Extended Warranty Worth It? - Page 23 - 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums
 37Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #221 of 227 (permalink) Old 07-09-2019, 09:50 AM

Anyone purchase an extended warranty recently- if so what is the best rate for the longest coverage - 100000 miles or greater, 8 yrs or greater (lifetime available?), bumper bumper

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #222 of 227 (permalink) Old 07-09-2019, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UconnectPacifica View Post
Anyone purchase an extended warranty recently- if so what is the best rate for the longest coverage - 100000 miles or greater, 8 yrs or greater (lifetime available?), bumper bumper

Got a quote from Zeigler for 8 yr 125000 max coverage for $3445. Anyone else have this coverage and if so any advice on quote?

post #223 of 227 (permalink) Old 07-09-2019, 03:52 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neogeo View Post
I'm in Canada so I can't buy from Ziegler after searching so it looks like I need to get this from the dealer. They only offered 5yr/100km but thinking lifetime is worth it. But again, all this is useless if their warranty does not adequately covers hybrids which this is new to them. Judging how they launched this product, I'm not sure dealers know how to deal with it. The dealers I spoke with didn't have a clue what options were included, how the rebates work so I'm finding out now. Stupid of me not to find this forum and the experience with Chrysler so far has been sub-par. Not a good first impression. And like Mike above, I haven't bought an "American" brand in a long long time.
Same here.
Have not bought American in a long time.
I bought the extended to cover me up to 100k miles.
But not just for the Pachy, I always buy it.
To me, the peace of mind for a couple more years is worth it.

I was however, surprised to see a $200 deductible on the paperwork afterwards.
None of the other extended warranties I've purchased have had a deductible. (Honda, Hyundai, or Kia)

2017 Hyundai Ioniq Hybrid
2018 Pacifica Hybrid Limited

post #224 of 227 (permalink) Old 07-10-2019, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Got a quote from Zeigler for 8 yr 125000 max coverage for $3445. Anyone else have this coverage and if so any advice on quote?

Prices have gone up a bit since late last year.End of October 2018 I purchased the Lifetime Maximum care for 2600.00 right before they stopped offering it.I purchased this as I plan to drive the wheels off this van and with all the electronics,doors ect I do believe it will pay for itself down the road.

2018 Touring Plus
post #225 of 227 (permalink) Old 07-10-2019, 03:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kebanaev View Post
I was however, surprised to see a $200 deductible on the paperwork afterwards.
None of the other extended warranties I've purchased have had a deductible. (Honda, Hyundai, or Kia)
When I purchased from Ziegler after getting my PacHy, there were options to purchase plans with $200 deductible, $100 deductible or no deductible. As expected, the lower the deductible, the higher the premium. I heard people say the rates increased due to the number of problems reported, so it's possible that FCA stopped selling the no deductible plans.

2017 Jazz Blue Pacifica Hybrid Platinum
post #226 of 227 (permalink) Old 07-10-2019, 04:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by edgeman55 View Post
Prices have gone up a bit since late last year.End of October 2018 I purchased the Lifetime Maximum care for 2600.00 right before they stopped offering it.I purchased this as I plan to drive the wheels off this van and with all the electronics,doors ect I do believe it will pay for itself down the road.

So i am thinking GIECO’s mechanical coverage may be my best bet. Geico’s charge is like $30 every 6 months. Have any of used GEICOs mechanical coverage?

post #227 of 227 (permalink) Old Yesterday, 09:17 AM

Garage
Quote:
So i am thinking GIECO’s mechanical coverage may be my best bet. Geico’s charge is like $30 every 6 months. Have any of used GEICOs mechanical coverage?

Bumpin' this to see if anyone has had experience with GIECO coverage at a Chrysler dealership

2017 Pacifica
Touring L
Billet Silver
Package 27L
mfr. 5-17

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page