Scheduled Charging doesn't work - Page 16 - 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums
 35Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #151 of 154 (permalink) Old 05-04-2019, 10:35 AM

Has there been new information on this problem. I have determined that if I respond NO to the shut-off question about charging now, rather than on schedule, it works, If I simply ignore the question, scheduled charging does not work.

Any ideas?

Neal
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #152 of 154 (permalink) Old 05-04-2019, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chemsaf View Post
Has there been new information on this problem. I have determined that if I respond NO to the shut-off question about charging now, rather than on schedule, it works, If I simply ignore the question, scheduled charging does not work.

Any ideas?

Neal
No, no new information on this. Complaints have somewhat died down which I take to mean either that everyone who needs scheduled charging has found a workaround, or that the 2019s don't exhibit the problem. I am really not sure which is the case.

Your particular workaround, explicitly answering the "charge now?" question, is a new one to me. I know that when I was running tests on this problem I always ignored the question, thinking that it only mattered if I really did want to override the schedule. So maybe that really does have something to do with it.

As a side note, not really on point for a Pacifica forum, we recently traded our 2007 Prius for a 2019 Prius Prime plug-in. It has a scheduler that does work, but its design is completely different. Instead of telling the car the hours when it can charge, you tell it what time of day you would like it to be charged up and ready to go. It then initiates charging at the appropriate time based on the state of charge of the hybrid battery. The design of the Prius Prime's scheduler is really not suitable for someone who is subject to time-of-use electric rates and who wants to avoid charging during peak hours.

2018 Molten Silver Pacifica Hybrid Limited purchased Nov 30, 2017.
post #153 of 154 (permalink) Old 05-05-2019, 01:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZBean View Post
No, no new information on this. Complaints have somewhat died down which I take to mean either that everyone who needs scheduled charging has found a workaround, or that the 2019s don't exhibit the problem. I am really not sure which is the case.
I'm a former complainer who tried a bunch of workarounds but nothing lasted, so I threw in the towel and replaced my EVSE with a Chargepoint unit. The scheduling with it works flawlessly and I haven't gone back to try and see if the Uconnect has been fixed.

2018 Pacifica Hybrid Limited

post #154 of 154 (permalink) Old 06-12-2019, 02:44 PM

Add me to the group of 2018 owners with intermittent scheduled charging issues. We also have time of day rates. Charging worked flawlessly for about 3 months and now is just intermittent. Coming from a Prius that was rock solid, having problems like these was my number 1 concern in buying this van. I have a really nice ClipperCreek level 2 charger, but it doesn't have a built-in scheduler. I haven't scanned all the emails for workarounds, but I'm not enthusiastic about taking it to a dealer just to have them say they can't replicate it.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page