Any luck negotiating on 2018 Limited Hybrid? - Page 2 - 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums
 52Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 276 (permalink) Old 10-31-2017, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAHybrid View Post
we now have a car we love parked in our driveway!
That's the key point for me. People get way too worked up about how cheaply they were able to buy into what is essentially a terrible investment (a new car). We are all here because the Pacifica is a great thing to have. I'm delighted to have 'wasted' a ton of money on a Pacifica Hybrid
seo68 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 276 (permalink) Old 10-31-2017, 07:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pachyderm View Post
That's the key point for me. People get way too worked up about how cheaply they were able to buy into what is essentially a terrible investment (a new car). We are all here because the Pacifica is a great thing to have. I'm delighted to have 'wasted' a ton of money on a Pacifica Hybrid
Congratulations! I am truly glad that you feel that Pacifica deserves full MSRP, and you are delighted for having paid that much! You might want to share this joy in "General Discussion" forum because it appears you overlooked that this specific thread is about whether you were able to negotiate a price below MSRP.
post #13 of 276 (permalink) Old 10-31-2017, 07:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranchobee View Post
Try SOUTH COUNTY CHRYSLER DODGE JEEP RAM FIAT in Gilroy.
I got one last 10/22 for 44,580 (48,580-4k under MSRP) with sunroof and 18" wheels.
Their dealer discount is back. Please check.
www southcountychryslerjeepdodge com
Thanks a lot! This indeed worked!

Just be aware that not all 2018 Hybrid models with $4K discount advertised on their web-site are indeed available. I spoke on the phone, confirmed availability, and on half way of driving they called me and told me that they "learned just a minute ago" that 2018 Hybrid Limited w/o sunroof that I wanted was already taken. I asked to call me when they would have another one available. They called 5 minutes later, and offered the same model but w/ sunroof. So the bottom line is that they are honoring the advertised price, but do not guarantee the availability until you actually come to the dealership and sign the contract, even if the car is still in transit. The processing went quite fast, so I highly recommend them.
dmacman likes this.

Last edited by michaelt; 10-31-2017 at 07:24 PM.

post #14 of 276 (permalink) Old 11-01-2017, 01:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelt View Post
Congratulations! I am truly glad that you feel that Pacifica deserves full MSRP, and you are delighted for having paid that much! You might want to share this joy in "General Discussion" forum because it appears you overlooked that this specific thread is about whether you were able to negotiate a price below MSRP.
I'm pretty sure I did this right, but admin - if you want to move my post to another section please feel free to do so.

The person who started the thread let us know that they bought a PacHy and I'm congratulating them on the purchase of a vehicle that they 'love' even if they didn't get an earth-shaking discount. Seems to me that the best place to wish them well is in the thread that they've created.
post #15 of 276 (permalink) Old 11-02-2017, 06:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00seven View Post
Can folks also note where they are getting these quotes? I'm assuming this is highly region based. I haven't seen anything more than $1500 in the bay area, california.
$2500 off MSRP was in Iowa near the end of October. I tried to do a $3000 off MSRP deal with a local dealer in Kansas City, but they were unable to get a car in on dealer trade, so I'm still shopping. Hopefully some more inventory comes in and I can get a good deal by the end of November.
post #16 of 276 (permalink) Old 11-03-2017, 09:52 AM

Are these just dealers hitting a volume target? The line I've gotten in every conversation I've had is that they have no margin on this (probably not literally true, but surely less margin than gas models) and that since there are no FCA rebate incentives, they won't negotiate. The usual, "it kills me that I can't offer you a lower price".
post #17 of 276 (permalink) Old 11-03-2017, 03:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vehickle View Post
Are these just dealers hitting a volume target? The line I've gotten in every conversation I've had is that they have no margin on this (probably not literally true, but surely less margin than gas models) and that since there are no FCA rebate incentives, they won't negotiate. The usual, "it kills me that I can't offer you a lower price".
Essentially yes. Because I didn't get a deal done before the end of the month, the dealers that still have one have said flat out they can't do the same deal they offered about 1 week ago. There are only 2 Limited Hybrids within 150 miles of me at this time so I'll wait for new stock and try again at the end of November. I had exactly one dealer quote me MSRP out of the 8 that I shopped back on October 25th. The rest came in below in varying amounts. I got the 3k off offer by promising to finance with the dealer, so that way they make some money on dealer reserve from the finance company. I'm in a position that I could refinance or pay it off so that allows me one extra card to get a better deal. The invoice price is just a few hundred or so below MSRP so they'll need to dip into holdback to make any profit on the sale itself. They can be more willing to do that at the end of the month if they are on the cusp of making a sales threshold. If the dealer thinks they will sell the car anyway without giving you a great deal in the beginning of the month, then they'll wait. The flip side is that there aren't many available so that's working against us. If the tax credit disappears they'll be loads of Pacifica Hybrids on the lots next year.
post #18 of 276 (permalink) Old 11-05-2017, 10:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelt View Post
Thanks a lot! This indeed worked!

Just be aware that not all 2018 Hybrid models with $4K discount advertised on their web-site are indeed available. I spoke on the phone, confirmed availability, and on half way of driving they called me and told me that they "learned just a minute ago" that 2018 Hybrid Limited w/o sunroof that I wanted was already taken. I asked to call me when they would have another one available. They called 5 minutes later, and offered the same model but w/ sunroof. So the bottom line is that they are honoring the advertised price, but do not guarantee the availability until you actually come to the dealership and sign the contract, even if the car is still in transit. The processing went quite fast, so I highly recommend them.
We also went to South Bay and got $4k off of a 2018 limited. They gave out-the-door pricing over email that was accurate, and were very fast and efficient in the transaction. Other than requiring $10k be financed at 4.9% and some extended warranty pressure, it was painless. Based on their online site, I think I got the last limited, though.
post #19 of 276 (permalink) Old 11-06-2017, 03:34 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by stop-eject View Post
If you are not too far south, you can get one from MD. The "doc fees" here are also lower, which will help with the OTD price.
Where in MD?
post #20 of 276 (permalink) Old 11-06-2017, 07:47 PM

Garage
Owings Mills
dannunes likes this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page