2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ignore my screen name, it was created during a C200 TPIM issue
2017 Chrysler Touring LX Plus
I just finished up the last of the 100,000 service, at 99,488 miles, which was spark plugs and plenum gasket replacement. The job was fairly straight forward, except for getting some of the electrical connections unplugged, some were a pain.
We have had only one issue with the van, lift gate stuck in locked position. We have religiously keet up with the maintenance, cursing at 72 mph, we can average 33 mpg on flat roads. Just checked the town average 28.1 mpg. Next 100,000 here we come.
I have attached a pic of the plugs if anyone is interested.

Attachments

·
Registered
62 Posts
Ignore my screen name, it was created during a C200 TPIM issue
2017 Chrysler Touring LX Plus
I just finished up the last of the 100,000 service, at 99,488 miles, which was spark plugs and plenum gasket replacement. The job was fairly straight forward, except for getting some of the electrical connections unplugged, some were a pain.
We have had only one issue with the van, lift gate stuck in locked position. We have religiously keet up with the maintenance, cursing at 72 mph, we can average 33 mpg on flat roads. Just checked the town average 28.1 mpg. Next 100,000 here we come.
I have attached a pic of the plugs if anyone is interested.
Is that “town average” after resetting your mpg, cruising for 5 mins on a flat road in cruise control, and seeing how high you can get your mpg? Bc I don’t believe that for one millisecond. I believe the 33 on highway but your fudging those city numbers.

·
Registered
731 Posts
Original plugs? If so, not bad. Are the plugs changed from underneath? Thin-wall socket needed?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Plugs changed from top, back 1,3,5 are easy, have to lift the plenum to get 2,4,6. I used a 16mm magnetic spark plug socket, but it isn't a thin wall. It took me about 3 hours to complete.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Is that “town average” after resetting your mpg, cruising for 5 mins on a flat road in cruise control, and seeing how high you can get your mpg? Bc I don’t believe that for one millisecond. I believe the 33 on highway but your fudging those city numbers.
Thats fine don't believe it, I have no reason to lie, no not resetting and quoting 30 seconds later. And I said town, not city driving. City driving, I would say around 23 mpg.

·
Premium Member
2018 Pacifica Touring L+
1,023 Posts
It is encouraging to read of a Pacifica make it to 100k miles and not have head gasket or cracked block issues.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Thats fine don't believe it, I have no reason to lie, no not resetting and quoting 30 seconds later. And I said town, not city driving. City driving, I would say around 23 mpg.
Town and city are basically the same. I don’t believe city either. Maybe 20. But nevertheless

·
Premium Member
2018 Pacifica Touring L+
1,023 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Pacifica Hybrid Touring-L Plus
881 Posts
It is encouraging to read of a Pacifica make it to 100k miles and not have head gasket or cracked block issues.
When the Pacifica was in regular production they generally made around 800 vans PER DAY. So yes there are some that have had block issues, but many many many more that haven’t.

·
Registered
4,823 Posts
Town and city are basically the same. I don’t believe city either. Maybe 20. But nevertheless
You won’t even get 20 unless your city has no traffic and stop lights . No matter how gentle you are accelerating, coasting to a stop , coasting and not stopping your still going to have to accelerate and that’s the problem . If your getting 23 on highway it’s fundamentally impossible to hit 20 in city .watch the hybrid in instant acceleration mode in the city and see what happens when you accelerate , the powertrain on the ice is no where near efficient as hybrid and you’ll see what I’m talking about

1 - 12 of 12 Posts