2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

2019 Hybrid discounts?

10K views 24 replies 12 participants last post by  jdanke 
#1 ·
Are there any discounts available for the 2019 hybrid Limited? I stopped and saw my favorite salesman yesterday, he told me there is only $300 markup on dealer cost. He was willing to give me the $1400 hold back and two $500 coupons,
If I currently owned some other hybrid he would have given me some conquest money but since I had already sold my Honda Insight, that was not available.

I suspect that when the $7500 tax credit goes away, that Chrysler will lower dealer cost on the van. Unless I can find a Christmas miracle, I'll keep driving my 2017 Pacifica Limited (gas) with 40,000 miles

#2 ·
I ordered a 2019. They gave us just about $2000 off MSRP. I think that’s about what you are saying your offer was too? Honestly, we decided on a ‘19 because they weren’t offering much more on the 18’s in the Seattle area. I wanted a limited with safetytech and we just weren’t finding the deals we thought we might at the end of the year. Some people are saying they are starting to offer the $7500 off the price of a lease. Might be something to consider.

#3 ·
FCA is really far away from selling their 200k vehicles for the $7500 US federal tax credit to be phased out (Tesla and GM will both reach those limits in the next quarter or two), so it should be around for a while longer unless the government decides to get rid of it. With GM about to hit the limit I'd suspect they could be lobbying for the sales amount to be increased so they can continue selling cars that qualify.

Seems like most other dealers in the New England area are pricing the 2018 models pretty close to the few 2019 models that are starting to show up. The dealer where I ended up buying my 2019 Hybrid Limited had an advertised price of $2500 off sticker. They said it was a loss and they were trying to meet sales goal for incentives back from FCA. Normally I'd assume that's just sales talk, but in this case I think it was pretty close to their real cost and they made a little more on the documentation fee and took a risk on my trade-in.

That was significantly better pricing for a 2019 compared to the other few dealers that just got some in and was pretty close to the discounts on a lot of the remaining 2018s. One of the dealers I initially looked at had some 2018 models that had been sitting for a year. The only one I would have considered was a Limited and they were willing to come down $4k off sticker, but it had a dead battery, wasn't a color I loved and they low-balled me on trade-in. With depreciation I think the extra $1500 I paid for a model year newer wasn't bad, especially considering it's an exact color combo I wanted.

#12 ·
Seems like most other dealers in the New England area are pricing the 2018 models pretty close to the few 2019 models that are starting to show up. The dealer where I ended up buying my 2019 Hybrid Limited had an advertised price of $2500 off sticker. They said it was a loss and they were trying to meet sales goal for incentives back from FCA....
One of the dealers I initially looked at had some 2018 models that had been sitting for a year. The only one I would have considered was a Limited and they were willing to come down $4k off sticker, but it had a dead battery, wasn't a color I loved and they low-balled me on trade-in. With depreciation I think the extra $1500 I paid for a model year newer wasn't bad, especially considering it's an exact color combo I wanted.
Matches my experience. I'm in Connecticut and talked to dealers in NY, MA, and RI, too. Strange of them to be firm on price for cars that had been on their lots for 8-10 months, I thought. After learning some things about poor on-lot battery care from this forum I am very glad I passed.

One dealer has a a demo model with 16K miles they are trying to sell as new, discounted $3K. In Connecticut only cars with fewer than 7,500 miles are permitted to be titled as new.

I'm planning on taking my business to the DC area because I go to the western 'burbs for work and it seems it's a more competitive sales environment. Any suggestions for dealers?

#8 ·
If you're still looking, you might try reaching out to Scott at Sam Leman. They seemed pretty fairly priced, although it's a bit of a drive from the Chicago area, if you can't do better around you it might be worth it.

Destination charge just went up $100, not sure if anyone else has ordered a 2019 in the past week but word is that the base price of the 2019 Hybrid Limited went up $150 as well, so $250 increase. Website only shows the $100 on destination charge increase at the moment.

Scott Kuykendall
scottk@lemanauto.com
309-275-7257
Sam Leman Automotive

#9 ·
I’m in Oregon and I’m ready to buy a Hybrid Limited. The current incentive is $1,000 and one Portland dealer is offering an additional $2,000+ discount for a total of $3,192 off MSRP:

https://www.portlandjeep.com/new/Ch...a+Hybrid-8b1e2f990a0e0aea01ace0749f0f3ed8.htm

I am ready to buy today but I want wait
for a better FCA incentive. How likely are incentives to increase between now and December? Any chance special APR will be offered on the Hybrid later this year?
The non Hybrid currently offers 0% for 36 months and I’d buy in an instant if it was available on the Hybrid. Has special fincinacing been offered on the Hybrid in the past? If so, is it more likely at a certain time of the year (e.g. August)? If not is the cash incentive likely to increase?

-Miles

#10 ·
Have you checked with Dick Hannah Chrysler/Jeep/Ram in Vancuver? You can email their internet sales department, and they'll give you a legitimate price. I haven't bought a Pacifica yet, but they were by far the least expensive out the door for the last two Jeeps in the Portland area. And you probably know this, but you don't have to pay taxes if you have an Oregon address even though they're in Washington.

#11 ·
Hi Cornfeld,
Different dealers offer different amounts. Both on the sales price and the trade-in prices.

