Scheduled Charging doesn't work - Page 15 - 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums
 35Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #141 of 154 (permalink) Old 11-30-2018, 07:49 PM

I purchased a 2017 Hybrid in April and the charging schedule never worked. We received a Mopar Level 2 charging unit with the purchase and are on a EV rate plan so we only charge from 11pm - 6am on weekdays. We would just use the Uconnect App every night to charge it, but once the free period ran out we started plugging in the car manually each night.

I took the car to the dealer a month ago and they claimed they tested it and it worked - but per the comments on the thread it's likely they set it to be 30 minutes in the future and once it worked, they claimed it worked. They are saying it's likely the charger so we are bringing it in next week to the dealer to see if that's the issue. I'm skeptical that this is the case but let's see what they say.

They also asked me to call Chrysler support and I did so the day I received the car back. I called back 5 times to ask about an update over the last month and finally spoke to my case manager and in that time he had not done one thing to resolve it. He claimed that the case was even marked "closed" despite zero follow up. Grr. I'm speaking to his manager next week supposedly and will mention this forum and ask that they look into it. It doesn't seem like they do simple Google searches to see that this isn't a one-off issue that's caused by a charger.

If I'm following correctly, the UConnect update to software version 18.20.2e has resolved the scheduling issue (except for setting the stop time)? If so I'll mention that next week when I see the dealer.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #142 of 154 (permalink) Old 11-30-2018, 10:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pacifica_Berkeley View Post
I purchased a 2017 Hybrid in April and the charging schedule never worked. We received a Mopar Level 2 charging unit with the purchase and are on a EV rate plan so we only charge from 11pm - 6am on weekdays. We would just use the Uconnect App every night to charge it, but once the free period ran out we started plugging in the car manually each night.
[snip]
If I'm following correctly, the UConnect update to software version 18.20.2e has resolved the scheduling issue (except for setting the stop time)? If so I'll mention that next week when I see the dealer.
If you have a 2017 model then the UConnect software version 18.20.2e will not apply to you. The UConnect systems in the 2017s are different from the ones in the 2018s and 2019s. They added Android Auto and Apply CarPlay support in 2018. The 2017s have to be updated from a USB drive and I haven't heard of any newly released updates for 2017s since the fall of 2017.

2018 Molten Silver Pacifica Hybrid Limited purchased Nov 30, 2017.
post #143 of 154 (permalink) Old 12-02-2018, 01:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZBean View Post
If you have a 2017 model then the UConnect software version 18.20.2e will not apply to you. The UConnect systems in the 2017s are different from the ones in the 2018s and 2019s. They added Android Auto and Apply CarPlay support in 2018. The 2017s have to be updated from a USB drive and I haven't heard of any newly released updates for 2017s since the fall of 2017.
Thanks for the clarification on 2017 vs 2018 models.

Are you still utilizing the scheduler in your charging unit vs the one in the car? Or was the software version update ultimately resolve the issue? I'm not sure what specifically to tell the dealer when I bring my car in next week / where to start.

post #144 of 154 (permalink) Old 12-02-2018, 01:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pacifica_Berkeley View Post
Thanks for the clarification on 2017 vs 2018 models.

Are you still utilizing the scheduler in your charging unit vs the one in the car? Or was the software version update ultimately resolve the issue? I'm not sure what specifically to tell the dealer when I bring my car in next week / where to start.
I switched back to using the scheduler in my ChargePoint charging station. The fix in the software update was not sufficient for me because it still doesn't stop at the scheduled time. The way my electric rates work, any spike in electricity demand during peak hours is very expensive.

As for what to tell the dealer I am not sure either. There are a couple of bulletins that were posted recently that describe how to update the radio software by downloading the software from Chrysler and installing from a USB drive. They are linked to in this thread: https://www.pacificaforums.com/forum...ancements.html

However I am not sure those bulletins apply to you. The bulletins say they are for 2018 models and yet at the same time they mention sales codes and version numbers which I think are for 2017 models. I also think they have the version numbers backwards. All very confusing. Anyway you might show the bulletins to the dealer and have them use their access to the software repository to see if they can find anything that applies to you.

post #145 of 154 (permalink) Old 12-13-2018, 02:38 PM

I have software version 18.20.2e; application version canada-ir-sbx-21.9.0, and have the same charging issue It's been a few days in a row now that I wake up to find the car empty. I've tried all the tips, like opening/closing doors, tapping the 'no' to start charging now, etc, and am just frustrated this is still an issue.
post #146 of 154 (permalink) Old 12-14-2018, 07:41 PM

I received a call back from the customer service/care people who confirmed that this is a known issue but that there was a workaround until there was a software update to fix it. I tried the workaround - which is plugging in the car, turning off, then turning back on the charging schedule. Of course, this workaround did not work for us.

