PSA - PacHy Delivery Hold! - Page 4 - 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums
 9Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #31 of 45 (permalink) Old 05-20-2017, 09:22 PM

Geez, about to cancel my order over this...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 45 (permalink) Old 05-20-2017, 11:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpchdk View Post
I think my PacHy got to Benicia on about 12 May and supposedly was updated "over the air, WiFi". It may have had to do with the Uconnect. It was delivered 18 May and I bought it the same day.
Lucky yours escaped Benicia. Mine's still there since the 12th. The dealer still knows nothing. Counting down the days until I have to cancel my June road trip due to no van.

2018 Platinum Hybrid - Velvet Red/Diesel interior
Order 8/19 - Built 9/12
Shipped to holding yard 9/14
SL 09/28
SL 5/1
Expected delivery 5/14-5/20
Delivered September
post #33 of 45 (permalink) Old 05-21-2017, 08:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MatVit View Post
What does JS , KZ, KZL, KZR stand for?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
JS - shipped to storage (built, but not released for shipping)...for many of us, this was like the 9th circle of ****, as many vehicles sat in this status for an extended period - mine was over 2 weeks - with no details
KZ - released from the factory, invoice (window sticker) generated
KZL - released, not shipped
KZR - a bit of a mystery code, as it doesn't officially show up in any of the standard lists. "Arriving at dealer in a few days" is what appeared in the tracking info for my dealer. From what I've been able to deduce, it's the status when the vehicle is in transit between the factory or storage and the rail yard.

I've not been able to figure out why some are KZR and some are KZL. On the Chrysler inventory page, all of the ones 200 miles from me that are "In Transit" are all in KZL status. KZR, apparently, does not appear on the inventory page. And it has nothing to do with sold order vs dealer order, as I know one of the others that is KZL is also a sold order.

Dealers are able to use their VIN tracking site to get a bit of additional detail - they should be able to see where the car is located, current status, and a full status history. You may have to lean on the sales or ordering manager to pull this information for you, as I don't know as the salespeople typically have access to this interface.
MatVit likes this.

post #34 of 45 (permalink) Old 05-22-2017, 06:52 PM

I am surprised at the number of people jumping in to get a Chrysler Hybrid Pacifica. I understand that people want the latest and greatest, be different, save gasoline, but as far as I know(correct me if I am wrong) this is Chrysler's first delve into Hybrid technology. There are bound to be problems so most of the first hybrid vehicle buyers are basically testing the technology. I don't usually buy any first model year of any vehicle but I figured the 3.6l engine and 9 speed has been tested on other vehicles in past years.
post #35 of 45 (permalink) Old 05-22-2017, 09:12 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by onthefence View Post
I am surprised at the number of people jumping in to get a Chrysler Hybrid Pacifica. I understand that people want the latest and greatest, be different, save gasoline, but as far as I know(correct me if I am wrong) this is Chrysler's first delve into Hybrid technology. There are bound to be problems so most of the first hybrid vehicle buyers are basically testing the technology. I don't usually buy any first model year of any vehicle but I figured the 3.6l engine and 9 speed has been tested on other vehicles in past years.

They had the Fiat 500e, but the Chrysler CEO was actively trying to not sell it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #36 of 45 (permalink) Old 05-22-2017, 10:13 PM

Quote:

its ok to be first if you leasing. buying is a concern like you say.

post #37 of 45 (permalink) Old 05-22-2017, 10:33 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
My main concern isn't with the technology, hybrids have been around for over a decade and the critical components are made by OEMs that have been doing it for years like LG Chem. My main concern is that it's a Chrysler. FCA isn't exactly known for reliability and customer support, in fact I've seen time and again top ten least-reliable car lists where FCA products took up six of the ten spots. This van wasn't on any of those lists but with stablemates like that it makes you wonder.

That said, in this case I think the hardware will probably be okay but it's the in-house stuff like software and overall build quality that I'm concerned about. The design department seems to have done a good job, hopefully the components are of similar quality. In our case they are the only game in town that meets our vehicle requirements. The van seems nice enough and I've heard many good things from people on here that have their PacHy's so I'm cautiously optimistic but this nonsense about the vans being held for reasons and duration unknown (my van included) is not giving me much confidence in the company itself, to say the least.
MatVit likes this.
post #38 of 45 (permalink) Old 05-23-2017, 09:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninocalifa View Post
My situation is even worse. I see the car in the dealer's lot but they won't give it to me. I am starting to reconsider this purchase. very close to giving up.
I hate when they won't give them to people. They always want money instead.

btw, we've take a couple trips and have 2000 miles on our van. When I divide miles by gas I've put in the tank (starting with first fill-up) it comes out to 49 MPG. That is high because it doesn't include charging.
post #39 of 45 (permalink) Old 05-23-2017, 05:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vossman77 View Post
They had the Fiat 500e, but the Chrysler CEO was actively trying to not sell it.

The 500e was not a hybrid: Solely Electric.

Last edited by onthefence; 05-23-2017 at 05:23 PM.
post #40 of 45 (permalink) Old 05-25-2017, 09:05 AM

One rumor, there is an issue with the batteries.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page