My experience in the Seattle area was the first 2 dealers wanted to play games offering me well below the KBB price on the 2018 PacHy Touring L when I went to trade in. They advertised reasonable prices on the new one but were low balling 2-3,500 on the trade-in, so I walked. The 3rd dealer had a much better reputation for consumer satisfaction. I went in with my numbers and was upfront with them from the start. They said ok to the trade-in at the price KBB and I wanted, and then came the time for the new one. Turned out that even with quite a few on the lot, they weren't the color and interior I wanted. So they helped find what I wanted from one of the other nearby dealers that had advertised just full MSRP without discounts, and arranged for me to get the 2019 limited with every option for about 3K under MSRP after negotiating a little. They got the auto and I picked it up 3 days later.

Long story short, the CJDR dealers are much different from one to the other. Find one that doesn't play games and is more honest if you can, for a better deal. I know that sounds easier than it is. But putting in another 2 days of searching saved me about 5K when looking at the trade-in and the purchase combined.

Let us know what happens in your search! Don't be afraid to go long distance for a deal if you find the right one!

#21 ·
My experience in the Seattle area was the first 2 dealers wanted to play games offering me well below the KBB price on the 2018 PacHy Touring L when I went to trade in. They advertised reasonable prices on the new one but were low balling 2-3,500 on the trade-in, so I walked. The 3rd dealer had a much better reputation for consumer satisfaction. I went in with my numbers and was upfront with them from the start. They said ok to the trade-in at the price KBB and I wanted, and then came the time for the new one. Turned out that even with quite a few on the lot, they weren't the color and interior I wanted. So they helped find what I wanted from one of the other nearby dealers that had advertised just full MSRP without discounts, and arranged for me to get the 2019 limited with every option for about 3K under MSRP after negotiating a little. They got the auto and I picked it up 3 days later.
What was the KBB trade in price and how many miles? I'm thinking about trading in for a 2019 too.

#13 ·
I’ve been talking with a dealer who is matching the employee purchase price on a 2019 Limited. The dealer says that I get any rebate or customer cash allowance that is in effect when I take delivery.

My ZIP Code has $1000 customer cash allowance but must take delivery by the end of February. I am ordering a car to get what I want. This means I’m not eligible for that cash allowance according to the dealer.

I’d like to work in good faith but I wonder if I’m being naïve and the dealer is pocketing today’s allowance. How do these things work really?

#14 ·
I ordered a 2019 and received the $1000 cash allowance and $428 for my wife's company being part of the affiliate program. The dealer then took off an additional $2300 or so. On top of that, if the incentives were better when the vehicle arrived (which they weren't since it shipped so fast), then you'd get those.

The employee price for my vehicle is $47982. It's possible what the dealer is doing here is giving you such a 'great price', the employee price, but then pocketing the $1000 so they're not out on the deal (or they're just being greedy). The frustrating part is it seems pretty disingenuous to say that you're not eligible for the $1000 because you're ordering, that's a lie and provable by most anyone that's ordered a vehicle here. So do you continue on with such a group? The one thing I loved about my dealer was there was no shady crap like that, everything was up front. We found out in the negotiation process that we were eligible for the $428 affiliate program, one group said 'great!' but didn't change their offer price until I said 'wait shouldn't we get those dollars not you?!', other group we bought from was like 'great!' and subtracted it off their offer. Done. I appreciate dealers are trying to make money and get the most they can on a vehicle, but you don't have to lie to get there guys...

I'd push back pretty hard or walk depending on what options you have with other dealers. I'd say you know you're eligible for the $1000 and if they subtract that from their offer then you'll come sign the order paperwork and put the deposit down. My guess is they've overreached with their employee pricing offer and will not be able to subtract that $1000, but it is not true they're you're not eligible. Best of luck!

#19 ·
Thanks for the replies.

The only incentive showing for a 2019 Hybrid is a Northeast BC Retail Consumer Cash, so not a national promotion and as Carl points out not price protected. I'm willing to bet that there will be a similar consumer cash in April or whenever an ordered car arrives and see what happens. I mean, a thousand bucks is a thousand bucks but I'd rather have the setup I want.

I live in Conn with $500 rebate from the state. I learned that Massachusetts has a $2,500 MOR-EV rebate in addition to the federal, so I can see why Mass dealers can point to these programs and say how much of a value the hybrid is. It's a heck of a lot of car for the money.

#20 ·
I apologize for maybe being a bit overzealous with my 'lying' comment, since I really don't know. I was relying on the information the dealers were telling me at the time of my order being placed. I was eligible for the Midwest BC consumer cash ($1000) and the business affiliate cash ($428). One of the critical things I wanted to understand was whether or not my price could go up by the time I took delivery, and they said the rebates available when I ordered the vehicle were guaranteed, and if the rebates went up by the time I took delivery, I'd get the better of the two deals. Every dealer I worked with told me this.

It's certainly possible they were either wrong or working under the assumption that the rebates only go up and are not eliminated from month to month, which for my order turned out to be the case. So long story short, I guess you just have to believe the dealer since that's the 'deal' they're going to honor. My dealer's position was that I was eligible for all rebates even when ordering, and those rebates were guaranteed. Not sure what the 'right' answer is though. Again, best of luck out there!

#23 ·
Last week I bought 2019 PacHy Limited with moonroof and everything with MSRP 50750... Got a dealer discount of 4K straight! Will get another 7500 for federal rebate... With sales tax (10.5%) and all it would cost 45K net! I shopped around at multiple Chrysler dealerships and everyone said this is the best offer...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.