Not many PacHy's in stock - Page 3 - 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums
 17Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 44 (permalink) Old 03-22-2019, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnnyma45 View Post
I wonder why they continue to piece-meal options to the Hybrid. My work fleet got a '17 Hybrid when they came out, fully optioned and I was shocked that there was no memory seats and Homelink. It took two model years for both of those to appear. Still no HIDs.
I would guess this is a by-product of the PacHy using the strippo Pacifica 'L' as its basis (as was stated by the PacHy chief engineer in a podcast video). It would go a long way to understanding the inexplicable absence of things that are standard on the gas models (particularly the Limited).

Unfortunately, the engineer did not state the 'reason' the PacHy is based off the Pacifica 'L'. I'm going to guess it's due to the basic architecture of the 'L', i.e., the absence of Stow n'Go seating on that model (the 'L' has a bench middle seat). It's just simply much easier to convert a non-Stow n'Go Pacifica to a PHEV than one of the higher-trim models. But the trade-off is some of the included features of the upper-trim models end up going missing, too.
Cornfield and Johnnyma45 like this.

'18 PacHy Ltd, red/alloy, 18" whls, roof, AST
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 44 (permalink) Old 03-22-2019, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudiger View Post
I would guess this is a by-product of the PacHy using the strippo Pacifica 'L' as its basis (as was stated by the PacHy chief engineer in a podcast video). It would go a long way to understanding the inexplicable absence of things that are standard on the gas models (particularly the Limited).

Unfortunately, the engineer did not state the 'reason' the PacHy is based off the Pacifica 'L'. I'm going to guess it's due to the basic architecture of the 'L', i.e., the absence of Stow n'Go seating on that model (the 'L' has a bench middle seat). It's just simply much easier to convert a non-Stow n'Go Pacifica to a PHEV than one of the higher-trim models. But the trade-off is some of the included features of the upper-trim models end up going missing, too.

Of course someone has to pay for the price of the battery isnít it. The only other thing different from the gas version is the transmission. With engine being the same, itís going to be very difficult for them to price both models the same.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2018 Gas Pacifica Limited, Jazz blue with Alloy interior
8 Seater, Uconnect theater HK sound, Trailer tow package.
post #23 of 44 (permalink) Old 03-22-2019, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fdmille View Post
Or just wait 10 years from now and you will be able to buy a used one for $1,000.

I will not dispute this statement since the battery tech is evolving rapidly and who knows in 10 years the ďnormal ď range for an EV may be well over 1000 miles. (Okay just hoping..... ). Of course all of our current cars (hybrids or gassers) can be had for $1000 then. .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Cornfield likes this.

2018 Gas Pacifica Limited, Jazz blue with Alloy interior
8 Seater, Uconnect theater HK sound, Trailer tow package.

post #24 of 44 (permalink) Old 03-22-2019, 09:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudiger View Post

This makes a lot of sense. Watch, next MY the Xenons will be available. Year after that, probably 20in wheels or the vacuum.

2019 Pacifica S Hybrid Limited - Brilliant Black, all options
2016 Dodge// Charger R/T Scat Pack - B5 Blue
post #25 of 44 (permalink) Old 03-22-2019, 09:41 PM

Garage
The 12v battery takes place of the vacuum, no way they can get it in. HIDs is another story, they might finally include them. I also wish they would add all internal lights from the gas Limited. I thought about retrofitting them and check the harnesses. They had no wires or connectors for the absent lamps.

*** 2019 Hybrid Limited ***
post #26 of 44 (permalink) Old 03-23-2019, 01:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cornfield View Post
I've noticed that Illinois Chrysler dealers really don't have many PacHy's in stock. They have a full rainbow assortment of gas powered Pacifica's but not many Hybrids.
It's not as though they are pre-selling them and just delivering them when they arrive. Is it a lack of profitability? Are they difficult to maintain in inventory? Is there a lack of interest by vehicle shoppers?
I live in the San Francisco Bay Area. I just checked the inventory on my dealership's website. 22 ICE Pacificas. 24 Pacifica Hybrids. Regarding Pacificas in the wild, I see more Hybrids than ICE's.

Can't think of any place in the U.S. where these observations would be more likely. Pretty sure you'll also see more Teslas here than anywhere else in the world.

2018 Pacifica Hybrid Limited
Ext: Granite / Int: Alloy
Tri-Pane Panoramic Sunroof
Advanced Safety Tech Group
post #27 of 44 (permalink) Old 03-23-2019, 03:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benps View Post
I live in the San Francisco Bay Area. I just checked the inventory on my dealership's website. 22 ICE Pacificas. 24 Pacifica Hybrids. Regarding Pacificas in the wild, I see more Hybrids than ICE's.

Can't think of any place in the U.S. where these observations would be more likely. Pretty sure you'll also see more Teslas here than anywhere else in the world.
Seems like I once read that the Prius was the number one selling Toyota in California, as well. None of this should come as a surprise in the state with the most stringent emission standards, as well as the highest fuel prices.

post #28 of 44 (permalink) Old 03-23-2019, 03:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnnyma45 View Post
This makes a lot of sense. Watch, next MY the Xenons will be available. Year after that, probably 20in wheels or the vacuum.
That's where I'd put my money.

But, like stop-eject said, the vacuum is a no-go for any year. To do that, they'd have to find another place for the 12v battery and I'm just not feeling that ever happening.

I mean, if they could have figured out someplace else to put the 12v, wouldn't they have done it in the first place? Running the wiring all the way back to the rear of the vehicle sounds like something they wouldn't have done unless there was absolutely no other place to put it.
Johnnyma45 likes this.

post #29 of 44 (permalink) Old 03-24-2019, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stop-eject View Post
The 12v battery takes place of the vacuum, no way they can get it in. HIDs is another story, they might finally include them. I also wish they would add all internal lights from the gas Limited. I thought about retrofitting them and check the harnesses. They had no wires or connectors for the absent lamps.
what are these internal lights are you referring to? Thanks
post #30 of 44 (permalink) Old 03-24-2019, 09:52 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by wasabi911 View Post
what are these internal lights are you referring to? Thanks
In the first row doors, glove box, liftback. I don't remember all of them...

*** 2019 Hybrid Limited ***

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page