Texas Tax Rebate - Page 3 - 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums
 3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-23-2018, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blhx View Post
Has anyone ever tried to get this rebate before? I am curious how the rebate will be sent. Check?

I seem to be eligible since I purchased in January 2018.
I think you are referring to the tax incentive, you don't get anything back you can take it off your taxes (if your vehicle is eligible)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-23-2018, 03:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rparker06 View Post
I think you are referring to the tax incentive, you don't get anything back you can take it off your taxes (if your vehicle is eligible)

The Texas rebate isn't really a tax rebate. It's actually a grant from the Texas Commission on Environmental Quality (TCEQ) intended to incentivize purchases/leases of cleaner vehicles. You do get a check. I did anyway - after some back-and-forth with the bureaucracy over my proof of purchase (I think I was one of the earliest and they updated their procedures as a result). The grant money is considered taxable income on your Federal taxes btw.
Old 10-23-2018, 11:21 PM

Quote:
Anyone get their $2500 rebate check yet for a Pacifica PHEV? I was curious about how long it takes to receive the rebate?

Also, did you have to get the dealership owner to sign the form or just a sales manager?
Yes, about a month. Just the sales manager or finance person. Don't forget fill out 2 forms and mail both forms.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2018 Chrysler Pacifica Hybrid Touring Plus
2019 Nissan Leaf SL 40kWh

Old 10-26-2018, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by triggerhappy007 View Post
Yes, about a month. Just the sales manager or finance person. Don't forget fill out 2 forms and mail both forms.
Thanks. The finance manager signed 2 copies and I mailed them away. I will post here if/when I receive the check.

I also had to include copies of the purchase order and finance agreement which were both carbon copies that were very long. Very difficult to make a copy of those.

2018 Chrysler Pacifica Hybrid Limited Granite/Alloy
Old 10-26-2018, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwpac View Post
The Texas rebate isn't really a tax rebate. It's actually a grant from the Texas Commission on Environmental Quality (TCEQ) intended to incentivize purchases/leases of cleaner vehicles. You do get a check. I did anyway - after some back-and-forth with the bureaucracy over my proof of purchase (I think I was one of the earliest and they updated their procedures as a result). The grant money is considered taxable income on your Federal taxes btw.
Can you give some more details on the proof of purchase issue you faced? That was to most convoluted part of the instructions because it seems there are no standard forms for car purchases in Texas.

Old 10-26-2018, 02:06 PM

Here is a summary of the requirements just in case anyone was curious. I had to send in 2 copies of 11 pages of documentation.

Application Deadline:
This application form is only valid for the application period ending May 31, 2019 or subsequent end date if the application period is
extended. Applications are selected for funding on a first-come, first-served basis. Only one vehicle is allowed per application. Separate
applications are required for each additional vehicle.
How to Submit an Application:
If you have questions on how to fill out this form or about the LDPLIP, please contact us at 1-800-919-TERP (8377).
1. Complete this application and print all required pages single-sided.
2. Print all required attachments single-sided.
3. Submit two (2) copies (must have original signatures) of all the completed application forms to:

Here is a list of the required forms and attachments:

1. Signature Pages
Below is a list of all the pages that require a signature. Signature pages must include original signatures in signature blocks. No photocopies,
faxes, scanned copies, or other copies of required signatures will be accepted. If a signature page is missing or has been altered, the
application will not be considered.

Form 1 - Application, Contract, and Payment Approval
Form 3 - New Vehicle Information (Dealer/Lessor Representative Signature)
Form 4 - Certification of Eligibility to Receive a State-Funded Grant (Applicant/PERFORMING PARTY)

2. Required Attachments for ALL Applications

Include W-9 Form (Request for Taxpayer Identification Number and Certification Form)
https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/fw9.pdf
Include General Certification Forms 2a and 2b
A copy of a completed purchase/lease agreement signed by the buyer and seller (All pages must be included).
NOTE: A Buyer’s Orders may be accepted in lieu of a purchase/lease agreement so long as it is signed by both the buyer and
seller and submitted along with one of the following documents:
- A copy of a canceled check (front & back) showing payment in full; or
- A finance agreement with a financial institution that indicates the purchase or lease date, the VIN # and the loan amount; or
- A retail installment contract signed by the financial institution and the buyer.
CNG/LPG applicants must also provide:
- A copy of the conversion invoice from the conversion company listing the engine family codes for the OEM and the converted
engine for each vehicle submitted; or
- A photo of the engine plate/EPA certification sticker showing the engine family codes for the OEM and the converted engine; and
- Proof of payment for the conversion system if conversion was not a part of a flow through process.
Applicants must also submit one of the following documents verifying Texas Title and Registration:
- Copies of current title and registration documents; or
- Receipt of Application for Texas Title and Registration issued by the Texas Department of Motor Vehicles; or
- Copy of a completed Application for Texas Title and Registration signed by both the buyer and the seller.
Photocopy of a state or federal identification card i.e. driver's license (If applying as an individual or sole proprietor)

Old 01-03-2019, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Thanks. The finance manager signed 2 copies and I mailed them away. I will post here if/when I receive the check.

I also had to include copies of the purchase order and finance agreement which were both carbon copies that were very long. Very difficult to make a copy of those.
I received my rebate check December 15th along with a letter that said this program was very popular and checks may be delayed up to 90 days.

Old 03-18-2019, 02:57 PM

We bought ours with an eye toward the Texas rebate. As of this morning, 128 rebates were remaining. It was a bit of a pain to get all the forms together, but I Priority Mail'ed it to Austin arriving today.

For those who have applied for this, how long does the entire process take? Do you get updates or confirmation that it was received/being processed/completed?

2019 Pacifica S Hybrid Limited - Brilliant Black, all options
2016 Dodge// Charger R/T Scat Pack - B5 Blue
Old 03-18-2019, 02:59 PM

Plan for 30-45 days with no updates. You can call or email them to ask but don't expect a response quickly.
Johnnyma45 likes this.
Old 03-19-2019, 12:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnnyma45 View Post
We bought ours with an eye toward the Texas rebate. As of this morning, 128 rebates were remaining. It was a bit of a pain to get all the forms together, but I Priority Mail'ed it to Austin arriving today.

For those who have applied for this, how long does the entire process take? Do you get updates or confirmation that it was received/being processed/completed?
Expect about 2 months to get your award notification, then up to 90 more days to get your $2500 check. You will be taxed on the $2500 like it was income.
Johnnyma45 likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2018 Chrysler Pacifica Hybrid Touring Plus
2019 Nissan Leaf SL 40kWh

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in