2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good Morning everyone,
I have my vehicle in today for some warranty work (replacing both lower A-arm's) due to a popping noise. During this visit I asked for a price on any maintenance due at a 100k. Now mind you this dealer I haven't been the happiest with and may hop dealers or do part of this work myself.

Quotes I got:
Engine coolant -doesnt need done til 150k
Battery Coolant -$249
Spark Plugs -$ 429
Fuel System service -$199
Cabin Filter $49
Software Updates 5hrs -$300.00

I asked specifically what updates ID and description. They're literally going back and forth with me saying these are not covered under extended or any existing warranty (I have a life time warranty). Here is the list I show using Chrysler's website:

I'll probably do:
Battery Coolant -however i thought they hybrid had 3 loops , so third one was not advised on(?)

Spark Plugs, Cabin filter -i'll do myself and document for warranty purposes.

Fuel System, I dont recall seeing this anywhere on maintenance schedule for 100k.

Any thoughts or input regarding these items.

Rectangle Font Parallel Circle Number

·
Registered
2018 Pacifica Hybrid Limited
777 Posts
I had the four software updates in your list (21-010 thru 21-013) done last August. This was after the expiration of the basic 3 year warranty. They didn't charge me anything, but listed a total of 1.4 hours on the service ticket. I believe that you have to remove the intake manifold to get at some of the spark plugs. The manual for my 2018 says that the engine coolant should be flushed and replaced at 100k miles.

·
Registered
4,572 Posts
The manual does not call for it. "Under normal operating conditions, the fluid installed at the factory will provide satisfactory lubrication for the life of the vehicle."
Again , any notation in the maintenance book defines “ under normal conditions “ . Noted that dealerships have the ability to check your transmission fluid and more . Also Remember that these transmission are produced in house by the company and not by a “ certain “ well know transmission company , just a fyi .

·
Registered
322 Posts
Agreed. No fluid is "Lifetime" as heat cycles and contamination will break-down and decrease the fluid's effectiveness. If you have the MaxCare lifetime warranty then by all means stick to the manufacturers suggestions of leaving it be. If not and you are the warranty then it definitely wouldn't hurt to drop that pan to clean the magnets and replace with fresh fluid if for nothing else than peace of mind.

·
Registered
4,572 Posts
And this is coming from zf , a premier transmission builder for high performance applications

The German top manufacturer of transmission ZF recommends oil change every 8 years or 100,000 km. The oil change interval is actually set by the type of the transmission and also by the strength, or how long it is designed to be.

Some people should have some faith in what some people advise you , it’s not like I pull rabbits out of hats for a living . But hey , it’s your money, vehicle , stress , just remember a little maintenance goes a **** of a long way .

·
Registered
705 Posts
I would really like to know what they do for a 'Fuel system service' - I suspect just throw a can of gas additive in the tank....

·
Registered
911 Posts
Good Morning everyone,
I have my vehicle in today for some warranty work (replacing both lower A-arm's) due to a popping noise. During this visit I asked for a price on any maintenance due at a 100k. Now mind you this dealer I haven't been the happiest with and may hop dealers or do part of this work myself.

Quotes I got:
Engine coolant -doesnt need done til 150k
Battery Coolant -$249
Spark Plugs -$ 429
Fuel System service -$199
Cabin Filter $49
Software Updates 5hrs -$300.00

I asked specifically what updates ID and description. They're literally going back and forth with me saying these are not covered under extended or any existing warranty (I have a life time warranty). Here is the list I show using Chrysler's website:

I'll probably do:
Battery Coolant -however i thought they hybrid had 3 loops , so third one was not advised on(?)

Spark Plugs, Cabin filter -i'll do myself and document for warranty purposes.

Fuel System, I dont recall seeing this anywhere on maintenance schedule for 100k.

Any thoughts or input regarding these items.

View attachment 50334
Let us know how difficult the spark plugs are. That price of $429 is just outrageous!

·
Registered
911 Posts
If they do it correctly they should disconnect the fuel line and connect the cleaner directly to the fuel rails.
From my experience, if you just put some fuel injector cleaner in your tank once every 10,000 miles or so it will probably accomplish the same thing. But you’re right, I’ve seen it done the correct way where they connect it directly to the rails.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts