does it matter which state you buy in ? - Page 4 - 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums
 6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #31 of 36 (permalink) Old 04-04-2019, 08:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by g1981c View Post
wouldn't ordering pretty much mean forfeiting any dealer discounts ?
No.

2019 Hybrid Limited Dusty Black, S Package, Advanced Safetytec, NO SUNROOF
☞ manufactured Weds 11/07/18 at 6PM, overcast with chance of rain
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 36 (permalink) Old 04-04-2019, 09:48 PM

Garage
Sometimes you can get a better deal on a car that is sitting on the lot too long. Most likely it will have an undesirable configuration and/or many test drives.
Another factor to consider is rebates or other factory promos. They apply at the delivery. If a rebate was available when you ordered, but expired by the time of the delivery you aren't getting it. On the flip side, if a new rebate began after your order, you can and should ask to apply it to the price.

*** 2019 Hybrid Limited ***
post #33 of 36 (permalink) Old 04-04-2019, 10:40 PM

As an example, we live in So. Calif. and my wife just leased a 2019 Ford Fusion PHEV and the dealer took the $7500 rebate off the top of the sticker price, along with some extra. In addition Calif. has a $1500 that she herself applies for afterwards. Most dealers in this area do the same, including Tesla. In fact, if you look at the prices for Tesla online that show their prices with the rebate factored in.

It is actually much better that way because youll pay sales tax on the final price, not the sticker price. Sort of like a deduction on your taxes.

That being said, I personally think all the car manufacturers jack up the sticker price on EVs and PHEVs just so they can artificially lower the final price using the Gov. rebates and then take that as a profit. Just my opinion but Id still rather have a lower sticker and less sales tax then personally take the rebate.

Now, as far as Just taking money off the sticker, that can depend on demand, time of the month or year...many factors including location. When I got my 2017 Pac Limited not only did they take $6,000 off the top, they paid off my 2015 Honda Pilot of $23,000 - and got me the same lease payment as I had with my mid-level trim Honda.

post #34 of 36 (permalink) Old 04-05-2019, 12:07 AM

Garage
The lease is the important distinction here. Buyers will need to apply for the tax credit themselves.
Frig likes this.

*** 2019 Hybrid Limited ***
post #35 of 36 (permalink) Old 04-05-2019, 11:14 AM

[QUOTE=stop-eject;555239]I wouldn't buy a used car without driving it first, but why would you need to drive a brand new one? [QUOTE]

It wasn't until well after we had purchased our new Pacifica that it occurred to me that we had never taken one for a test drive. There wasn't any other options. A brake line rusted through & blew out on my 2000 Dakota. I was sitting in a parking lot but, at that point, I had enough of driving old junk. I wanted a new vehicle, a minivan, and one with all that safety stuff I saw on TV. I've owned several Chrysler products including Caravan & Voyager minivans. The Chrysler dealer is 3 miles from our home, I've bought several vehicles there, all from the same salesman. We test drove a Town & Country but they aren't made with all the safety stuff. So it was a Pacifica. I crawled around inside, looked at them on the lot several times & played endlessly with Chrysler's build your own website. But the one we bought was a dealer trade I never even saw it until I owned it. It wasn't going to be an issue & it hasn't been. We still love it more than a year later.

2018 Limited
Copper Pearl Coat Ext.
Black/Deep Mocha Int.
Harmon Kardon Sound
Trailer Tow Group
Advanced Safety Tec
Uconnect Theater
post #36 of 36 (permalink) Old 05-31-2019, 06:23 PM
vic

in my experience, CA dealers have the best price on the west coast. Not sure if it's volume or CA mandates/compliance laws?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page