2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought my first Chrysler, a used 2018 Limited Hybrid with the safety package with 1,300 miles on it. All the extra bits (charging cord, mats, UConnect box, etc) were still factory sealed. I paid $37,200 +TTL, and I’m hoping I got a good deal because it’s too late to do anything about it now 😂😂😂

So far my biggest problem is that I have three kids and only two “airplane media seats”. If they can’t work it out in their own I’m going to pull the middle row out and make ‘em all squeeze in the third row.

·
Registered
566 Posts
Just bought my first Chrysler, a used 2018 Limited Hybrid with the safety package with 1,300 miles on it. All the extra bits (charging cord, mats, UConnect box, etc) were still factory sealed. I paid $37,200 +TTL, and I’m hoping I got a good deal because it’s too late to do anything about it now 😂😂😂

So far my biggest problem is that I have three kids and only two “airplane media seats”. If they can’t work it out in their own I’m going to pull the middle row out and make ‘em all squeeze in the third row.
Congrats!

Used with only 1300 miles? Why wasn't anything opened? Do you know its history? Was it ever registered before? How's the warranty? Is it eligible for any Fed or State incentives?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
According to the dealer, they purchased it at auction from a dealership that went under. It only had 10 miles on it when they got it, but a couple of the sales guys used it for runs to Northern Virginia. I live in a Good ol’ Boy area of the country, and the “new-fangled electric thingies are a hard sell around these parts” (actual quote from an older sales guy I talked to a couple moths ago 🤣) so it sat on the lot for a couple of months. I got them down about $1500 from their “non-negotiable” e-price, and I’m happy with that. I assume I don’t get the tax incentives since it was used, but I’m happy with it.

·
Registered
566 Posts
According to the dealer, they purchased it at auction from a dealership that went under. It only had 10 miles on it when they got it, but a couple of the sales guys used it for runs to Northern Virginia. I live in a Good ol’ Boy area of the country, and the “new-fangled electric thingies are a hard sell around these parts” (actual quote from an older sales guy I talked to a couple moths ago 🤣) so it sat on the lot for a couple of months. I got them down about $1500 from their “non-negotiable” e-price, and I’m happy with that. I assume I don’t get the tax incentives since it was used, but I’m happy with it.
That sounds new to me. Smarter folks on here can clarify, but to me if it was never registered that would mean it's new and eligible for incentives. That's $7500 plus. Also the full new warranty would start on the day it was put into use.

On a side note, never believe a word the dealer says. Doesn't mean they're all jerks, just that their business is rife with misinformation, disinformation and outright lies.

·
Registered
37 Posts
That sounds new to me. Smarter folks on here can clarify, but to me if it was never registered that would mean it's new and eligible for incentives. That's $7500 plus. Also the full new warranty would start on the day it was put into use.

On a side note, never believe a word the dealer says. Doesn't mean they're all jerks, just that their business is rife with misinformation, disinformation and outright lies.
Can't say anything regarding the tax incentive, but my 2016 T&C was a year old, had 4,000 miles on it and was never registered. It was registered to me as New and the 3 year warranty started the day the car was registered to me. (My one year Sirius started the same day) When I traded the T&C for the Pacifica, that Chrysler dealer mentioned that this is not unusual at all.

·
Registered
2,194 Posts
A practically new car but without the $7500 tax incentive doesn’t sound like a great deal to me. I wish you had posted in this forum immediately before the purchase and folks here would have digged out some more information.
In any case all that matters is if you are happy with the car and the deal.
With regards to the two rear entertainment screens, kids are kids and they will learn to figure it out how to share and watch. If they can’t share two screens between three kids I am tempted to say they are too entitled. I’m sorry but I am in a similar situation (even though my kids are smaller). Pretty soon they will all be sitting in the second row and that’s when the music starts. 😄.

·
Registered
566 Posts
A practically new car but without the $7500 tax incentive doesn’t sound like a great deal to me. I wish you had posted in this forum immediately before the purchase and folks here would have digged out some more information.
In any case all that matters is if you are happy with the car and the deal.
With regards to the two rear entertainment screens, kids are kids and they will learn to figure it out how to share and watch. If they can’t share two screens between three kids I am tempted to say they are too entitled. I’m sorry but I am in a similar situation (even though my kids are smaller). Pretty soon they will all be sitting in the second row and that’s when the music starts. 😄.
Well it was $10k under msrp, which is fantastic. I'm thinking possibly with a few phone calls and some paperwork, making it a new purchase, it can be a real steal. Under $30k, Limited with advanced stafetytec, wow.

Could the dealer be getting the $7500 + other incentives? If so that's borderline fraud.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts