Pacifica Hybrid Maintenance Schedule - Page 3 - 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums
 7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 31 (permalink) Old 03-19-2019, 04:46 PM

Bring it in for recalls and when your engine oil life goes to 0.

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk

2018 Pacifica Hybrid Touring L - ruby red

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 31 (permalink) Old 03-19-2019, 04:46 PM
Rus

I was wondering the same thing. The dealer says 8000KM but everything else says 16000KM, about 5K miles and 10K miles. On the other hand the book also says the change oil indicator will come on so I think I'll just wait for that. Right now I'm at about 2500KM, 1500 miles and it says I have 70% oil life left.

2019 Chrysler Pacifica Hybrid Limited
Brilliant Black Crystal Pearl with S Package
Van's Nickname is Petunia
post #23 of 31 (permalink) Old 03-19-2019, 05:31 PM

Regarding the oil change meter in the car - when I took delivery of ours, it had 10 miles on the odometer and the oil change indicator was at 89%. Should I be concerned that it's not at 100%? I guess this would just encourage an earlier oil change, which I don't mind, but I wonder why it was already at 89% with almost no miles on it.

2019 Pacifica S Hybrid Limited - Brilliant Black, all options
2016 Dodge// Charger R/T Scat Pack - B5 Blue

post #24 of 31 (permalink) Old 03-19-2019, 05:52 PM

I had the same questions all of you are asking when I hit the 10k mark. I work at a Chrysler dealer and talked to the shop foreman. There are many different statements regarding oil change frequencies. I personally think that if you never plugged in your van, you would end up changing the oil at 10k based on the oil life indicator on the dash. If you plug in on a regular basis, then oil changes of 20k could be reached based on that same indicator. Our shop foreman was told by Chrysler that the owner should follow the 10k maintenance schedule regardless of the oil life indicator. That means Chrysler just wants to cover their ass if a failure were to occur. Would they not cover a repair on your vehicle if you didn't follow it? That is a grey area especially since their manuals contradict each other. My advice, if you have a extended warranty (especially a Mopar one), follow the book. That way there is no denying a repair based on lack of maintenance. If you don't have additional coverage, change at your own digression.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
post #25 of 31 (permalink) Old 03-19-2019, 06:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnnyma45 View Post
Regarding the oil change meter in the car - when I took delivery of ours, it had 10 miles on the odometer and the oil change indicator was at 89%. Should I be concerned that it's not at 100%? I guess this would just encourage an earlier oil change, which I don't mind, but I wonder why it was already at 89% with almost no miles on it.
Sounds to me that the car did a lot of sitting with the car turned on. I wouldn't be that concerned. But I would look over the interior carefully for damage. Maybe that van was the dealership show car to potential buyers. Some dealers will pick one car (usually a fully loaded model) to show customers like a showroom car. Instead of letting people get in and out of all the cars on the lot, they pick one to take the abuse of different people climbing in and out.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Johnnyma45 likes this.
post #26 of 31 (permalink) Old 03-19-2019, 08:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Car Dr. View Post
Sounds to me that the car did a lot of sitting with the car turned on. I wouldn't be that concerned. But I would look over the interior carefully for damage. Maybe that van was the dealership show car to potential buyers. Some dealers will pick one car (usually a fully loaded model) to show customers like a showroom car. Instead of letting people get in and out of all the cars on the lot, they pick one to take the abuse of different people climbing in and out.
Makes sense. Interior has no damage but was pretty dirty when I test drove it; it was fully detailed when I picked it up though.

2019 Pacifica S Hybrid Limited - Brilliant Black, all options
2016 Dodge// Charger R/T Scat Pack - B5 Blue
post #27 of 31 (permalink) Old 03-19-2019, 11:12 PM

I’d change the oil and filter as soon as possible and put synthetic oil in it . The engine sits , runs, refresh cycles . When I bought mine I did the oil change to synthetic when I took delivery of it . And use the oem mopar filter so if anything happens to engine they can’t come back to filter for oil shenanigans. Good luck and hope you enjoy yours as much as I do .
post #28 of 31 (permalink) Old 03-28-2019, 12:25 AM

My dealer only uses synthetic now, I believe this is Chrysler wide. I still buy my own to save money. They also said it came from the factory with Synthetic. BTW they still say bring the car in weekly for an oil change(joking). The manual is not clear if those 10,000 miles are on the engine or vehicle. I reset my Trip Odometer shortly after I received it. The number of miles on battery account for the high percentage on the oil life. One dealer said specifically: change the oil when the oil life indicator indicates or yearly. I assume I will be bringing it in yearly. If the oil life indicator is broken in all the cars and we are being tricked into not getting oil changes and they deny coverage because of that defect, there will be a very fun class action.

2019 Chrysler Pacifica Hybrid Limited, S Appearance Package, Black inside and out, Advanced SafetyTec Group, Tri-Pane Panoramic Sunroof.
Delivered: Thanksgiving Eve, 2018 - Purchased From "Ferman Chrysler Jeep Dodge Ram - Tampa" - State Road 54, Lutz, FL

Last edited by Mark-DavenportFL; 03-28-2019 at 12:30 AM.
post #29 of 31 (permalink) Old 04-07-2019, 07:36 PM
JBL

I bought my PacHy at the end of September. In January I got a call from someone claiming to be my dealer, asking if I wanted to make an appointment for maintenance. I said that this seemed a little early, and she said that Chrysler recommended the first maintenance after six months. I told her I would call her in March. However, looking through my manual I see no such suggestion. Reading this thread seems validate that. Should I assume the dealer was not being entirely truthful in the hopes of drumming up a little extra business?
post #30 of 31 (permalink) Old Today, 04:47 PM

DO NOT JUST FOLLOW THE OIL INDICATOR! I did that and got screwed when I changed it at the 43% life remaining when I was coming up on my first year. The overwhelming driving on my PacHy was in electric mode so I figured I was good on oil. Nope! I was over 10,000 when I finally changed the oil. I noticed the 10k limit in the manual when I was changing oil and contacted Chrysler on which of the stated manual limits I should follow. Their response is:

As stated in previous correspondence, your vehicle is equipped with an automatic oil change indicator system. The oil change indicator system will remind you that it is time to take your vehicle in for scheduled maintenance. Under no circumstances should oil change intervals exceed twelve months or 10,000 odometer miles.

Details from the manual are to change the oil if ANY of the following conditions exist:
1) When Oil Change Indicator (Life Remaining) notifies you.
2) 10,000 miles are reached in normal driving conditions
3) 12 Months since last oil change
4) 350 hours of engine run time (good luck finding that!)
5) 4,000 miles are reached in Severe Duty (vehicle is operated in a dusty and off road environment or is operated predominately at idle or only very low engine RPM’s)

I've owned and maintained a number of cars in my life and this is absolutely the most confusing instructions I've ever seen for changing oil. From my own perspective, I will be ignoring the Oil Life Remaining and only go by the mileage.

It has been said in previous posts that there is a place where the Gas and Electric miles overall are shown. I've never seen that going through the steering menus or the Apps. If this does exist, can you post specific directions where this is?

Phil
2018 Pacifica PHEV Limited

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in