does it matter which state you buy in ? - Page 2 - 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums
 6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 35 (permalink) Old 04-02-2019, 08:46 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RC Mike View Post
The technology will be so common in a few years that people will look at a vehicle without it the same way wed look at a vehicle without cruise control.
when i was getting a car last year the non-negotiable feature for me was backup camera with dynamic gridlines.

this time around i still want that but also full-range radar-adaptive cruise control. frankly they should make it mandatory on all new vehicles just like seatbelts.

anyway i think it should be more about what YOU need in a car. if you don't need something i wouldn't pay for it just out of resale value considerations.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 35 (permalink) Old 04-03-2019, 01:26 AM

Adaptive cruise is pretty awesome. Used it most of the back to MN from MD this weekend. Makes for much easier and less fatiguing driving.

2019 Pacifica Hybrid Limited
post #13 of 35 (permalink) Old 04-03-2019, 02:23 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RC Mike View Post
Adaptive cruise is pretty awesome. Used it most of the back to MN from MD this weekend. Makes for much easier and less fatiguing driving.
yes but in particular i want the kind that will bring a car to a complete stop ( for example when cars completely stop in rush hour traffic ).

i hope the one in PacHy can do it.

post #14 of 35 (permalink) Old 04-03-2019, 06:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by g1981c View Post
yes but in particular i want the kind that will bring a car to a complete stop ( for example when cars completely stop in rush hour traffic ).

i hope the one in PacHy can do it.
It can. If the car stops for more than a few seconds you have to either press the resume button or briefly press the accelerator pedal to get it moving again.
g1981c likes this.
post #15 of 35 (permalink) Old 04-03-2019, 12:57 PM

Garage
So, have talked to the VA dealer? Carl posted a deal yesterday. $3500 off+ $1000 rebate +$500 savings on the MD vs VA dealer fee, the total is $5000 off. So $7000 off in VA on less desirable configurations may not that far fetched.

*** 2018 Hybrid Limited ***
post #16 of 35 (permalink) Old 04-03-2019, 01:40 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by stop-eject View Post
So, have talked to the VA dealer? Carl posted a deal yesterday. $3500 off+ $1000 rebate +$500 savings on the MD vs VA dealer fee, the total is $5000 off. So $7000 off in VA on less desirable configurations may not that far fetched.
i'm not actually in the market for a car for the next 3 weeks or so, at which point i will need to decide if i want the Pacifica or not and if yes then i doubt i will be calling anybody - i just have zero trust.

i would go down there if they have an abundance of cars in configurations not available here locally - for example i really like the mocha interior and they don't seem to have it here.

if i do show up there i will have to somehow conceal the fact that i came there for a specific car or they will not let me get it - this happened to me twice already in the past - when they know that you know exactly what you came for they make sure you don't get it so they can go to bed rejoicing over the fact that they were able to screw somebody that day.

instead you have to wait for them to start talking and act like you're kinda lost and don't know what you're doing there - this makes them feel in control rather than defensive and they start trying to push the car on you, which is what you want ...
post #17 of 35 (permalink) Old 04-03-2019, 01:51 PM

Quote:
i'm not actually in the market for a car for the next 3 weeks or so, at which point i will need to decide if i want the Pacifica or not and if yes then i doubt i will be calling anybody - i just have zero trust.

i would go down there if they have an abundance of cars in configurations not available here locally - for example i really like the mocha interior and they don't seem to have it here.

if i do show up there i will have to somehow conceal the fact that i came there for a specific car or they will not let me get it - this happened to me twice already in the past - when they know that you know exactly what you came for they make sure you don't get it so they can go to bed rejoicing over the fact that they were able to screw somebody that day.

instead you have to wait for them to start talking and act like you're kinda lost and don't know what you're doing there - this makes them feel in control rather than defensive and they start trying to push the car on you, which is what you want ...
They aren't evil enemies. Just get in writing their best out the door price with everything broken out. If they don't want to do that, just go onto the next dealership. There's a zillion posts on here about how to get a fair deal and not get screwed over.

2019 Hybrid Limited Dirty Black, S Package, Advanced Safetytec, NO SUNROOF
☞ manufactured Weds 11/07/18 at 6PM, overcast, 37, cafeteria had special on lasagna
post #18 of 35 (permalink) Old 04-03-2019, 03:30 PM

Garage
Quote:

You shouldn't come down without doing most of the documents remotely. You need to account every financial details and will need to have the VIN, so you could know exactly what you are getting. It is not that hard. You can always post what they offer with the personal info redacted and people here would be happy to look it over.

post #19 of 35 (permalink) Old 04-03-2019, 03:42 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by stop-eject View Post
You shouldn't come down without doing most of the documents remotely. You need to account every financial details and will need to have the VIN, so you could know exactly what you are getting. It is not that hard. You can always post what they offer with the personal info redacted and people here would be happy to look it over.
so you want me to pay for the car without looking at it ?

or to tell the dealer that i'm definitely getting the car without actually signing anything and spending a day driving to find out he decided to increase the price by $3,000 because oops he made a mistake when we previously discussed the price ...

i'm not sure what you're suggesting ?
post #20 of 35 (permalink) Old 04-03-2019, 04:32 PM

Garage
I wouldn't buy a used car without driving it first, but why would you need to drive a brand new one? You had you test drives already, right? Ask how many miles are on the odometer to make sure that it had no extensive test drive history and you'll be good. I've never test driven the new cars I bought. Most of them were factory ordered, and one on the lot I bought out of state.

As for the $3000 price "mistake", franchised new car dealers are not that sleazy anymore. They will pressure you to buy "protection", "nitrogen fill" and so on, but you can (and should) say no to everything.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page