2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

Forward Collision Warning

10K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  jimil 
#1 ·
We have set the FCW for the normal setting and it appears on the instrument panel when we do this. Once we start to drive, the FCW has never alerted us that we need to brake and it doesn't seem like it's on. I've looked in the manual and searched YouTube without any luck. What steps do we take to turn this on so it can work properly? The rear sensors are working just fine. This can easily be something we are doing wrong. Any advice would be appreciated.

#2 ·
I'd be just as happy to turn it off. Will have to look at up in the settings one day. Very annoying when someone is making a right turn ahead of you and there's plenty of room but suddenly the stereo cuts out and the dash is throwing up a panic alert to BRAKE!

#3 ·
Are the instructions or tips in an owner's manual? I'd read about it if I could find it.

#5 ·
From page 239 of a manual, there are settings for sensitivity (see cut & paste below):

FCW Braking Status And Sensitivity
The FCW Sensitivity and Active Braking status are programmable
through the Uconnect System. Refer to “Uconnect
Settings” in “Multimedia” for further information.
The default sensitivity of FCW is the “Medium” setting
and the system status is “Warning & Braking”. This allows
the system to warn the driver of a possible collision with
the vehicle in front using audible/visual warnings and it
applies autonomous braking.

Changing the FCW status to “Far” setting allows the system
to warn the driver of a possible collision with the vehicle in
front using audible/visual warning when the latter is at a
farther distance than Medium setting. This provides the
most reaction time to avoid a possible collision.

Changing the FCW status to the “Near” setting, allows the
system to warn the driver of a possible collision with the
vehicle in front when the distance between the vehicle in
the front is much closer. This setting provides less reaction
time than the “Far” and “Medium” settings, which allows
for a more dynamic driving experience.

#7 ·
Here is what I have learned about the front collision cameras. They slip out of alignment and stop working and it is $500 to get it re-aligned. Mine is in the repairs shop now getting the camera re-positioned. Seems simple but they claim it takes a lot of driving and two people to make the repairs.
I also had a problem with my sliding driver passenger door. It wouldn’t close from the back. This requires a software update that is not cheap.
This is my first Non-Toyota vehicle and my Last! If you look up on Consumer Reports, this is the #1 vehicle NOT TO BUY! So I am going imagine the trade in value will be miserable. I deeply regret buying this van. It has had nothing but issues. Sure, it has lots of bells and whistles but the more bells and whistles the more problems you have to get repaired. I would gladly trade in for a Sienna tomorrow! One month after I got the van, the back powered seats would not come up after being stowed. This required them to completely replace the motor on that and take the seat out. I was without the van for a week!!! My Dad has the same van and the same thing happened to his van and he got a software update and it worked. The first time the side doors wouldn’t close, (van was only 11 months old) they replaced the door rollers. This did NOT fix the problem. It needed a software update.
so to summarize I would say this vehicle has lots of issues, the mechanics are not well trained in diagnostics and you will be in the shop multiple times for the same issue. Note that each Chrysler dealership is responsible for a two year warranty on a repair so if it doesn’t fix the problem the first visit keep going back until it is fixed. Once you are outside of that timeline it is your problem.

#9 ·
#8 ·
I have had mine slam on the brakes going over 45mph. Really made me angry. I had a car in front of me about 75 feet turn right at an intersection. I had plenty of room and did not plan on slowing down as the car in front was turning and clearing the intersection, the collision warning started going off and slammed on the breaks break checking the guy behind me. The guy behind came up alongside me to give me the finger.

I read in the manual that collision warning breaking would not auto engage at speeds over 25mph. So I was not expecting this.

I have since disabled the feature and no longer use it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.