2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Do they remove the trim from the van to wrap it? How long does a wrap typically last before having to remove and reapply?
They didn't need to remove any trim, which was part of the appeal. I am not sure how long it will last, supposedly years, but I am sure it depends on how well you care for it. It wasn't cheap, but having it professionally painted was a lot more, and it can be fixed or removed. I thought about plastidipping it myself, but my previous experience with PD was mixed, it peeled, was hard to clean, and would look crappy after a while ( I had to redo it once or twice a year and with as much masking as it would have taken to do the van, no thank you), it also wouldn't have achieved the look I wanted.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I had it wrapped. The window frames and mirrors are glossy black, the lower chrome strip and door handles are a glossy dark gray. The grill surround and roof rails are satin black. I plastic-dipped the front badge with gunmetal gray. Rear I did badge delete and I tried painting the Chrysler logo black but it looked too much like the "Batman symbol"

Now I wanna see the badges up close! :)

·
Registered
302 Posts
Loving the chrome delete.....just got my Pacifica and need to get this done ASAP. May try myself as I did the same to my Optima.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have the exact same billet silver but haven’t gotten to the chrome delete. Thats my first step. But rather than black wheels I think copper/bronze hellcats is the way I’ll go. How much did the trim wrap run?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Do you mind telling me where you got the vinyl wrap done and how much it was? I'm in the Bay Area as well and want to get the chrome wrapped.

Many thanks!

-Ed

They didn't need to remove any trim, which was part of the appeal. I am not sure how long it will last, supposedly years, but I am sure it depends on how well you care for it. It wasn't cheap, but having it professionally painted was a lot more, and it can be fixed or removed. I thought about plastidipping it myself, but my previous experience with PD was mixed, it peeled, was hard to clean, and would look crappy after a while ( I had to redo it once or twice a year and with as much masking as it would have taken to do the van, no thank you), it also wouldn't have achieved the look I wanted.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Love this look. We are looking for a Touring-L Plus or Limited. My wife wants to do the same thing you did here. Did you ever lower it?

21 - 38 of 38 Posts
About this Discussion
37 Replies
21 Participants
ludvball
2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums
PacificaForums.com - A forum community dedicated to Chrysler Pacifica owners & enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about upgrades, towing capacity, reliability, and more!
Full Forum Listing