car seat protectors - Page 3 - 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums
 7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 53 (permalink) Old 02-10-2017, 11:38 AM

We have 2 Diono Radian RXTs (1 rear and 1 front facing) and swapped out our Price Lionheart protectors for Diono's own Ultra Mat when we got our last van. There was nothing particularly *wrong* with the Prince Lionheart protectors but they were too stiff for our liking which in my opinion made it harder for me to get the seats installed to where they felt stable. Diono told us that they perform crash testing with their mats in place and certifies the combo. We took the mats out of our 3 year old T&C to transfer everything to our Pacifica and the seats were in perfect shape.

https://us.diono.com/product/ultra-mat/
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 53 (permalink) Old 04-18-2017, 06:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoPacifica View Post
Does anyone just use towels under their seats? We currently do that but I wouldn't be opposed to something more stylish. I am worried about the rubber residue if that is a thing, since our cars heat up to who knows how much when it's 115 outside. These are on sale today on amazon.. https://www.amazon.com/Summer-Infant...%2BDuoMat&th=1
Yeah I am using towels for now but I just decided to buy the Brica Seat cover.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoPacifica View Post
people will do the darndest things
Yeah I saw buying 2 at once was way more than buying 1 x 2.. so I just purchased 2 separate single purchases...LOL

2017 Red Velvet Pacifica Limited

Uconnect Theater and Sound Group
Tire and Wheel Group
Advance Safety Tech Group
KeySense

Embrace the Speed!!!
post #23 of 53 (permalink) Old 04-19-2017, 11:53 AM

I have the Brica seat protector too. When the older kids used car seats, I had the Prince Lionheart ones and man were those things pricey! Glad they got some competition.

2017 Billet/Alloy Limited - UConnect Theater/Sound, 20 inch Wheels, Safety Tec

Previously:
2001 Ody EX
2004 Ody EX NAV
2006 Ody Touring RES NAV
2009 Ody Touring RES NAV
2011 Ody Elite
2014 Ody Elite

post #24 of 53 (permalink) Old 04-21-2017, 02:10 AM

What I need is a seat protector for the seat next to the car seat. My daughter climbs into her rear facing Diono by standing on the seat next to it and kicks that seat back while sitting in the car seat.
post #25 of 53 (permalink) Old 04-21-2017, 09:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JosephC View Post
I have Royal Oxford Luxury car seat protector. They are ultra durable and made of PVC leather. It also has advanced transparent anti-slip PVC dots to extra grip to keep the mat securely in a place.
Just purchased these since they don't have the rubber that people complain about leaving marks. Fingers crossed.
post #26 of 53 (permalink) Old 04-21-2017, 10:24 AM

I have the Brica seat protector too and they work pretty well. I believe the rubber under is needed for the grip. I put a cloth towel under that in case it is going to leave any marks. I have it on the beige seat without the towel and I haven't seen any marks.
post #27 of 53 (permalink) Old 05-08-2017, 06:17 PM

None of these are crash tested unless specifically listed in the manual, mostly meaning the brand that matches the seat. Our car insurance voids coverage if there's an accident with injury and a 3rd party item is used. Most do they just don't tell you. You really don't need them. Seats are made flat now so people stopped using these.
post #28 of 53 (permalink) Old 05-10-2017, 10:49 PM

Old thread but don't want to make up a new one.

Does anyone know if there is a company that makes a seat cover that splits 60/40 for the rear bench, AND covers the floor when the seats are down. I'd assume it would be pretty complicated to make all that work with the seats folding into the floor the way they do.
post #29 of 53 (permalink) Old 05-17-2017, 02:55 AM

So got my son a milkshake the other day. The shop still uses styrofoam. Well on the way home he starts yelling, I look back and the dude put his thumb through the side of the cup and the shake was pouring out all over him. I thought I got it mostly cleaned up but knew I'd need to take his seat apart to wash it.

Well I get around to it that evening and thank god for the seat protector because the shake oozed through the car seat and was pooled on the protector. Without it it would have been all into the perforated seats. Phew!
konnerbllb and Bluesfox like this.
post #30 of 53 (permalink) Old 05-17-2017, 07:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gb1728 View Post
So got my son a milkshake the other day. The shop still uses styrofoam. Well on the way home he starts yelling, I look back and the dude put his thumb through the side of the cup and the shake was pouring out all over him. I thought I got it mostly cleaned up but knew I'd need to take his seat apart to wash it.

Well I get around to it that evening and thank god for the seat protector because the shake oozed through the car seat and was pooled on the protector. Without it it would have been all into the perforated seats. Phew!
Lol. Can completely relate. This is the type of product where you almost need to go through some "spills boot camp" to realize how handy (and stress relieving) it can potentially be.

Btw, the royal oxford cover is holding up simply fine, no slippage.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page