2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

Navation screen

2K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  Bond007 
#1 ·
Is there a way to get the map screen to come up automatically on startup. Every time I start the car the navigation home screen come up with the choice to go home or work or open the map go somewhere. I would like the map to open every time unless I make another choice. I had a loaner Jeep Compas today while having the steering recall done and it always started with the radio information plus the map. I can’t find a way to get that without pressing the screen multiple times.

#2 ·
Just leave it on the radio then hit the map button on the right side of the screen - it will show the map and an abbreviated radio display and should stay that way from what i can remember on ours

#7 ·
I am one week into a new 2019 Limited and still learning all the features. I agree with the thread OP regarding wishing there is a way to set the map for automatic display on vehicle startup. Other vehicles we have owned allowed for this. As was replied though, the mini-map inside the radio display seems to be the only current option for accomplishing this without having to make some screen selections. Even with this ‘radio-minimap’ option, I have issue because I have to first turn on the radio, or leave it on from my last trip. Suppose I don’t want to hear the radio and just want the map. I then need to turn down the volume. It just seems like the map and Uconnect audio options should have separate operation options, and whatever was left on from previous trip should start on next trip, be it either the map or some media selection.

I don’t wish this to sound like a complaint (although maybe it is), but am trying to make sure there aren’t existing options that I do not know of as yet.

#4 ·
I have a 2018 and I’ve tried with radio and Bluetooth screen and both restart with the map showing

#5 ·
I will try the radio plus map screen again this evening. I have to take it back in again tomorrow for the USB port next to the audio input not working. I took it in for the steering recall and told them that USB port wasn’t working and that when I turned on the air conditioning there was a musty smell. The service writer said they would check both and that it might just be a dirty cabin air filter. When I picked it up the report was a technician plugged in his phone and the USB port was working as designed. It also stated that the air conditioning was working as designed. When I got in the car the USB port still wasn’t working and there was still an odor. Went back in and they sent another service writer out with me. After I showed him it didn’t work with my phone and cable he tried his phone then went back inside and bought out another cable. He finally agreeded that it didn’t work and that there was still a smell.
I went to Auto Zone and picked up a cabin air filter the next morning to install. When I removed the glovebox there was a rental agreement from when the car had just over 5000 miles that had lodged between the glove box and the black panel in front of the filter. The filter was dirty and they had never checked it. I went back to the dealership and talked to the service manager about their service department. Obviously they hadn’t checked the cabin air filter or the USB port. I showed him the dirty filter and told him about the old rental agreement that I found.
I am taking it back tomorrow but doubt that I will ever go back again.

#6 · (Edited)
If I am understanding what you are looking for: Set the screen to the radio. On the right of the screen just above center, there is a map button. Press that and the nav screen will show along with the radio information. Every time I start my Limited the radio and the map show up. The map only shows you moving. You have to press the nav button to get the screen where you would enter where you want to go.
Ooooops. I missed where Lily stated the same thing.

Reactions: Bond007
#8 ·
Try setting your key fob memory settings (on a limited / higher model) after you have set the radio and map preferences. It may work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.