I also took it to the dealer who was able to replicate that there was something amiss - initially they set the schedule to 1pm and it started charging. But then they reset the schedule to 3pm and plugged in the car. When the service person went back to check it at 3pm, the car was at 100% so he knew that the car continued to charge even though the schedule was set to start at 3pm. They placed a call into "engineering" but said there was nothing more for them to do. I called customer service/care people later that afternoon and have yet to hear back. I also called my salesperson (different dealership than where I'm taking the car to be serviced). He said he would make some calls and find out what he could about the issue, specifically whether there was an ETA to get a fix out there. I'll report back when I find out more.

Until then, our plan is to manually charge the car - plugging in as normal when we get home, and then using the UConnect app to "charge now" every night at 11pm. Or get Chrysler to somehow pay for a Level 2 charger with its own scheduler.
post #147 of 154 (permalink) Old 01-16-2019, 07:26 PM

I just bought a 2018 Pacifica Hybrid a few weeks ago and have the same problem. I need the charging schedule to work since I have time of use rates here in CA but it has worked only twice in the 10 days I have tried it. Thinking about getting a Juicebox charger with WIFI enabled but feel like I shouldn't have to pay for that since the system in the car is faulty. Any new updates on this at all?
post #148 of 154 (permalink) Old 01-16-2019, 09:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigpilly9 View Post
I just bought a 2018 Pacifica Hybrid a few weeks ago and have the same problem. I need the charging schedule to work since I have time of use rates here in CA but it has worked only twice in the 10 days I have tried it. Thinking about getting a Juicebox charger with WIFI enabled but feel like I shouldn't have to pay for that since the system in the car is faulty. Any new updates on this at all?
No good news I am afraid. There have been several reports that if you change the schedule by a little bit and save the changes then it will work, temporarily. So if you do that once a week you might be able to get it to work. There was also one report from somebody who tried reversing the AM and PM in the schedule so it started at 11:15am instead of 11:15pm. They said it worked for three nights but I haven't heard anything further from them.

This has been complained about for more than a year now so I have to assume that either Chrysler is being very obtuse or there is some technical obstacle that prevents them from making this work.

post #149 of 154 (permalink) Old 03-22-2019, 03:10 PM

So the built in UConnect scheduler does not work all of the time? I have a 19 on order and expect delivery soon.
I was planning on using the scheduler built into UConnect rather than the cell phone app since I refuse to pay for in car wifi after the free period.
post #150 of 154 (permalink) Old 03-22-2019, 08:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cornfield View Post
So the built in UConnect scheduler does not work all of the time? I have a 19 on order and expect delivery soon.
I was planning on using the scheduler built into UConnect rather than the cell phone app since I refuse to pay for in car wifi after the free period.
It is possible that the scheduler works on the 2019s -- I haven't seen a definite report from a 2019 owner.

I think you are a little confused about UConnect and in-car wi-fi. The in-car wi-fi is used to provide internet access for passengers in the van, typically children, who might not have cell phone connections of their own. It has no trial period and costs $20-$25 per month depending on whether you are an existing AT&T customer and whether you pay for a year in advance or a month at a time. Sirius XM Guardian provides remote locking and unlocking, remote starting and the ability to start charging remotely. It comes with a free one year trial. After that it costs $25 per month or so. It really has nothing to do with charge scheduling, although I suppose it could be a substitute if you can remember to use your phone to initiate charging when the electric rates are lower. The van has built-in charge scheduling that is independent of whether you have subscribed to any service or not. Unfortunately it does not work reliably.

There are two other work-arounds if you need the charge scheduling feature. If you are going to use the level 1 charger supplied with the van you can use an inexpensive smart wi-fi plug to initiate charging at the appropriate time. If you are going to use a level 2 charger you can purchase one with its own scheduling features -- either a ChargePoint or a JuiceBox Pro.
Cornfield likes this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page