Will the 2019 still be eligible for the federal tax incentive? - 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums
 2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-09-2018, 10:16 PM Thread Starter

Will the 2019 still be eligible for the federal tax incentive?

We have decided on the Limited Hybrid. But want to wait to order the 2019 because we want the memory seats and possible S Appearance package. Will the tax credit still be available if we wait a few months for the 2019? Or will we be taking a gamble and should just get the 2018?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-10-2018, 09:12 AM

I'm the same situation and there doesn't seem to be any reason why you wouldn't get the tax credit, especially if you take delivery before December 31st. The tax credit for 2018 seems to be assured. In addition, Chrysler is nowhere near 200,000 electric vehicles sold, so that's not a consideration for 2018 either. I'm planning on taking delivery before the end of the year to get the credit as well.
tbier likes this.
Old 07-13-2018, 09:56 AM

I'm also waiting for the 2019 Hybrid Touring L with 'S' package. I believe the law says the credit is not available once a brand delivers 200,000 cars. Tesla just reached that limit. I haven't read anywhere that it will be over by 2018

Old 07-13-2018, 10:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by XTKXTK View Post
We have decided on the Limited Hybrid. But want to wait to order the 2019 because we want the memory seats and possible S Appearance package. Will the tax credit still be available if we wait a few months for the 2019? Or will we be taking a gamble and should just get the 2018?
Even Nissan, who has sold the Leaf for a number of years, is still like ~110k sales away. Even with the 62k sales to Waymo, FCA is WAY far away. Last I checked they had ~170k vehicle sales before hitting the tax credit limit.
Old 09-18-2018, 12:01 AM

Has anyone actually ordered and/or gotten a 2019 hybrid Pacifica? We've gone down a major rabbit hole today trying to figure this out for a custom order and no one can give us a straight answer about when production will begin. If it floats into 2019, we're not sure what the available tax credits will be so it's a bit of a gamble. Thoughts?
Old 09-18-2018, 08:47 AM

Last year, they started taking orders for the next model year in Aug/Sep. I think the first delivery was late Oct. I doubt manufacturing will be delayed into 2019.

Regardless the US tax credit is for the first 200K vehicles produced by a manufacturer. Chrysler is nowhere close to this yet. (Tesla is the first manufacturer to hit the number, primarily that's because they only produce electric vehicles, and it took them 5 years to reach the limit.) However, it also takes the IRS a while to get the new model years onto their list, so don't panic just because 2017 and 2018 is listed and 2019 isn't. I don't think their list included 2018 until springtime.
nyxvan likes this.

2017 Jazz Blue Pacifica Hybrid Platinum
Old 09-20-2018, 01:48 AM

Yeah, the only risk of buying a PacHy in 2019 is if politicians decide to repeal the Federal EV credit sometime between now and EOY 2019. Seems unlikely, but I'd either buy a PacHy this year ('19 or '18), or wait until fall of '19 and see how politics and the credit is doing at that point.

2017 Gas Touring L, Curt hitch, 13" aftermarket overhead screen
2018 Limited PacHy, Curt hitch, Weathertech, B1W hardwired dashcam
2019 Limited S PacHy, Drawtite hitch, Weathertech, B1W hardwired dashcam
Old 10-15-2018, 10:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennworldwide View Post
Has anyone actually ordered and/or gotten a 2019 hybrid Pacifica? We've gone down a major rabbit hole today trying to figure this out for a custom order and no one can give us a straight answer about when production will begin. If it floats into 2019, we're not sure what the available tax credits will be so it's a bit of a gamble. Thoughts?
We ordered a 2019 in August, iirc. As of today it's in JB status. Built, passed QC, to the upfitter for ??? I hope to see it in about a month.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 10-24-2018, 03:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennworldwide View Post
I ordered My 2019 Pacifica Hybrid Limited with S package on July 25. I just received a call from the dealer that it has shipped. I will see it in about 2 weeks.
Old 11-08-2018, 08:17 AM

Ordered my 2019 PacHy limited S with saftey and sunroof on 9/15. Picking it up today (sorry, not sorry I beat you getcgetc )!
Also there are a couple of bills floating around congress looking to mess with the $7500 tax credit. One positive (get rid of the 200k limit on manufacturers) and one negative (get rid of the credit all together)!
I'm glad I'm getting my credit in the spring when I file my return.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in