica Limited - Molten Silver/Mocha
8 Pax - Vac - SafetyTec - UConnect Theater & Sound
20" Wheels - Tow - KeySense - Splash Guards

2018 Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV GT
post #26 of 80 (permalink) Old 01-19-2017, 07:59 PM

Ah. I should have tried that first but it didn't occur to me.

Ideally the seat would have headrest removed as I will eventually have all three fwd facing seats on second row but the passenger side ones need to tilt and now it doesn't.

I will check the tension but of the two cables that are visible, which one would you disconnect if you are looking at driver side second row seat?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #27 of 80 (permalink) Old 01-19-2017, 08:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuart View Post
Ah. I should have tried that first but it didn't occur to me.

Ideally the seat would have headrest removed as I will eventually have all three fwd facing seats on second row but the passenger side ones need to tilt and now it doesn't.

I will check the tension but of the two cables that are visible, which one would you disconnect if you are looking at driver side second row seat?

Mine was the cable on the left side. If you start to lift out the headrest the attached cable is connected to the right side post and will pull taunt such that the headrest cannot be removed without opening the plastic coupling to separate the cable.
post #28 of 80 (permalink) Old 01-19-2017, 08:18 PM

Ah, thanks. I undid both and think I need more tension in the right hand side now.

Doh!

Thanks!

post #29 of 80 (permalink) Old 01-20-2017, 10:57 AM Thread Starter

[QUOTE=stuart;87817]Ah, thanks. I undid both and think I need more tension in the right hand side now.

Doh!

Thanks

Yeah, there is only one cable to release to pull out the headrests. The other cable is probably the tilt release cable, that should fix your issue. And I second the total removal of the headrests, I wouldn't want them hanging on by the release cable, not a good idea. Mine are keeping the carpet floor mats company in my garage.
post #30 of 80 (permalink) Old 02-15-2017, 04:31 PM

Just to be sure are the 2nd row headrests not even adjustable??
I tried moving them and they barely move up and down maybe one click or so. Is that how it is supposed to be??

2017 Red Velvet Pacifica Limited

Uconnect Theater and Sound Group
Tire and Wheel Group
Advance Safety Tech Group
KeySense

Embrace the Speed!!!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page