Questions about the Eighth Seat - 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums
 2Likes
  • 1 Post By kylet13
  • 1 Post By generaltso

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-22-2016, 04:50 PM Thread Starter

Questions about the Eighth Seat

1. Does the 8th seat hold a regular child car seat?

2. If I decide not to get the 8th seat when I purchase, can I go back at any time if I change my mind and buy the 8th seat separately to add in? This assumes it was an available option in the first place. I'm just not sure if they have to make any modifications to the vehicle when that option is selected.

2019 Chrysler Pacifica Hybrid Limited
Billet Silver/Alloy
Advanced SafetyTec

2017 Chevy Volt LT
Best Single-Charge EV Range (no gas): 76 miles
Current MPGe: 108
Current Miles: 40,000+
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-22-2016, 05:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by snorth View Post
The 8th seat does have LATCH anchors, so yes it technically does hold a seat. Having said that, the 8th seat is pretty narrow, so if it were me, I'd double check by taking the child seat to the dealership and making sure it fits properly.

Quote:
2. If I decide not to get the 8th seat when I purchase, can I go back at any time if I change my mind and buy the 8th seat separately to add in? This assumes it was an available option in the first place. I'm just not sure if they have to make any modifications to the vehicle when that option is selected.
The 8th seat changes the carpeting, floor hardware to attach the seat, and adds the seat belt harware to the ceiling. I was told that the 8th seat was not something that could be added later, and based on what I see in my vehicle, I believe that's accurate.

Kyle
migs likes this.

2017 Pacifica Touring L-Plus Built Oct 24
Jazz Blue with Cognac / Alloy / Toffee interior
Advanced Tech, Tow Package, 18" Wheels, 8 Seats
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-22-2016, 07:15 PM
Super Moderator

Correct. The 8th seat cannot be added later.
migs likes this.

2017 Pacifica Limited - Molten Silver/Mocha
8 Pax - Vac - SafetyTec - UConnect Theater & Sound
20" Wheels - Tow - KeySense - Splash Guards

2018 Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV GT

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-22-2016, 10:48 PM

The 8th seat should hold a regular child seat fine. We have three child seats across, the two outboard seats have the front facing seats and the middle holds the infant click in seat. We can still pull the outboard seats up to access the rear seat with all three seats in place.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-22-2016, 11:32 PM

I could not put my car seat in the middle, because it was blocking BOTH sides from pivoting forward for easy entry into the third row. We had to put it on the driver's side so the kids could pivot the passenger side forward. We may have to upgrade our car seat to something with a narrower base for more flexibility.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-23-2016, 08:34 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsuter View Post
We can still pull the outboard seats up to access the rear seat with all three seats in place.
Which model of car seat do use in the middle seat?

2017 Pacifica Limited - Molten Silver/Mocha
8 Pax - Vac - SafetyTec - UConnect Theater & Sound
20" Wheels - Tow - KeySense - Splash Guards

2018 Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV GT
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-22-2017, 03:06 PM

Quote:

I asked about adding it later at the dealership. It is a factory only installed option. Seat is small and weighs about 55 pounds aprox. easily stow-able in the rear cargo area. If you didn't get it you can see where the floor has a spot to put it. But the problem is the seat belt. Which is why it can not be added later on. The shoulder strap on the 8th seat needs to be fixed to a the roof. similar to the way it is in the 3rd row. Also 8th row seating eliminates the moon roof option, once again for the seat belt reason. It's a rather inexpensive option, but they seem to be rare to find one with it, unless you specifically order it.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page