Battery teardwon video - Page 2 - 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums
 5Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-03-2019, 07:20 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Posts: 75
yeah i know.

frankly i'm not very keen on pure EVs but Toyota should have done more on PHEV front.

Prius Prime is a horrible car - i test drove it. Has no trunk space. NONE. Also slow and buzzy and the rims look really bad. Also just 4 seats. And this is Toyota's ***ONLY*** PHEV !

toyota is world's number 1 automaker both by sales and value and in 20+ years since introducing the Prius the Prime was the best they could do ?

it's incredible ...

they just sat around and watched everybody pass them by while they were happy to eek out a couple mpg with each Prius gen seemingly oblivious to the fact that Prius sales were plummeting ...

very sad.
g1981c is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-03-2019, 07:59 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: Central FL
Posts: 183
Quote:
Originally Posted by g1981c View Post
yeah i know.

frankly i'm not very keen on pure EVs but Toyota should have done more on PHEV front.

Prius Prime is a horrible car - i test drove it. Has no trunk space. NONE. Also slow and buzzy and the rims look really bad. Also just 4 seats. And this is Toyota's ***ONLY*** PHEV !

toyota is world's number 1 automaker both by sales and value and in 20+ years since introducing the Prius the Prime was the best they could do ?

it's incredible ...

they just sat around and watched everybody pass them by while they were happy to eek out a couple mpg with each Prius gen seemingly oblivious to the fact that Prius sales were plummeting ...

very sad.
Throughout most of the 2000s, Toyota crushed it with the 2nd gen Prius. There was simply zero competition and it's not much of a stretch to say that the 2004-09 Prius single-handedly brought the hybrid car into the mainstream.

The 3rd gen wasn't bad, either (I especially liked the solar roof) but the Plug-in Prius of 2012 with its 11 mile range (really more like 8) was a flop.

The very solid 2011 PHEV Volt was on the scene, followed by the 2013 Ford C-Max hybrid and PHEV. Suddenly, the Prius had some competition.

Toyota responded by giving the 4th gen Prius some bizarre styling and the PHEV version (now called Prime) a 25 mile range.

With the current low gas prices. and even more competition that's equal (or better), it hasn't been enough to keep the Prius on top.

'18 PacHy Ltd, red/alloy, 18" whls, roof, AST
rudiger is offline  
post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-03-2019, 10:13 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
stop-eject's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: MD
Posts: 1,627
Garage
PacHy has to kick in the ICE under heavy load or when cold. I heard it is worse with Prius Prime- the ICE starts even from turning the defroster on. If Toyota ever decides to do Sienna PHEV it may be just as uninspiring as Prius.

*** 2019 Hybrid Limited ***
stop-eject is online now  
 
post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-04-2019, 02:08 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Posts: 75
Quote:
Originally Posted by stop-eject View Post
PacHy has to kick in the ICE under heavy load or when cold. I heard it is worse with Prius Prime- the ICE starts even from turning the defroster on. If Toyota ever decides to do Sienna PHEV it may be just as uninspiring as Prius.
Prius Prime is worse than regular Prius ( smaller trunk and 1 less seat, plus fewer wheel options ) and regular Prius is already one of the worst cars you can buy ( Ugly, No Instrument Cluster behind Wheel, Cheap Plastic interior, sounds like a trash can etc ).

you're not going to care how the Prius Prime heats the cabin if you check it out.

only reason anybody buys it is because Cheap, Super Efficient and Super Reliable.

it's a penalty box.
g1981c is offline  
post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-04-2019, 04:21 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: Central FL
Posts: 183
Quote:
Originally Posted by g1981c View Post
Prius Prime is worse than regular Prius ( smaller trunk and 1 less seat, plus fewer wheel options ) and regular Prius is already one of the worst cars you can buy ( Ugly, No Instrument Cluster behind Wheel, Cheap Plastic interior, sounds like a trash can etc ).

you're not going to care how the Prius Prime heats the cabin if you check it out.

only reason anybody buys it is because Cheap, Super Efficient and Super Reliable.

it's a penalty box.
I'm not so sure about the 'cheap' part. Unless sales are so bad, Toyota's having to rebate/incentive-ize like heel to sell any of them, at all.

My take is what's really killing Prius sales is the polarizing appearance. The 2nd gen Prius was just about perfect. Third wasn't too bad, but this last generation is just bizarre. Who wants to drive around in something that looks like a Corolla straining to take a dump?

'18 PacHy Ltd, red/alloy, 18" whls, roof, AST
rudiger is offline  
post #16 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-04-2019, 04:38 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Posts: 75
Quote:
Originally Posted by rudiger View Post
I'm not so sure about the 'cheap' part. Unless sales are so bad, Toyota's having to rebate/incentive-ize like heel to sell any of them, at all.

My take is what's really killing Prius sales is the polarizing appearance. The 2nd gen Prius was just about perfect. Third wasn't too bad, but this last generation is just bizarre. Who wants to drive around in something that looks like a Corolla straining to take a dump?
i actually like the styling of the crazy looking Prius.

problem is by the time it started growing on me they decided to "fix" it.

toyota's new styling is so radical that it takes too long to get used to it - by the time you do the car isn't new any more and excitement is gone.
g1981c is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Dead battery adventures stop-eject 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica PHEV Hybrid General Discussion 377 07-21-2019 10:32 PM
Battery Problems and Battery Tender Bigolddogs Electronics 10 01-14-2019 03:04 PM
Connects between HiVolt Traction Battery and 12 V system myates312 2017+ Pacifica PHEV Hybrid Batteries And Charging 16 07-18-2018 10:24 PM
Hybrid Battery Technical Details zootjeff 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica PHEV Hybrid General Discussion 72 04-23-2018 03:02 PM
According to Chrysler: Video USB on second row screens will only play AAC or MP4 superchuck500 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan General Discussion 102 04-09-2018 06:49 PM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome