Not many PacHy's in stock - Page 4 - 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums
 17Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #31 of 44 (permalink) Old 03-25-2019, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cornfield View Post
I've noticed that Illinois Chrysler dealers really don't have many PacHy's in stock. They have a full rainbow assortment of gas powered Pacifica's but not many Hybrids.
It's not as though they are pre-selling them and just delivering them when they arrive. Is it a lack of profitability? Are they difficult to maintain in inventory? Is there a lack of interest by vehicle shoppers?
Some are currently not available for sale due to the V15 recall.

I am shopping for one now from Ohio - about 3 weeks ago, I had bookmarked about 15 vehicles I would be interested in. A couple of days later they had all disappeared from Chrysler.com and from the dealer's websites. One dealer I had already been talking to was kind enough to inform me they have all been pulled offline until the recall is complete as they are not allowed to sell them until it is.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 44 (permalink) Old 03-25-2019, 01:00 PM

Garage
My dealer in Hampshire Illinois did not seem interested in even selling one to me last year when I was looking. They are a smaller shop and I am guessing that they were not interested yet in dealing with Hybrid technology. Thus hey had nothing to show last year when I was shopping.

I own a gasser (wanted a hybrid but am not an early adopter) but I live in northern Illinois. Trying to drive all electric while heating the batteries and the interior, defrosting an iced up vehicle and lack of Stow and Go put me off until a later itteration of the van.

I can see why they would be more popular and useful in warmer climates. We were out in San Francisco recently and did see more Pachys there than we ever would see here.

among others:
1975 Plymouth Valiant
1989 Plymouth Voyager
2005 Chrysler T&C
as of 4/4/2018
2018 Chrysler Pacifica Red Velvet w/Advanced Safety and upgraded audio
post #33 of 44 (permalink) Old 03-25-2019, 09:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by curlystew View Post
Some are currently not available for sale due to the V15 recall.

I am shopping for one now from Ohio - about 3 weeks ago, I had bookmarked about 15 vehicles I would be interested in. A couple of days later they had all disappeared from Chrysler.com and from the dealer's websites. One dealer I had already been talking to was kind enough to inform me they have all been pulled offline until the recall is complete as they are not allowed to sell them until it is.
Interesting. I read that the V15 recall is not scheduled to actually begin until April 19, 2019 (probably need to build up adequate part supplies). Not too serious for us to drive around until then, but it still makes sense they've stopped sales until they can get all current stock modified.

'18 PacHy Ltd, red/alloy, 18" whls, roof, AST

post #34 of 44 (permalink) Old 04-01-2019, 11:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stop-eject View Post
T I also wish they would add all internal lights from the gas Limited. I thought about retrofitting them and check the harnesses. They had no wires or connectors for the absent lamps.
The missing HIDs were well known, but didn't know that the interior LED lights were missing too in the Pachy. That's truly atrocious.

2018 Gas Pacifica Limited, Jazz blue with Alloy interior
8 Seater, Uconnect theater HK sound, Trailer tow package.
post #35 of 44 (permalink) Old 04-02-2019, 12:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bond007 View Post
The missing HIDs were well known, but didn't know that the interior LED lights were missing too in the Pachy. That's truly atrocious.
They're not all missing, just a handful of them, nothing to get upset about.
post #36 of 44 (permalink) Old 04-02-2019, 11:38 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by arteitle View Post
They're not all missing, just a handful of them, nothing to get upset about.
The glove box and liftgate lights have a practical value. A dark glove box in a $40k+ vehicle is a shame.

*** 2018 Hybrid Limited ***
post #37 of 44 (permalink) Old 04-07-2019, 05:07 AM

Quote:
The glove box and liftgate lights have a practical value. A dark glove box in a $40k+ vehicle is a shame.
in retrospect if you were doing it over would you have gotten the gas version ?
post #38 of 44 (permalink) Old 04-07-2019, 06:54 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by g1981c View Post
in retrospect if you were doing it over would you have gotten the gas version ?
No. I still like the way electric cars drive. I never liked automatics because of the feeling of disconnect between engine and wheels. The tax credits bring the price down to reasonable levels.
g1981c likes this.

*** 2018 Hybrid Limited ***
post #39 of 44 (permalink) Old 04-09-2019, 03:09 AM

Quote:
No. I still like the way electric cars drive. I never liked automatics because of the feeling of disconnect between engine and wheels. The tax credits bring the price down to reasonable levels.
there are massive discounts from Chrysler / Dealers on the Gasser limited that bring it to about the same price as Hybrid with Federal Tax included ...

so they both cost the same except with Gasser you get discount from dealer and with Hybrid you get federal tax credit ...

the difference is if the Gasser breaks it will probably be repaired in 6 days not 6 weeks and it has HID headlights.

i was actually telling myself i can live without HID headlights ( it is expensive tech, i can understand why they skipped it ) but no glove box light ? how much did they save - a dollar ? that just makes no sense to me - it's like no power seats on the Chevy Volt - the entire point of PacHy to me was that it is NOT like Chevy Volt where you have to sacrifice everything for the plug - the idea was that it's just like a normal car but with a plug - then you learn you lose this and that and when you realize they went so far as to save one dollar on removing the light in the glove box it makes you pause and think ... is it really that different from Chevy Volt situation ?

anyway thank you for your honest opinion i do understand how not having that ZF 9 speed may be worth the missing glove box light to some ...
post #40 of 44 (permalink) Old 04-09-2019, 07:18 AM

I open the glove box one to two times a year.

2019 Pacifica Hybrid Limited

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page