Latest Ontario rebate bs - 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 01-07-2019, 05:24 PM Thread Starter

Latest Ontario rebate bs

It's no wonder the dealers didn't want to deal with the rebate.

If I get this rebate this year that I filed last July, I will be surprised.

Code:
At this time, the Ministry of Transportation doesn’t have any individual updates on the status of the rebates.
Below is the response received by MTO:
We are aware that there is currently a large backlog of rebate applications under the Electric and Hydrogen Vehicle Incentive Program (EHVIP) that have yet to be processed.
To address this, we will be taking the following key actions:
1)****Consolidating the processing of all applications within the Ministry of Transportation (MTO).
·*********MTO is also undertaking a process review to identify any further efficiencies.
2)****We will be hiring additional temporary resources to facilitate the processing of backlogged applications.
3)****In order to support the timely processing of all applications, we are also developing a ‘How To’ guide to provide clear information to individuals filling out the application form so that applications submitted are complete.
·*********This guide will become available in December 2018 on the Ministry’s EHVIP website.
·*********Submitting complete applications reduces the number of follow ups required with the applicant, which therefore reduces overall application processing times.
MTO’s goal is to complete processing of all received applications by Spring 2019
Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk

2018 Pacifica Hybrid Touring L - ruby red

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 01-07-2019, 08:32 PM

That's old information and I'm sure you're aware the program has been cancelled. At this time they are only proceeding with applications filed on time for vehicles which were delivered before the deadline.

If this was text sent back to you from an email inquiry to your application it appears to be a copy and paste answer. I got similar when I had asked for info on my claim after a few months, but all they could do was confirm my application was received.

The text you copied says right in it that how-to guides will be posted to aid in applications in Dec 2018. That's 1 year ago, which means this text is older than that. The changed outline in this text were to help reduce the backlog and improve efficiencies from prior years for 2018... Until Ford cancelled the program.

I used that guide myself and filed my application in Feb 2018. My vehicle rebate was received in a hair over a month.

My level 2 charger installation was not completed until May. I filed for my application as soon as I got the ESA inspection report later that month. It took 6 months to get this rebate due to the spike in applications as the program was closing.

Admin resources may have also been cut as the program was cancelled, further increasing any wait times.

Last line in the text says goal to have all valid applications completed is spring 2019. The closer you're application was to the end of the program the closer to spring you will be. It could be early spring, late spring, or even be a moving target. But any valid application will be paid out.

2018 Pacifica Hybrid - In Canada Eh!
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-21-2019, 02:08 PM Thread Starter

I still haven't received anything, even though I asked my mpp to check. Didn't think it would have any effect.

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk

2018 Pacifica Hybrid Touring L - ruby red

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page