Throttle Injection Service? - 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums
 2Likes
  • 1 Post By Lipster
  • 1 Post By DoninDel

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-07-2019, 04:33 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Throttle Injection Service?

I took my Pachy in today to get the DVD player working (software update worked). They checked the vehicle and suggested that I need something called "Throttle Injection Service" for $260 parts and labor. Has anyone else had this service suggested or done. The van is just over a year old and has 13,600 miles on it. Any thoughts?

2018 Pacific Hybrid Limited, Velvet Red Pearl Coat. 2014 Volt
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-07-2019, 04:42 PM

Guessing that the DVD fix was a warranty item so it sounds like they're just trying to make some $$ from your service visit since the warranty repair probably didn't pay much at all. With so few miles, on a hybrid no less, I can't imagine the throttle body had a chance to even get all that dirty.

2017 Pacifica Touring L Plus
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-07-2019, 05:24 PM

Say "I'll take that under consideration" and drive home. Never give it another thought until they ask you again. Say the same thing.
If the TB was dirty, you would be experiencing issues. If you are not, sleep well and dream about what you are going to spend that $260 on.
craig likes this.

2018 Limited Gas

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-07-2019, 08:46 PM

In situations like that, I always ask to see a gun. When they ask why, I reply "If I am going to get robbed I would like to see a gun".

If you use any name-brand gas, it is pure rip-off. And even if you used no-name bargain gas, the odds of build-up at 13,600 miles is virtually ZERO.

If you feel like it, ask what, exactly, would get done for your $260. What would the 'parts' be? I suspect a can of injector cleaner - which you could buy for under $10 and add to your gas tank yourself.
Here's one:
https://shop.advanceautoparts.com/p/...E&gclsrc=aw.ds
craig likes this.

2018 Touring L
Collapsible spare tire kit
WeatherTech window deflectors, floor mats, and cargo liner
State-issued Vietnam Veteran License plate

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by DoninDel; 08-07-2019 at 08:54 PM. Reason: add emphasis
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-11-2019, 04:16 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Thanks for the feedback. I did walk away. I thought about asking them why this service would be needed, but decided that it would be a waste of time.

2018 Pacific Hybrid Limited, Velvet Red Pearl Coat. 2014 Volt
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-11-2019, 04:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuelscience View Post
Thanks for the feedback. I did walk away. I thought about asking them why this service would be needed, but decided that it would be a waste of time.
Good call. While those injection services are top-notch, they are a money grab and not needed if you use a cleaner regularly. The use of Techron every 3000 to 10000 miles will keep things running in top shape.

I have a 95 Pathfinder 4X4 XE 215000 miles all original everything works. Except for belts, brakes, tires, filters, plugs, timing belt, and water pump. Never had an injection service, only used Techron. Runs just as good as it did 25 years ago.

I have a 2007 Chevy HHR 190000 miles all original. Except for belt, brakes, tires, filters, plugs. Never had an injection service, only used Techron. Still runs as good as the day I bought it 13 years ago.

In July 2019 sold my 2014 Chrysler Town & Country Touring 132000 miles all original. Except for belt, brakes, tires, filters, plugs. Never had an injection service, only used Techron. Runs great no problems. New owner loves the T&C they have put over 4000 miles on it since.

2018 Pacifica Hybrid Limited Platinum. Build date 08/18. Velvet red/alloy. 18" wheels. Fully loaded with every available option.

Last edited by ThisSuckersElectrical; 08-12-2019 at 02:23 AM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page