19 PacHy pricing info READ THIS!!!! - Page 2 - 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums
 11Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-02-2019, 09:16 PM

Bought a fully loaded 2019 PacHy Ltd MSRP 49K for $1000 rebate + $3200 Delaer discount + TTL.
Interesting that the $1000 rebate ended Feb 28th. Doesn't show up for March 1st!
For once waiting was not a good option especially as the Texas $2500 is nearing full subscription (263 remaining as of now).

Effectively $7500 + $1800 ($2500 TX rebate - fed Income [email protected]%) + $3200 + $1000 = $13,500 price reduction

My fully loaded PacHy comes out to be appx $41K landed (includes the 7 year 75K service plan -- Yes I got sucked in, they need to make a living!)

Anyone else bought a PacHy and wants to share numbers?
triggerhappy007 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-03-2019, 03:23 PM

I'm on the hunt for my first PacHy. Found a 2018 Limited about 50 miles away advertised under $35k. Seems too good to be true, but maybe they are desperately trying to clear out the '18s? Going to check it out this week. Anything I should be wary of? TIA.
post #13 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-03-2019, 08:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Togsu View Post
I'm on the hunt for my first PacHy. Found a 2018 Limited about 50 miles away advertised under $35k. Seems too good to be true, but maybe they are desperately trying to clear out the '18s? Going to check it out this week. Anything I should be wary of? TIA.
They may be including the $7500 tax credit in the advertised price.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk
dotbot and sjambok like this.

post #14 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-04-2019, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PVD04 View Post
They may be including the $7500 tax credit in the advertised price.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk
Yeah, some dealers are very bad about including the federal income tax credit in their pricing. What's worse is that FCA seems to actively encourage this kind of malarkey.

'18 PacHy Ltd, red/alloy, 18" whls, roof, AST
post #15 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-07-2019, 10:42 PM

After being stranded twice over the past few months in my 1999 Town & Country Limited with fuel system problems, I figured it was time for a new car.

My lovely wife got a Tesla Model-3 last summer, but I need a bigger car, so I figured a Pacifica Hybrid would fit the bill -- but my Town & Country had all-wheel drive, and I live on a hill with steep roads so I was holding out for a fabled AWD version of the Pacifica Hybrid. Finally, on a Saturday in mid-February, I went through Consumer Reports' no-obligation auto-buying service (which is actually TrueCar) and entered the info for the Buddhist Zen version of the 2019 Pacifica Hybrid Limited ("make me one with everything"). Got emails from three dealers, one local and two out in the boonies, and the local dealer offered $3500 off sticker (including the $1k Chrysler rebate). We drove to that dealer and quickly found out that the car they offered was actually ordered for someone and just picked up (I guess they were going to let me test-drive it and order another). Kind of annoying watching the poor guy poke at his computer, trying to figure out where the car actually was.

Disappointed, we drove to another larger dealer in town that wasn't part of TrueCar -- the dealer that used to service my T&C (I bought that at a small dealer 100 miles away via email in 1998). This dealer had two Hybrid Limited on the lot with everything I asked for except the S appearance package -- they were still black, had 20 miles on them and looked great. After a test drive, we sat down, and I showed them the TrueCar email with $3500 off and asked if they'd match it. He went away for about 10 minutes, came back and said "sure". Of course, that was followed up with a visit to the "financing office". I already had everything set up with my credit union from the last time my T&C stranded me, and the finance guy said if I'd switch to their financing through some other credit union that I'd never heard of at 4%, they'd give me $500 in cash. My rate is 3%, and he said I could still refinance next week -- my credit union would still treat it as a new car loan. I thought this sounded really hinky so I refused -- he then upped the offer to $750. Still said no. Then he said that my credit union does not allow them to add on an extended warranty, which I think might be the root of why he was trying to get me to switch. (I later ask my credit union about that and they said there's no such restriction, but upping the financed amount to include a EW could be a problem for someone at the edge of their pre-approved amount -- I wasn't anywhere near it.) The funny thing is, knowing Chryslers, I actually did want an EW, but I believe Chrysler's is 5 years/60,000 miles for $3k (I'm sure that's negotiable). The credit union offered a 100,000 mile/8 year bumper-to-bumper warranty (with a few exclusions like shocks but full electronics coverage) for $1800, so I took that. Just hope the company (something like "Route66") stays in business. If anyone knows anything about this company, I'm still within my cancellation period -- please comment. I've had good luck with EWs in the past, including on my T&C -- got a new transmission shortly after the Chrysler warranty ended, and with the complexity of the hybrid, I figured it might be worth it.

Anyway, I bought the car on a a Saturday, and they let me take it in exchange for a promise to bring the check Tuesday, which I did. So that's my purchase story. $3500 off for one with everything except the S appearance package. (Actually, I was surprised that the theatre system is now included as standard in the Limited -- the SafetyTek and sunroof was really the only add-on as I didn't want the bigger wheels without the S package.)

After enjoying a $7500 tax credit for last year's Tesla purchase, I'm looking forward to another $7500 next year. I also did the convoluted paperwork for the Texas $2500 plug-in hybrid rebate, which requires two copies including pages signed by the dealer (they acted really confused about what I was asking them to sign--duh). Someone here mentioned that they're almost out of money, so I'd better follow up on that.

I do have to report that the check engine light came on at the end of the first week and it intermittently went in and out of turtle limp mode. While that was disappointing, it turned out that a clamp hadn't been properly secured to the coolant pump, so coolant was leaking out and I couldn't see it because the car bottom is covered with a shell, so it all accumulated in there. They gave me a loaner and fixed the problem -- everything has been perfect since then. I drive 11 miles each way to work and usually make it there and back with a bit of power to spare (much of the drive is at 70-75 mph, which isn't ideal for regenerative braking). In three weeks, I've used just over 1/8 of a tank of gas -- hope I don't run into the "stale gas" problem others have discussed here.

Sorry for the overlong intro -- I hope to learn a lot here about the car by reading other posts.
snorth and RC Mike like this.

Last edited by InvaderZim; 03-07-2019 at 10:50 PM.
post #16 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-10-2019, 12:38 AM

Got an offer for 48,500 for a 19' fully loaded limited in SC... MSRP is $50,625. Good deal or no? Seeing most people reporting average of $3k off MSRP. How much more you think I could push for if financed through the dealer vs financing on my own vs cash?
post #17 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-10-2019, 09:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tangfj View Post
Got an offer for 48,500 for a 19' fully loaded limited in SC... MSRP is $50,625. Good deal or no? Seeing most people reporting average of $3k off MSRP. How much more you think I could push for if financed through the dealer vs financing on my own vs cash?
Ordered 2019 PacHy on 12/06. Arrived on 1/04.

2019 PacHy Limited
S package
Safety Package
Pany Roof

MSRP was 50,325 or something to right about that off the top of my head.
I got it for 46,999 + standard tax, title and registration

2019 PacHy Limited
Ocean Blue "S"
Safety pack
Pany Roof
post #18 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-10-2019, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tangfj View Post
Maybe good in your area, but if you expand your search area to VA or FL, they are selling for $6000 off MSRP. Check out cars.com and CarGurus.com.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2018 Chrysler Pacifica Hybrid Touring Plus
2019 Nissan Leaf SL 40kWh

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in