Discounted EZ Pass? - 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums
 2Likes
  • 1 Post By shawnee
  • 1 Post By generaltso

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-26-2018, 11:07 AM Thread Starter

Discounted EZ Pass?

I see that EZ Pass offers some "green" discounts. In NJ, the EZPass website says:

"Enrolled E-ZPass customers will receive a discount off the full fare off-peak toll on the New Jersey Turnpike and Garden State Parkway. Vehicles that obtain at least 45 miles per gallon and meet the California Super Ultra Low Emission Vehicle (SULEV) standard are eligible for the discount."

Has anyone tried to get something like this for the PacHy? I assume that because the stated mpg is 32, that it wouldn't meet their requirements.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-26-2018, 05:07 PM
Tiz

In PA the use of EZ Pass incurs an automatic discount on tolls vs. paying with cash since no toll taker is involved. The fewer toll takers needed, the less payroll and related expenses are involved. The discount encourages the use of EZ Pass. There is really no excuse for not having EZ Pass it's convenient, fast and saves the user money.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-08-2018, 07:30 AM

NJ Registration and EZ Pass question

Hello everyone. We just bought a 2018 Pacifica. I picked up the registration and the plates from the dealer yesterday, and I noticed that it does not say anywhere on the registration that it is a hybrid vehicle. Should it? I'm wondering if they made a mistake.

We live in Hoboken, NJ, and have always had NY EZpass for our cars, and I'm thinking we should switch to NJ EZpass (and I'd like to get the GreenPass discount for Hybrid cars). Does anyone here know whether you can get the GreenPass Discount on the tunnels/bridges into NYC if you have a NJ EZpass account?

Thank you for any help you can offer.

Amy

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-08-2018, 08:02 AM

Did you ever try to get the Green Pass Discount for EZ Pass in NJ?
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-08-2018, 08:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zekes_Mom View Post
Hello everyone. We just bought a 2018 Pacifica. I picked up the registration and the plates from the dealer yesterday, and I noticed that it does not say anywhere on the registration that it is a hybrid vehicle. Should it? I'm wondering if they made a mistake.

We live in Hoboken, NJ, and have always had NY EZpass for our cars, and I'm thinking we should switch to NJ EZpass (and I'd like to get the GreenPass discount for Hybrid cars). Does anyone here know whether you can get the GreenPass Discount on the tunnels/bridges into NYC if you have a NJ EZpass account?

Thank you for any help you can offer.

Amy
Both NY and NJ offer the same Port Authority Green Pass Discount Plan which covers the bridges and tunnels going into NYC. You do not need to switch to the NJ E-Z Pass but you do need to fill out a form that is available on the E-Z Pass website.

I can't answer your question about the registration.
Zekes_Mom likes this.

2017 Pacifica Limited (built May 2016)
Vacuum delete, KeySense and Tow
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-08-2018, 02:50 PM

According to

https://www.ezpassnj.com/en/about/plans.shtml

the Turnpike's requirement is

Enrolled E-ZPass customers will receive a discount off the full fare off-peak toll on the New Jersey Turnpike and Garden State Parkway. Vehicles that obtain at least 45 miles per gallon and meet the California Super Ultra Low Emission Vehicle (SULEV) standard are eligible for the discount. To enroll in the plan the customer must submit a request in writing along with proof of eligibility (a copy of vehicle registration) to.....

Is the Pachy on SULEV list? Then you could work on MPG vs. MPGe

It probably also has to be a NJ issued E-Z Pass.

2017 Pacifica Touring L Plus
Build date Oct 2016 - Delivered 11/30/16
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-08-2018, 03:24 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Did you ever try to get the Green Pass Discount for EZ Pass in NJ?
Hi Zekes_Mom. Iíve merged your thread with this existing one on the topic.
irpilot likes this.

2017 Pacifica Limited - Molten Silver/Mocha
8 Pax - Vac - SafetyTec - UConnect Theater & Sound
20" Wheels - Tow - KeySense - Splash Guards

2018 Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV GT
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-13-2019, 09:08 PM

I applied for the NJ Green Pass plan, and was approved, so I should start getting my discount on my tolls.

Amy
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-14-2019, 11:48 AM

Quote:

Amy
That's what the VIN is for when you register, THEY will know...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in