Scheduled Charging doesn't work - 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums
 35Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 154 (permalink) Old 12-07-2017, 02:32 PM Thread Starter

Scheduled Charging doesn't work

Hi All, I have 2018 Pacifica Hybrid.

It has been charging with schedule setup (11pm - 5am) with no problem until this Monday. I noticed the battery was not charged. Thought it was just a glitch but then on Tuesday night around 11:20pm, I went out and checked. Nope. Not charging. I had to turn on the car then it'd say "charging 1%" and I would see the charging light blinking.
Same thing happened last night. Not charging after 11pm, went out, start the car then it'd start charging.

Anybody have similar problem? Should I contact the dealer?

Thank you!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 154 (permalink) Old 12-07-2017, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by petheadkorea View Post
Hi All, I have 2018 Pacifica Hybrid.

It has been charging with schedule setup (11pm - 5am) with no problem until this Monday. I noticed the battery was not charged. Thought it was just a glitch but then on Tuesday night around 11:20pm, I went out and checked. Nope. Not charging. I had to turn on the car then it'd say "charging 1%" and I would see the charging light blinking.
Same thing happened last night. Not charging after 11pm, went out, start the car then it'd start charging.

Anybody have similar problem? Should I contact the dealer?

Thank you!!!
I have the same problem. Mine also never started on the time it was set to. Sometimes it would start 20 minutes later sometimes not at all. Maybe try pulling f76 for a minute then install to see if that fixes the problem.

The Facebook ground has been reporting this problem off and on as well.

Is this a know problem Chrysler Cares?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
post #3 of 154 (permalink) Old 12-07-2017, 03:53 PM

Yes, I have seen some glitches in the charging schedule. I have had my 2018 Hybrid for just a week and immediately set up a charging schedule that began at 9pm. One time I observed that it started early, sometime between 8pm and 9pm. One time I checked it at 9:05pm and it wasn't charging. I opened and closed the driver's side door and it immediately started charging. Last night I checked again at 9:10pm and it wasn't charging. Waited another 15 minutes and checked again, still wasn't charging. I plan on doing some more controlled testing to find out what is going on.

post #4 of 154 (permalink) Old 12-08-2017, 12:16 AM

This evening was a little different. Charging schedule was set to 9pm to 9am on weekdays. Went out in the early evening, came back just after 8pm. Battery had 70% left. Turned off the car, closed the door and plugged it in. The charge indicator lights started their slow sequential blink indicating that it was waiting to charge. Came back and checked it after 9pm and all the charge indicator lights were off. Not charging. Came back and checked it after 10pm and it was charging. Maybe its a time zone problem? But I would not expect that during the winter. I do live in Arizona where daylight saving time is not observed. At this time of year we are in the Mountain time zone. In the summer we don't change the clocks so we are effectively in the Pacific time zone -- that is when I would I might expect problems with the schedule being off by an hour. Next time I will try and be watching when the clock ticks over to 10pm and see what happens.
post #5 of 154 (permalink) Old 12-08-2017, 07:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZBean View Post
This evening was a little different. Charging schedule was set to 9pm to 9am on weekdays. Went out in the early evening, came back just after 8pm. Battery had 70% left. Turned off the car, closed the door and plugged it in. The charge indicator lights started their slow sequential blink indicating that it was waiting to charge. Came back and checked it after 9pm and all the charge indicator lights were off. Not charging. Came back and checked it after 10pm and it was charging. Maybe its a time zone problem? But I would not expect that during the winter. I do live in Arizona where daylight saving time is not observed. At this time of year we are in the Mountain time zone. In the summer we don't change the clocks so we are effectively in the Pacific time zone -- that is when I would I might expect problems with the schedule being off by an hour. Next time I will try and be watching when the clock ticks over to 10pm and see what happens.
Mine never start at the time it's normally sometime within the hour.

Does you end on tine?

post #6 of 154 (permalink) Old 12-08-2017, 08:52 AM

I have a 2017 and we switched to a time-of-service rate plan about a month ago, so I enabled the charging schedule. I set it up with a start/stop time since others reported that plugging in after the start time doesn't always work if it's set to "charge until full". Ours seems to start within 5-10 minutes of the scheduled time (based on the notification from the UConnect app).

2017 Jazz Blue Pacifica Hybrid Platinum
post #7 of 154 (permalink) Old 12-08-2017, 10:51 AM

My scheduling never worked. It just charges when you plug it in and disregards the scheduler which I set. I am installing an L2 charger with wifi scheduling enabled so I am not too worried about it. Would just be nice knowing that it worked correctly.
post #8 of 154 (permalink) Old 12-08-2017, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seamonkeys1 View Post
Mine never start at the time it's normally sometime within the hour.

Does you end on tine?
Ok then that suggests that the car is asleep and only wakes up periodically to check the clock. Not sure about whether it stops on time or not. Last night it started charging at 70% so of course it finished well within the scheduled time. I'll have to check it some time when it is starting from an empty battery.
post #9 of 154 (permalink) Old 12-08-2017, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZBean View Post
Ok then that suggests that the car is asleep and only wakes up periodically to check the clock. Not sure about whether it stops on time or not. Last night it started charging at 70% so of course it finished well within the scheduled time. I'll have to check it some time when it is starting from an empty battery.
Yep I think it goes to sleep and doesn't know how to wake up correctly.

post #10 of 154 (permalink) Old 12-08-2017, 06:07 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by seamonkeys1 View Post
Yep I think it goes to sleep and doesn't know how to wake up correctly.

Yes. It is more like the car is sleeping and cannot wake up. Mine setup 11pm-7am. I went out at 11:10pm, the whole thing is blank. No charging light or anything. I touch the handle, the car wakes up and start charging.

I contacted Chrysler and they are sending me "software update" by mail. I wonder if it is DVD or USB thumb stick. I have a feeling that they don't know if the update will fix things.

Robin

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page