Misinformation About Hybrid Transaxle - 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums
 3Likes
  • 3 Post By ThisSuckersElectrical

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-03-2019, 02:18 AM Thread Starter

Exclamation Misinformation About Hybrid Transaxle

Something I have noticed about online reviews, and even a dealer's service department I will never go to again is, misinformation about the Pacifica's hybrid transaxle. A lot of people are claiming it is a CVT. While similar, it is an Si-EVT.

I recently went to a dealer that is only about 8 miles from me as I wanted to know the price of servicing my transaxle in the future. I was immediately told that my hybrid has a CVT and they will not service it or work on it at all. I had already done my research and knew about ALL the internal workings and how the transaxle functions. I told the service manager, it was a Si-EVT and the transaxle IS serviceable. The service manager looked at me blankly and said it is a CVT and we won't touch it. At that point, I walked away.

I called Chrysler Corporate and filed a complaint against the dealer. Chrysler Corporate told me to find another dealer's service department and to not let that dealer touch my car as they are not trained properly or qualified to work on it if they don't know what the transaxle is. Chrysler Corporate told me the transaxle IS serviceable and they put a single drain plug on the bottom and two ports on the front side for a reason. The lower port on the front is for refilling, the upper port is for a special 90-degree dipstick to check the level of fluid.

If you are interested in learning more about your Pacifica hybrid transaxle watch this.

Si-EVT Transaxle

This is a CVT (and they dont last long)
arteitle, jw33 and PacificaNewbie like this.

Last edited by ThisSuckersElectrical; 08-03-2019 at 05:16 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old Yesterday, 02:35 PM

although very advanced, its actually a really simple transmission and should be a cake walk to service in any fashion. Why everyone is so scared of them I don't know.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old Yesterday, 03:21 PM

Awesome , I’ve also told people that the Tran is not a cvt. People should start to realize that some people are generally more informed than dealers for a lot of reasons . I have to say I’m so glad I purchased the ehybrid over the ice one . The engine and Transmission combination is so seamless . Thanks for post

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old Today, 08:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThisSuckersElectrical View Post
Something I have noticed about online reviews, and even a dealer's service department I will never go to again is, misinformation about the Pacifica's hybrid transaxle. A lot of people are claiming it is a CVT. While similar, it is an Si-EVT.

I recently went to a dealer that is only about 8 miles from me as I wanted to know the price of servicing my transaxle in the future. I was immediately told that my hybrid has a CVT and they will not service it or work on it at all. I had already done my research and knew about ALL the internal workings and how the transaxle functions. I told the service manager, it was a Si-EVT and the transaxle IS serviceable. The service manager looked at me blankly and said it is a CVT and we won't touch it. At that point, I walked away.

I called Chrysler Corporate and filed a complaint against the dealer. Chrysler Corporate told me to find another dealer's service department and to not let that dealer touch my car as they are not trained properly or qualified to work on it if they don't know what the transaxle is. Chrysler Corporate told me the transaxle IS serviceable and they put a single drain plug on the bottom and two ports on the front side for a reason. The lower port on the front is for refilling, the upper port is for a special 90-degree dipstick to check the level of fluid.

If you are interested in learning more about your Pacifica hybrid transaxle watch this.

Si-EVT Transaxle
https://youtu.be/rDPwQefY2KY

This is a CVT (and they dont last long)
https://youtu.be/c47caRqbbnE
I can see how someone would mistake it for a CVT since there are no “shifting” of gears per se. But when you watch the video it is quite ingenious, the way it works. And it is far less complicated that a standard automatic transmission.

2018 Pacifica Hybrid Limited

Tags
cvt , e flight , e-flight , evt , si-evt

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page