2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those who got this state point of sale rebate, how was it processed? Did the dealer deduct the $1,500 from the vehicle sale price like other incentives?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Yes, directly on the sales sheet as part of the total rebates. Note that is a rebate, not a lowering of the sales price, so you'll still pay tax based on the price before all applicable rebates (which for the 2020s right now can be a 10k difference!). The only lowering of the sale price will be the dealer discount and 'family pricing' reductions.

·
Registered
2021 Pacifica hybrid Limited with Safety package and Theater package
22 Posts
For those who got this state point of sale rebate, how was it processed? Did the dealer deduct the $1,500 from the vehicle sale price like other incentives?
Oh man I could have saved $1500 if I researched before buying a few days ago :(
I can’t do anything about the rebate after the fact huh?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes, directly on the sales sheet as part of the total rebates. Note that is a rebate, not a lowering of the sales price, so you'll still pay tax based on the price before all applicable rebates (which for the 2020s right now can be a 10k difference!). The only lowering of the sale price will be the dealer discount and 'family pricing' reductions.
Good points, thanks for confirming how it's applied. Some dealers are trying to put the rewards rebate as their dealer discount. New look, same old games.😂

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Hmmm, I don't think so but it doesn't hurt to ask. I would probably go directly to the gsm, gm, or finance manager. I think I've read about dealers(tesla) re-writing the deals for missed ccfr rebates, but you may try to reach out to one of the Chrysler reps on this forum if the dealer isn't motivated to help. Hope you get it, and let us know how it works out.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Sorry to hear! Do you know whether the dealer you bought from is approved to issue the rebate? This is the current list: Participating Retailers | California Clean Fuel Reward
Because it is a select dealer program, as truematic mentioned probably best to contact the sales/finance manager if your dealership does participate. Not sure if corporate would be able to help. Good luck!

·
Registered
2021 Pacifica hybrid Limited with Safety package and Theater package
22 Posts
Sorry to hear! Do you know whether the dealer you bought from is approved to issue the rebate? This is the current list: Participating Retailers | California Clean Fuel Reward
Because it is a select dealer program, as truematic mentioned probably best to contact the sales/finance manager if your dealership does participate. Not sure if corporate would be able to help. Good luck!
yup my dealer is on there as a participating retailer. This morning I called and emailed my sales guy with the links to the site and sent him the signed application form, and explained that retailers have 45 days from date of sale to make a claim for the money. He said he’ll refer to his team and look into it. Since I paid $5k using a credit card, I asked if they can help put $1500 back on the card. Hopefully they can figure something out. I will follow up in two days.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts