Not many PacHy's in stock - Page 2 - 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums
 17Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 44 (permalink) Old 03-19-2019, 08:51 AM Thread Starter

I was waiting for HID's but then decided to order a '19 without them. I don't do much rural driving anymore so I'm hoping I'll be OK without them.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 44 (permalink) Old 03-19-2019, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnnyma45 View Post
It's an easy access function available for memory seats - when you shut the car off, it slides the seats back automatically for easy exit. When you start it, it goes back to where you last had it. Really neat.
Close, that's the "Easy Entry/Exit" feature. "Auto Advance 'n' Return" is where you can press a button on the B-pillar to move either front seat all the way forward to ease access to the middle row, then press it again to move the seat back to normal. I find it useful for installing car seats or removing/reinstalling middle row seats.
Johnnyma45 likes this.
post #13 of 44 (permalink) Old 03-19-2019, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arteitle View Post
Close, that's the "Easy Entry/Exit" feature. "Auto Advance 'n' Return" is where you can press a button on the B-pillar to move either front seat all the way forward to ease access to the middle row, then press it again to move the seat back to normal. I find it useful for installing car seats or removing/reinstalling middle row seats.
Curses, foiled by FCA Marketing-speak. Thanks

Same, I love both. I like using AAnR for when my kids climb into their car seats, especially since the EE/E feature backs up my driver's seat all the way back.

2019 Pacifica S Hybrid Limited - Brilliant Black, all options
2016 Dodge// Charger R/T Scat Pack - B5 Blue

post #14 of 44 (permalink) Old 03-19-2019, 01:12 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by arteitle View Post
I thought that feature was available only on the gas vans to help with the middle seat stowage. It doesn't seem to have much practical use on Pachy.

*** 2019 Hybrid Limited ***
post #15 of 44 (permalink) Old 03-19-2019, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stop-eject View Post
I thought that feature was available only on the gas vans to help with the middle seat stowage. It doesn't seem to have much practical use on Pachy.
It's not only on the non-hybrid, and it is useful, at least to me.
stop-eject likes this.
post #16 of 44 (permalink) Old 03-20-2019, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stop-eject View Post
The middle seat in he hybrid sits a little bit forward of where it does in the gasser. When you have car seats in the middle row, its very difficult for an adult to get into the rear seats. I end up manually sliding a seat forward and then backwards in my '17 to let people in and out. When we had a rental gasser, it was surprsing how much more room there was between the first and second rows.

I really wish I had this feature.
Cornfield and stop-eject like this.
post #17 of 44 (permalink) Old 03-21-2019, 06:57 PM

I had a hard time finding a good deal in downstate Illinois so I found one at a dealership in California, had it professionally shipped and still came out $2500 ahead of the best deal in the state! They have tons of them in Cali!
post #18 of 44 (permalink) Old 03-21-2019, 11:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cornfield View Post
I've noticed that Illinois Chrysler dealers really don't have many PacHy's in stock. They have a full rainbow assortment of gas powered Pacifica's but not many Hybrids.
It's not as though they are pre-selling them and just delivering them when they arrive. Is it a lack of profitability? Are they difficult to maintain in inventory? Is there a lack of interest by vehicle shoppers?
I think there are a few factors going on. First, many people donít want to give up the Stow-&-Go second row seats which is a huge feature of the Pacifica. Second, this is a PHEV and a big benefit to that is plugging it in and getting up 32 miles on electricity alone, but many folks either donít have that convenience of a plug nearby or just donít want to bother. Thirdly, here in California most of our electricity is from ďcleanĒ sources (hydro-electricity), not so in many other areas in the east and mid-west. And the consumer cost, while not cheap, is often less than other parts of the country.

BTW; I just checked the dealer nearby us where I got my gas 2017 Pacifica Limited and they currently have 9 PHEVs in stock (Tuttle-Click Chrysler in Irvine, CA - Orange County). But then we are a huge target market for EVs and PHEVs. Teslas and EVs in general are very common here.
post #19 of 44 (permalink) Old 03-22-2019, 08:52 AM

Here in the Minneapolis area there are only a handful of Hybrids in stock, none of which are priced very well. I think itís likely that Iíll end up traveling out east to buy one.
post #20 of 44 (permalink) Old 03-22-2019, 11:16 AM

Take away the government subsidies and see how many are available then. Probably a lot. Or just wait 10 years from now and you will be able to buy a used one for $1,000.

2018 Chrysler Pacifica L
Exterior: Velvet Red Pearlcoat
Interior: Toffee/Cognac/Alloy

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page