2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums - View Single Post - Three boosters in the 3rd row?
View Single Post
post #4 of (permalink) Old 03-20-2019, 12:47 AM
SciTchr

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4under6 View Post
Any paciifca owners out there have success with putting three highback or harness boosters (combination of both or with one convertible is ok too) across the 3rd row? I know they would have to be installed using seatbelts and maybe tethers rather than LATCH, which is ok with us.

We have been going back and forth between buying the Pacifica and the VW Atlas and we honestly can't agree which would be better for 5 car seats/boosters (we have 4 children right now but might have one more baby while owning this next car). I thought minivans would be self evidently best for maximum car seat installations but the more I read about this issue the less sure I am.

(Yes, we could try three across with the 8 seater middle bench and two in the back but I read most car seats installed in the center 2nd row seat on the Pacifica impede the easy tilt function of the outboard seats. So we'd like to be sure we could do three in the back as an option anyway).

I replied on an old thread about this topic but want to start a new thread too in case it catches someone's eye. Thanks for your insights!
Not exactly what you were looking for, but I couldn't resist posting the link to a photo of a van with lots of carseats.
https://www.pacificaforums.com/forum/504378-post21.html

I assume the 3rd row carseats or boosters in the photo must be seatbelted in as opposed to using the LATCH system. I don't know what the rules on child seats are, but at some point your oldest child might not need a carseat. A minivan with sliding doors makes getting kids into carseats so much easier. My four children are out of carseats, but I really liked having a van with young kids. The older ones sat in the back and the younger ones sat in the middle.

If you end up with an 8 passenger van and want the baby in the center of the second row, here is a link with a suggestion for car seats.
https://www.pacificaforums.com/forum/548343-post15.html

2017 Pacifica Touring L (gas) - Sept. 2016 build

Last edited by SciTchr; 03-20-2019 at 06:40 PM.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome