2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

Second row headrest.

21K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  SciTchr 
#1 ·
The headrest in the second row are like stuck in place. Does anyone have or had this problem? :surprise:

#3 ·
Never mind, found the answer.

https://www.pacificaforums.com/foru...ms/25514-second-row-headrests.html#post333682

They are not adjustable. Even when they have the buttons that make you believe that they are.
It may depend on what your definition of adjustable is. In my 2017 Pacifica there are two buttons on each second row head rest. If I push both of them at the same time and pull upward, I can raise the head rest. My manual also says they aren't adjustable, so maybe the manual means forward and backward adjustable. So, if you have someone who can pull up on the head rest while you push both buttons, it might move upward. It was a little difficult the first time, but it moves easier now. I have Stow and Go seats and can raise the head rests. There may have been changes in the 2018, but it might be worth another try.

https://www.pacificaforums.com/foru.../25514-second-row-headrests-2.html#post333770

#5 ·
They are NOT adjustable. If yours pull up, then the clip inside the seat is disconnected. I have removed the back of the second row seats and undone the clip and cable so I could remove them for car seat installation - they interfere with car seats otherwise.

There is a metal ring on the post of the headrest locking it into place. There is also a cable which connects to the disconnect so that when you use your stow n go, it will drop the headrest.

#6 ·
If you put your van info (year, trim, gas/hybrid, etc.) it will help others compare their van to yours and its features.

My 2017 Pacifica second row head rests may be raised a few inches when pushing both buttons in at the same time as I raise them. If you think the clip inside my seats is disconnected, I'm not going to worry about it since the head rests seem to work as designed and for stow and go as well. I don't have a need to remove the head rests. Sorry if the design may have been changed in later models.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.