Extended Warranty Worth It? - Page 22 - 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums
 37Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #211 of 220 (permalink) Old 04-10-2018, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by truckin-on View Post
If you trade it in, I believe you can also get a partial refund on the unused portion of the warranty. Not sure how that works, if at all, for the lifetime version.
I bought the lifetime warranty because I typically keep cars more than 8 years (the longest year-based warranty), and I've found that most of my repairs cropped up after I hit 10 years. If I keep the car less than 8 years, I can get a refund on the difference in the cost of the lifetime warranty versus the one for the number of years I had it.

2017 Jazz Blue Pacifica Hybrid Platinum
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #212 of 220 (permalink) Old 04-23-2018, 04:28 PM

Garage
Hi, everyone! New member here. I am so glad to find this thread. So much useful information. I didn't originally purchase a service contract with my Limited but having had it at the dealers already for 3 days within two weeks from purchasing it for an issue with stowing one of the seats, I think I am definitely going to need it!! I am going to purchase the extended warranty before I reach the 12 months mark. Thank you for sharing your knowledge and experiences.
post #213 of 220 (permalink) Old 05-11-2018, 02:00 PM

Hi, did any of you fold know the "ELITE" Extended warranty offer by some Chrysler Pacifica Dealer ? Is it a direct Chrysler backed plan or third party warranty ? They offer $100 deductible for Bumper to Bumper. 7 year 60K miles. Cost $1400

Thanks for reply

post #214 of 220 (permalink) Old 05-11-2018, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike View Post
We got the one offered by the dealer when we bought it. It's part of their pitch.
What is the Company name under that warranty ?
My previous Town N Country, it is " Chrysler "
Recently, I buy a Touring L and Dealer sell me the extended warranty the company name is "ELITE"
Does any one know if this is a third party warranty ?
Thanks
post #215 of 220 (permalink) Old 05-11-2018, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bennyk View Post
What is the Company name under that warranty ?
My previous Town N Country, it is " Chrysler "
Recently, I buy a Touring L and Dealer sell me the extended warranty the company name is "ELITE"
Does any one know if this is a third party warranty ?
Thanks

Based on a google search it is a third party warranty.
https://www.elitewarrantyinc.com/home/about

2017 Pacifica Limited (built May 2016)
Vacuum delete, KeySense and Tow
post #216 of 220 (permalink) Old 08-24-2018, 11:03 AM

I apologize if this is explained in the lst 5 pages. I didn't get through all 22 pages.

I contacted tomwinkels at hayescars.com like was suggested. He said the hybrid DOES qualify for the lifetime plan.

He sent me a pdf titled, "MVP lifetime coverage for pacifica hybrid", that states, "Plan Will Not Cover
Battery and cables, any battery for a component, spark plugs and wires, lights (bulb, sealed beams, lenses), suspension alignment, wheel balancing, wiper blades, exhaust system components, heat shields and exhaust hangers;throttle body cleaning; evaporator deodorizing; carbon cleaning;
High voltage battery is not covered at any time (regardless of cause of failure);
Repairs or replacement to components covered by the Hybrid System Limited Warranty (refer to Warranty booklet for details);"

What does, "Repairs or replacement to components covered by the Hybrid System Limited Warranty (refer to Warranty booklet for details)" mean? Is this the 10 year 100,000 mile hybrid battery warranty?

Can anybody tell me what the warranty is on the hybrid system components for a new 2019 hybrid?
post #217 of 220 (permalink) Old 08-27-2018, 07:31 AM

We bought our Pacifica used through our local Car Max, and purchased a Max Care extended warranty, partly due to some of the reading I've done on here, and partly due to Doug DeMuro's series of videos about buying a Ranger Rover from CarMax and taking full advantage of Max Care. These vans are rather complex, and it sounds like they have their share of glitches. Seemed like the prudent thing to do.
post #218 of 220 (permalink) Old 03-23-2019, 09:53 AM

Garage
Still debating on the extended warranty...What would Dave do?
PacDave likes this.

2017 Pacifica
Touring L
Billet Silver
Package 27L
mfr. 5-17
post #219 of 220 (permalink) Old 03-31-2019, 08:52 AM

Geico mechanical coverage breakdown insurance

On my last two cars I've been purchasing the Geico mechanical coverage breakdown insurance cost about $30 for 6 months with a 250 deductible however you have to buy it within 15 months and fifteen thousand miles of buying a new car so you will have duplicate coverage for a short time. it also includes towing and rental car coverage. And It can be renewed up to a hundred thousand miles and at least in Texas with no limitation on years.Of course it is not transferable to the next owner but for $60 a year I believe it's a deal hard to beat.

@019 Pacifica Touring L Advanced Safety Tech Group, S Appearance Package, Premium Audio Group, Key Sense, Uconnect 4C NAV w/ 8.4 " Display and Jazz Blue
post #220 of 220 (permalink) Old 04-08-2019, 08:19 PM

lurking member here who is very thankful for all the info i have gleaned and used at the dealership with our new (used) 2018 Touring Plus.

Been trying to find some extended warranty info for Canadians... I just chatted with Zeigler and as as result I have to ask: any Canadians have any luck with Extended Warranty plans?

Zeigler said they cannot offer plans to any vehicle registered in Canada, even if I have a US address...which I thought would suffice as colleagues have purchased warranties for their Canadian Ford trucks in the US using a US address...

Wondering if there is any other options you may have found as Canadian Pricing is painful for my 2018 Touring Plus with 21000kms we just picked up.

Thanks in advance

Last edited by Trazor; 04-08-2019 at 08:22 PM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page