Pacifica Hybrid Maintenance Schedule - Page 4 - 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums
 7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #31 of 31 (permalink) Old 04-22-2019, 05:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilBr60 View Post
DO NOT JUST FOLLOW THE OIL INDICATOR! I did that and got screwed when I changed it at the 43% life remaining when I was coming up on my first year. The overwhelming driving on my PacHy was in electric mode so I figured I was good on oil. Nope! I was over 10,000 when I finally changed the oil. I noticed the 10k limit in the manual when I was changing oil and contacted Chrysler on which of the stated manual limits I should follow. Their response is:

As stated in previous correspondence, your vehicle is equipped with an automatic oil change indicator system. The oil change indicator system will remind you that it is time to take your vehicle in for scheduled maintenance. Under no circumstances should oil change intervals exceed twelve months or 10,000 odometer miles.

Details from the manual are to change the oil if ANY of the following conditions exist:
1) When Oil Change Indicator (Life Remaining) notifies you.
2) 10,000 miles are reached in normal driving conditions
3) 12 Months since last oil change
4) 350 hours of engine run time (good luck finding that!)
5) 4,000 miles are reached in Severe Duty (vehicle is operated in a dusty and off road environment or is operated predominately at idle or only very low engine RPM’s)

I've owned and maintained a number of cars in my life and this is absolutely the most confusing instructions I've ever seen for changing oil. From my own perspective, I will be ignoring the Oil Life Remaining and only go by the mileage.

It has been said in previous posts that there is a place where the Gas and Electric miles overall are shown. I've never seen that going through the steering menus or the Apps. If this does exist, can you post specific directions where this is?
It seems simple enough to me. 10,000 miles, 12 months or when the oil life indicator tells you to, whichever comes first.

The only place that it separates gas and electric miles is on the two trip odometers. I avoid resetting one of them so that I can track that information. But you have to remember to record the data in a notebook just before it gets to 10,000 miles because the trip odometer will reset the gas and electric numbers when it rolls over 10,000 miles.

2018 Molten Silver Pacifica Hybrid Limited purchased Nov 30, 2017.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page